Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Here's a pic of my polypropylene tank

Full Member Verified Member

I'm wondering what carto's you all use for these tanks? I just picked up some syringes and now need to figure out the carto to use.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

On my 5v box mod, and IPro VV, I use 3Ω Boges, and on my 3.7v's I use 1.7Ω Resurrectors.
    Quit Date: 03/2011

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Polypropylene is not clear, it naturally has a translucent frosted look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Patrick View Post
    I believe that frosted look is just how she ordered the tube. Looks awesome. I wonder if Lowe's has anything like it.
    No analogs since 5-5-11
    I am a DIY'ingcartotankingwoodmodaholic!
    2 Redsky mods, 8 ManCave mods, 1 Grip, 2 Wildman mods, 1 Hogmod, and a BoggerBox.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I took a good look at shoulder washers. I focused on the nylon ones because I figured that would best serve our purpose. The biggest reason I am reluctant to try them is the fact that they have no "give", much like the delrin that is used for many end caps.

If we could find the proper size, do you think we'd have to put a groove in around the inside and outside of the "insert part"? Some of the sizes that I found seemed acceptable, but IMHO they would need O rings for a tight and secure fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Carless View Post
    If you do a search on "shoulder washers" you might find what you are looking for for the end caps. I've been looking at them, but am unsure of the size needed.
    No analogs since 5-5-11
    2 Redsky mods, 8 ManCave mods, 1 Grip, 2 Wildman mods, 1 Hogmod, and a BoggerBox.

Super Member ECF Veteran Carless's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by my4jewels View Post
    I took a good look at shoulder washers. I focused on the nylon ones because I figured that would best serve our purpose. The biggest reason I am reluctant to try them is the fact that they have no "give", much like the delrin that is used for many end caps.

If we could find the proper size, do you think we'd have to put a groove in around the inside and outside of the "insert part"? Some of the sizes that I found seemed acceptable, but IMHO they would need O rings for a tight and secure fit.
    I have easily spent 12 hours searching for the end caps. I'm convinced that they have been re purposed and are available somewhere in bulk, but can not find them.
    If you go to google images and use the following terms, you can get very close but not quite there. I had some of the best luck with:
    adapter flange
    seal flange
    flange bushing
    shoulder washer
    stub end adapter

I have tried most all of those with the addition of "with o-rings" as well.
    If you still smoke analogs, people will soon look at you like your phone has a cord.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

So, the search goes on... Thanks for the additional search words. I think that a lot of the major tank sellers mill their own end caps. I mean. look how expensive the end caps are from BigDaddyVapor. The chibi tank looks like it uses the 5/5" grommets, maybe...

I have seen lots of custom drip tips made from polymer clay, but, personally, I don't think it's safe to inhale warm vapor against it. Gotta admit, it'd be fun to make our own end caps, but I'd never use the medium of polymer clay as part of my vaping.

Well, at least we've got great inexpensive polypropylene tubing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Carless View Post
    I have easily spent 12 hours searching for the end caps. I'm convinced that they have been re purposed and are available somewhere in bulk, but can not find them.
    If you go to google images and use the following terms, you can get very close but not quite there. I had some of the best luck with:
    adapter flange
    seal flange
    flange bushing
    shoulder washer
    stub end adapter

I have tried most all of those with the addition of "with o-rings" as well.
    GERGOZ likes this.
    No analogs since 5-5-11

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

The vendors have to be getting these in bulk somewhere, how can we make someone talk?
    my4jewels likes this.
    Quit Date: 03/2011

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Funny, LOL... If I had a business, and I made a gazillion dollars, I could hire a company in China to make some for us...
    But, then I could afford to spend a couple hundred dollars without bothering...
    Quote Originally Posted by oplholik View Post
    The vendors have to be getting these in bulk somewhere, how can we make someone talk?
    toto1013 likes this.
    No analogs since 5-5-11

Super Member ECF Veteran Carless's Avatar

Oh, well. I don't think that what the vendors are charging for them is too outrageous anyway. Guess I'll just buy a few more and be done with it.
    If you still smoke analogs, people will soon look at you like your phone has a cord.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

My problem is that I diy, and I can't control myself with flavors. I admit it; I'm a flavor junkie. Right now, I have at least 25 tanks in rotation, and I need an unlimited supply. I just can't stop...
    toto1013, Scottinboca and Foxfur like this.
    No analogs since 5-5-11

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast