Modified Splitfire tank into a RBA tank
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Njt07
  • 1 Post By horton

Thread: Modified Splitfire tank into a RBA tank

Default Modified Splitfire tank into a RBA tank

Dunno if anyone is tracking the splitfire at gotvapes, but its a two chambered tank with holes for 4 wicks and uses a vivi nova style replaceable atty head.
    Here NOW! The GotVapes SplitFire 3ml 2 Chamber Tank System - 4 Wick Leads - Replaceable Coil Heads & Tubes - VARIOUS COLORS!

Disclaimer, I'm a relatively unsophisticated modder, I make use of whatever I have available so my modded stuff tends to be ugly...

Anyway, I was having issues with dry hits and decided to mod mine, its been a great success with most other people, but for some reason I just cant get it to work in its stock config.

So, I dremeled off the side flanges that hold the wicks and coil and just left the base. In hind sight I should have just just cut off the far side and drilled a hole in it, but oh well it still works the way I have it.

I put a flattened airtube from a top coil into one of the wick holes, and screwed a small screw, no idea what size, into the positive pin.

I drilled a hole with the smallest bit I have for air flow and plugged the air holes in the bottom, its kinda airy cause my hole is a bit to big but I guess that just means more vapor.

This now vapes and wicks very well with a 70/30 vg/pg juice, malty toffee.

Sorry for the pics being sideways, no idea why they exported like that...
    Attachment 144515Attachment 144516
    AG51, WallyO, horton and 1 others like this.

Ascended To A Higher Plane ECF Veteran AG51's Avatar

I'm glad you got it to work for you

and it's not ugly

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Ever try to turn a 22" monitor sideways to look at a picture? LOL Just joking with you Njt07. I think your mod looks just fine and it was a neat idea.
    You took a device that did not perform to your expectations and made it work for you..... that's great!!! I'm like you..... whatever is on hand gets used in one way or another. No need to make things cost more than necessary especially when you are experimenting.
    Great job and keep on modding!!!!!
    AG51 likes this.

ECF Live Chat Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I had to turn my head funky sideways to see this. The pics you posted, did you use a phone? If so, tapatalk is weird about doing this. The tank looks awesome btw.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2
    Your opinions do not.matter to us, this space is not public.
    All I had here was an outside link to bring attention and peaceably assemble.