Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: More addicted now than with analogs?

Super Member ECF Veteran

For me i do vape more than when i smoked but i think that has to do with the hobby aspect of Vaping for me.As i am always trying to get the most performance i can from what ever pv i am using.I am constantly changing attys,cartomizers mixing flavors etc.But when i smoked i smoked beacause i enjoyed it it was a relaxant to me and so is vaping.I typically vape at 18-24mg juice but have been diluting my juice latley to about 14-16mg for when i am chain vaping i have actually gone down to 12mg juice also.To me it is not so much the addiction to nic as i can do without for long periods of time with no side effects like i had when smoking and i vape anywhere from 3-6ml a day depending.Around the 3ml mark if i drip that day and more if i use cartomizers.To me it is the hand to mouth addiction not so much the nic as i can go half of nic content of what i normally vape and still be satisfied

Senior Member ECF Veteran tresrottn's Avatar

We get WAY less nicotine than smoking ciggies. Our clean nic is absorbed in the mouth, and not the lungs like tobacco.
    Our bodies also have a built in warning system when it's getting to much, headaches, tummy aches, feeling poopy. I strongly believe now that our bodies are FAR more well equipped to the stop smoking/vape instead process than our thinking brains are. Pay attention to your body, listen to what it's saying to you. It knows what it's doing. The instinct for survival will always attempt to return us to a healthy state if we let it happen.

Chainvaping or powervaping is a perfectly normal part of the process. Pretty much everyone on the forum here has gone through it. You are still detoxing krap that built up over years out of your system (in those early months) and the extra hand to mouth action is coming from the years of the built in habit of smoking to replace that toxic gunk from ciggies.

The brain just thinks "if I do this motion more, the feel good stuff will be replaced" (please bear in mind that feel good stuff was the chemicals used to alter brain chemistry to make ciggies more addictive) Stock up with extra batteries, extra juice, more carts or atties and just ride the wave. Eventually, that subconscious urge runs it's course, the gunk goes away, and the brain repaths itself back to where it was before you started smoking. The power vaping slows down on it's own.

You just realize one day your battery lasted the whole day and not 4 hours
    Beans likes this.

HAH! Big Tobacco, put THAT in your pipe and smoke it!!!

Super Member ECF Veteran studio52's Avatar

I was a heavy smoker, so I vape quite a bit. But I also find that I can be satisfies with lower nic mgs. I just like having the ability to still puff and blow smoke....I do like the nicotine, but find I also enjoy flavors...and make my own juice, so I try and use lower nic mgs when making a new fruity flavor...with lots of vapor production.

Senior Member ECF Veteran JuiceJunkie's Avatar

I was also wondering this as well...I also find myself vaping a lot more as well. Yea, it's new to me (2 months) and that is a part of it. I enjoy it. I love the flavors that I am creating.

Les said it....
    [QUOTE=les017;2800590
    I smoked because I enjoyed smoking...I smoked as much as I did because I was addicted. For me I think vaping is somewhat the opposite. I vape because I am addicted...I vape as much as I do because I enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

Ultra Member ECF Veteran GIMike's Avatar

I believe I agree. I just enjoy vaping. That's the only conclusion I can come to When a really stressful situation comes up (being a tech support guy myself, and having to call tech support and get the crappy support that people complain to me about all the time), my e-cig almost doesn't cut it. A cigarette or two usually calmed me down pretty well pretty quickly. Kinda like, the e-cig just maintains, but doesn't do what I need when TSHTF. It just can't give you that calming massive nicotine dump into the blood stream that chain smoking 2 or 3 can do

Maybe if I carried around one of those emergency hypodermics that you stab into your chest with some 48 mg unflavored liquid.....

Just grab a bottle of high-nic juice for emergencies

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceJunkie View Post
    Just grab a bottle of high-nic juice for emergencies
    I think what I was trying to say is that I think that the e-cig is slower in getting the nicotine into your system by quite a bit. It's not a matter of the nic content. It's that cigs gave an almost instant relief compared to waiting 10-15 minutes-ish for the nicotine to get into your system from the e-cig.

ahh..gotcha Mike. I get that way when the Ex starts in with her BS....I just Vape more
    GIMike and ShannonA like this.

That's what I've been doing too since I fully gave up on e-cigs. Nothing's perfect I guess, even the e-cig

Super Member ECF Veteran

i found i was vaping alot more so i decide to lower my nic mg on this round of juice orders. figure if i'm vaping cuz i enjoy it should try to lower the nicotine
    JuiceJunkie likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast