Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: ViVi Nova hot leg fix

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default ViVi Nova hot leg fix

This is how I fixed the hot leg problem when re-building a ViVi Nova.
    I got some copper wire (pulled from a dead power cord I had laying around) looped it over the top of the wick after warping the Ni Chrome coil and and twisted it down the legs.
    I mocked it up with craft wire to take pics so you can see what I did.
    100_3207.jpg
    100_3210.jpg
    100_3211.jpg
    100_3212.jpg
    repeat on other side no more HOT legs
    remember to check the omhs before reassembly.
    iznogood1 and xlvray like this.

ECF Veteran

Also I have a tip for feeding the wires though the head body. cut off a 1 inch piece off of a coffee straw feed the wires in to the straw then feed the straw though the head. no more snagging wires during re-assembly.
    iznogood1 likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran rondasherrill's Avatar

Isnt there a consensus here that copper + juice = bad? Why not use silver non-resistance wire, like what is used in the iAtty? Other than that, good idea.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rondasherrill View Post
    Isnt there a consensus here that copper + juice = bad? Why not use silver non-resistance wire, like what is used in the iAtty? Other than that, good idea.
    I have never read that copper + Juice was bad. The wire in cartos is copper and soldered. you could do the same with any type of wire.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Have you guys posted this info in the vivi review thread? I'm sure folks there would appreciate this info if they don't have it already...

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Just don't want to lose this info!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    Central Florida Vapers
    Van Maxi,HellFire Mega,Touchwood,Nahual,KayFun3.1,Orion,91%,Cobra,Si lver Dog,Satburn22,PAPS Lux,Brass/Steel and Pit Neme's,Stingray,Origen Drippy,ZAU,MicroStick,VaporShark,Rose...Too much stuff lol

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rondasherrill View Post
    I'm not 100% but I believe the consensus was Brass + juice wasn't the best mix, if I'm not mistaken..... but I think the jury is still out on the reality of whats good and not so good....
    ​serial vapist

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ratpack7 View Post
    I have never read that copper + Juice was bad. The wire in cartos is copper and soldered. you could do the same with any type of wire.
    Quote Originally Posted by twohandedcreations View Post
    I'm not 100% but I believe the consensus was Brass + juice wasn't the best mix, if I'm not mistaken..... but I think the jury is still out on the reality of whats good and not so good....
    I would avoid using copper or brass wires ... here's an article about copper toxicity on cookwares.
    iznogood1 likes this.

Your method is overly complicated. No need to use another wire.

deezdrama's solution is all that is needed.

I didnt have any no resistance wire so just folded the legs of the coil, doubling them- twisting them tight...

I did a 2ohm 5-wrap coil 32awg over 3 lengths of wick, I left about an inch of kanthal for the coil legs and folded the legs in half and tightly twisted them, this effectively should cut the resistance of the legs in half,
    johnlacie and dwcraig1 like this.
    "The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see"

Try searching...

Full Member ECF Veteran

"I didnt have any no resistance wire so just folded the legs of the coil, doubling them- twisting them tight...

I did a 2ohm 5-wrap coil 32awg over 3 lengths of wick, I left about an inch of kanthal for the coil legs and folded the legs in half and tightly twisted them, this effectively should cut the resistance of the legs in half,"

I'm thinking of doing it this way. If you double over all the way to the coil is 32 awg best? I would like to end up between 2-3 ohm. I need to buy my wire. Since it's cheap and I don't mind experimenting. I should buy Kanthal 32 awg and maybe a few others?
    Last edited by quisp65; 06-24-2012 at 02:41 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast