Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By adbakt
  • 1 Post By BJ43
  • 1 Post By adbakt
  • 1 Post By BJ43
  • 1 Post By BJ43
  • 1 Post By smokken22

Thread: Making a chimney from mesh

Default Making a chimney from mesh (Kayfun/Taifun...)

I made my chimney myself from mesh (two fold 400 mesh)
    I filled 1/3 of the tank with cotton to keep the liquid outside of the chimney. (because naturally the bottom of the chimney doesnt fit, it is loose)

For wicking I used cotton. Cotton touches the mesh wall

Result: Perfect vapor amount, perfect aroma

I think modders should thing about this.
    We need a chimney like that with threads

-----------------------------------------

Notes
    -It was not easy
    -I dont guaranty anything :-)
    -If you dont like to struggle with this kind of things dont try
    -I didnt hurt any atomizer during this trial
    -----------------------------------------
    I used:
    A Taifun Base
    Kayfun parts, (except the base and chimneys base)
    400 mesh and nichrom to fasten the mesh
    Last edited by adbakt; 02-16-2014 at 12:05 AM.
    350ZMO likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Why???? What advantage does it give? Seems to me it will be very hard to keep from flooding and you have to keep it vertical...

Because it puts an end to liquid feeding problem. When the coil needs it can give big amount of liquid instantly and it is better than liquid holes in bottom. This made by me in the house and of course it is primitive. But think a firm chimney with windows, and there is mesh on windows. With an usual atomizer there are to limitations. One of them is the vaporizing capacity/or speed and the other is liquid feeding capacity. If the first is bigger (more usual) you will have burn taste, if the second is bigger probably you will have leaking problem. With that I didnt experience any of them.

All of atties have a solution for liquid feeding and people tries new materials (in genisis ceramic, mesh 400, mesh 500, silica.. etc.) only to feed the coil with required amount of liquid.
    Last edited by adbakt; 02-17-2014 at 01:32 AM.
    budynbuick likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Good luck, been there. Look at some of my threads on wicking.

Just hemp
    #500 SS Mesh
    635 Mesh

Quote Originally Posted by adbakt View Post
    Because it puts an end to liquid feeding problem. When the coil needs it can give big amount of liquid instantly and it is better than liquid holes in bottom. This made by me in the house and of course it is primitive. But think a firm chimney with windows, and there is mesh on windows. With an usual atomizer there are to limitations. One of them is the vaporizing capacity/or speed and the other is liquid feeding capacity. If the first is bigger (more usual) you will have burn taste, if the second is bigger probably you will have leaking problem. With that I didnt experience any of them.

All of atties have a solution for liquid feeding and people tries new materials (in genisis ceramic, mesh 400, mesh 500, silica.. etc.) only to feed the coil with required amount of liquid.

:-)
    Thank you BJ43...
    I did read your experiment with VG/PG and Kerosin before.

Naturally I cannot go further with that, because it requires lots of things to make an SS chimney with windows and mesh on them.
    But I wanted to see if it works, and yes, it does.

If you are famililar with Taifun you know that there are two holes on upper side of its chimney; they put mesh all along from one hole to another, and makes the coil on that. It is very succesful atty. Or a "Flash-e-Vapor" atty has also two holes on the top of the chimney filled with mesh coiled on silica to prevent flooding the liquid inside, but still feeding the coil with enough liquid.

Even in a reverse genisis (like Aios) although help of the gravity, sometimes I experiencing feeding problem.

Anyway... just an experiment. :-)

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Have 3 Taifun GTs running and 3 more ordered, they are my favorite RBA. Have no problem with wicking using vertical 28g nano coils with hemp fiber around the coil not thru it. 1 to 1.3 ohms and I chain vape them around 17 watts. Do not get dry hits or flooding. Hemp lasts me over a month, some coils are over three months old. Really don't see what the screen does except hinder, but as always, each person is different and what work for him is what is best. Enjoy...

Quote Originally Posted by adbakt View Post
    :-)
    Thank you BJ43...
    I did read your experiment with VG/PG and Kerosin before.

Naturally I cannot go further with that, because it requires lots of things to make an SS chimney with windows and mesh on them.
    But I wanted to see if it works, and yes, it does.

If you are famililar with Taifun you know that there are two holes on upper side of its chimney; they put mesh all along from one hole to another, and makes the coil on that. It is very succesful atty. Or a "Flash-e-Vapor" atty has also two holes on the top of the chimney filled with mesh coiled on silica to prevent flooding the liquid inside, but still feeding the coil with enough liquid.

Even in a reverse genisis (like Aios) although help of the gravity, sometimes I experiencing feeding problem.

Anyway... just an experiment. :-)

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

A KF is a pressure device. If there is one thing a KF does, it is wicking and it does it very well. I donēt see the point in this. I do see a lot of flooding issues. But as said before, to each his own...

My self having 3 kf and 1 tf gt I find that different wicking make's huge difference and to make a new way to deliver juice to coil is very cool
    adbakt likes this.