How many mistakes do I have to make before I do better? - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: How many mistakes do I have to make before I do better?

Super Member Verified Member
    Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran

What type of e-cig are you using?

I wasn't able to quit analogs completely without a decent pv. I managed to get down to 2 analogs a day, but until I got my ego and decent juices it was a terrible struggle for me.

Once I did get the upgraded battery and decent juice (I did start at 36mg, but I am now down to 18mg/ 24 when really craving nic), I made the switch in under 1 week.

It is still a little tricky, but I have 2 boxes of analogs here and haven't had one in almost 2 months, it can be done - good luck! <3
    Gumboot likes this.

My 0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by bluebelle View Post

You are right, I cannot change yesterday morning as much as I would love to, but I can start right now to try and appreciate my new progress and to also try to forgive myself.

This is the Attitude that will get you Where you want to go in Life.

Right On.

Please check back in and let us All know how you are Doing. Were All Hoping you Make It.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I just bought myself a new kit to celebrate my success and to make it easier for me. My Ego kit from my first attempt was now nearly 2 years old and I feel, not working up to capacity. It is an Ego type model, the Firefly, and I got a bigger battery this time a 900 mah vs the 650 mah I had previously. Also bought some new atomizers which I felt were a vast improvement.

This has been so difficult for me and I did it by tapering down for weeks. I cannot have any cigarettes of my own because I know I will smoke them sooner or later. When I got down to one or two a day along with vaping for a week I decided it was now or never and did not buy another pack and recognize I cannot ever buy any again.

Did ask my daughter to keep hers out of my reach from now on. She didn't seem to happy about that, but then again she wasn't a happy person this weekend. Had asked her previously to deny me if I weakened and asked her for one of hers and she agreed to that so hopefully she will keep them off that table and out of my reach. The less temptation the better.
    Samyaza likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Hello and welcome.Don't be so hard on yourself ,it took me a long time,every time you get stressed it's such a habit to reach for a butt but it reallly will go away.Don't beat yourself up over it.I also live with a smoker so I know but it can be done.Good Luck.

ECF Veteran

You are lucky to feel that way Riverboat. While I recognize they are evil and potentially deadly things on an intellectual level, analogs still, on that addictive level, smell good to me and can have the effect of getting the addiction beast snapping again at me. Have staved him off until yesterday.

And while the analog did burn my throat a bit and make me dizzy, not to mention guilty and heart broken, it still has some attraction to me on that addict level, as much as I do hate those things.

But I am prepared to fight as I said, in no small part to the conversation here. Thanks for everyone's support.
    Last edited by bluebelle; 03-26-2012 at 08:15 PM.

PIF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I expect that for every 1 person who just instantly took to vaping, there are many more of us who at least tried a cig after switching over. You end up just kind of toughing it out early, find that higher nic, or WTA, or really nice flavor, vape your head off for a minute, then pat yourself on your back for not smoking that one time. After a while you'll realize that you haven't hit one of those spots in some time.

I vaped for about 4-1/2 months before letting myself try the sample cig, since I have an addictive nature. While I didn't have my head fall off, frankly it really did taste like crud compared to vaping. At that point I knew I was a vaper, no longer a smoker. A couple months later I went for my first VV mod -- I was successfully vaping, but did like the greater oomph of higher power (I had been using a passthrough as well as normal PVs previously).

With the 900 mAh, you might want to also scoop up some Boge 2 ohm cartomizers, or possibly look for something called the 1.7 ohm Resurrector. I hear it's pretty popular, and particularly for craving points getting more power through lower resistance can be helpful.
    Pay It Forward Learn to laugh at yourself -- why let everyone else have all the fun :)
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/

PIF Moderator Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Congrats on pushing through this, it will get easier in time and we're all here to support you!

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of juice (flavor/ratio) are you using? It could just be that you're not satisfied with the taste, etc. Most of us have gone through this, I still do from time to time and it's frustrating.

ECF Veteran

I know the feeling of having juice not hit the spot. I have made sure I have a variety of flavors and switch up constantly to keep myself involved in vaping. And I have found some flavorful (for me) juices this time around, not as many as I would like but I think that is every vaper's lament at one time or another.

I am considering getting some tobacco flavored juice today. Perhaps that would help. I have been avoiding that trying to break the tobacco cycle. Anything not to go back to analogs.

ECF Veteran

I have no idea how to use cartomisers or tanks.

I kind of missed that vaporizer evolution when I fell of the vaping wagon the first time. Keep reading about loss of flavor and leaking issues. I have stuck to what I started out with, the cartridges and fiber filling. Figured I should not make it too complicated on myself getting back in the vaping swing as it were.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I feel for you. These forums are like a support group in a way. I honestly don't know how it would've went without the community.

As for reducing vaping quickly after quitting analogs, I thought I would too. Instead, I've embraced vaping as part of my life instead of analogs. I test new flavors and products as a way of removing the want for an analog.

I wish you strength. I hope you continue the good fight! And let your steady know that you may need more time than he thought, and its not a bad thing. Vaping doesn't seem nearly as dangerous, and if actually good to experience the new flavors!
    Samyaza likes this.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast