Weight gain

Thread: Weight gain

Default Weight gain

I've almost entirely switched. I still have a real cigarette every few days . . . something in those things has a half-life which is kicking me around then, and the WTA doesn't have whatever that is. I'm not sweating that; it's much better than 25/day and I have hope that that will fade with time.

My concern right now is the weight gain. I've gained ten pounds already. I know this happens when people quit smoking, but I didn't think it was an issue when switching from smoking to vaping.

Exercise isn't helping.

My junk food consumption has probably increased. It's possible that my portion size has increased as well. Again, I think maybe I'm craving something added to cigarettes which isn't in WTA fluid. I smoked Camel Silver and Camel Blue, if that gives anyone any clues.

Soooo . . . it's not like I don't know what to do. Eat less; exercise more. It sure can be hard to implement, though. The last time I had to make a deliberate weight loss effort was about 15 years ago, and 15 years makes a huge difference in how hard it is to lose weight.

If anyone solved this problem by some means other than careful diet and lots of exercise, please do let me know.

Otherwise -- are others having this problem? If so, would you like to start a weight loss thread where we can cheer each other on and report progress?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

I have actually lost weight. I vape sweet flavors so that really does take the edge off of wanting something sweet.

I feel better and do not cough anymore. I'm more physically fit now but still have to drag myself to exercise. I have a trip coming up in about a month so I know what I have got to do....exercise. I'm sure now after quit smoking that I'll have better stamina.

Good Luck to You.

I also vape mostly sweet flavors, so I don't think that's it.

Glad you didn't have trouble.

So that's a no, then? Guess so.

Ultra Member* Verified Member AmandaD's Avatar

I wonder if your nic level is high enough? People who give up smoking usually do gain weight - but vaping seems not to have that affect since, at least for me, there is no unsatisfied craving. If I want something sweet I vape desert flavors!

Super Member ECF Veteran Worzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Didn't have much weight gain, either. I switched completely, though. If I did, the ummmmm, intestinal distress I had from giving up smokes may have taken care of all that.

Sent from my bird in a moist little package :-p

Ultra Member ECF Veteran StarsAndBars's Avatar

It could be that your portion sizes have increased as food may taste better. Maybe I'm reaching but vaping can dehydrate you which will play a huge role in weight gain. If you're asking what I think you're asking, weight gain isn't commonly associated with vaping.

I gained about 10 lbs in the first two months when I made the switch, once my body chemistry stabilized again (about 4 months along) I lost it all and am now back to my regular weight. I'm one of those awful people that has a really hard time gaining weight so this was a significant gain for me.
    I think switching to vaping has a significant impact on your body, just think, you're no longer ingesting tar, benzene, toluene, carbon monoxide or any of the other 3000+ compounds in tobacco smoke. It's going to take a while for your metabolic rate and biology to adjust. Have patience, drink lots of water.

Full Member Verified Member reptifarm's Avatar

I've gained weight too, that being said, I enjoy my food so much more than before! I chalk it up to eating more because I love it more!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]