Super Frustrated
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Super Frustrated

Default Super Frustrated

I have been trying to make the switch for a year this month. I have an entire cabinet FULL of various vaping supplies and just can't seem to find something that doesn't make me cough the instant I inhale. Its this horrible tickle chocking feeling like when you accidentally inhale ammonia or something. Has anyone else had this problem? How do you get around it?

Full Member Verified Member rjp1983's Avatar

are you vaping pg/vg blends? are your blends more PG than vg? You could be allerigic to pg. Also, your nicotine level may be way too high.

Im am vaping a 70/30 pg/vg blend. It does the same thing with 4mg nicotine.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Could be the quality of the juice you're vaping. As a noob I just vaped what my ecig supplier carried, which was definitely lower end, and I coughed till my throat was sore. Trying juices from different vendors cleared that up and now I know what works for me.

Maybe trying some samplers from a few different companies will help you out.
    Analog-free since March 27, 2013! The Best Is Yet To Come. If it's pretty .... I want it!
    ProVari x4, Roller, Omega, Ikarus V2.1, Vanilla, Valkryrie, KFL+ x5, Poldiac Hoey, V2, Taifun x2, ZNA, E-Mech Transformers, Cyclone BF, RSM Cruiser

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Try a supplier that has 100% VG. Johnson Creek and Ahlusions come to mind. Some people are allergic to PG and others are just sensitive to it.
    Retirement is a Blast for the first week.

Thank you Snapdragon, I will give that a shot!
    Snapdragon likes this.

I will look for some vg liquid. I stayed away from it because everyone says it clogs everything.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I would try a variety--all vg, all pg, unflavored & different vendors. Nicotine & PG can both cause your issue. It's also possible that you're getting dry hits & that will definitely feel like breathing ammonia. I accidentally cranked my vv too high & was getting dry hits. Coughing, gasping, eyes watering & afraid to try it again until I figured out the issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

How do you know the difference between a dry hit and a regular hit? Like how would I know if that is my problem is what I am asking.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Regular hits are usually warm and smooth with good flavor and good vapor. Dry hits tend to be hot, burnt tasting with little or no vapor. Basically means you're inhaling the essence of burnt wicking material. No pleasant at all. If this is the case, you may want to check your juice delivery system to see if it is clogged or set up wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast