Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Here's a pic of my polypropylene tank

Moved On ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by soul05 View Post
    ive recently been building some tanks after being inspired by this thread. since mcmaster can only do a min order of 10ft for the 5/8 polypropylene, i still have enough material for about 80 more tanks. im still waiting on some thumb screws, but this is what ive got so far. ill probably give some to my coworkers who im trying to get to stop smoking analogs.
    Attachment 177501
    Looks like quite a contraption you have there!
    Rapture, soul05 and framehacker like this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Thanks! I really wish that mcmaster carr sold something shorter than 10 ft....i have so much tubing left...
    SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS | SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS | GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS | SAN JOSE SHARKS
    f o r e v e r !

Super Member ECF Veteran Rapture's Avatar

Did anyone find similar caps to the j-tank yet? I wanna order some of this polyprophelene stuff and have some j-tank style caps. Ive looked all over google and no caps with any type of o-ring grooves.

Quote Originally Posted by sportyfortyeight View Post
    I got my polypro in today and already have most of my tanks with new tubes..
    What tubing did you order. Will it work with j-tank caps?

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbonman View Post
    The grommets I used were part #1061T83
    The tubing was part #5392K17

I put a socket (from a socket wrench set) inside the tubing and just used a regular plumbing pipe cutter to cut lengths off. It gives a pretty nice cut edge, I sanded the first one, and it didn't really look better enough to be worth it. I just cut the rest and used them.
    Thank you. What about o-rings, could you post a part number for those too. im stupid when it comes to measuring. do u know if this is the same size tubing that j-tanks uses with there caps?

Quote Originally Posted by my4jewels View Post
    For those of you who are wondering about the polypropylene tubing I've been using to replace my polycarbonate tubing on my tanks, I thought I'd post a pic for you.

This one uses a couple of liquinator caps. This tubing will fit on all of the popular tanks that use a 5/8" x 3/4" od tubing.

looks great. good job. have you tried this tubing on the j-tank caps? Do you think it would work on the j-tank caps?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415