Vivi Nova Problems
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Vivi Nova Problems

Senior Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Vivi Nova Problems

Hi Everyone

I am just following up on my original Vivi Nova review.

It was great while it lasted which was about 2 weeks

I experience three problems.

1 - The Positive Center Post was too long and not adjustable so the tank could not be screwed all the way down onto the battery connection. Some people have said they have either filed down the protruding center post, others were able to use and ego-510 adapter to solve the problem

2- My first replaceable head 2.8 ohms burned out after a few days

3- The threads on the bottom that screw the tank onto the battery connector failed completely. After they failed as a test I put a pair of pliers around the threads and with light force they crushed like a tin can. Tried the same test with Stone tanks, some Attys and other cartomizers and they withstood even strong force. I have seen a few similar complaints.

Hope the folks at Vision can fix they bugs because the product has potential

My Stone 2 and 3 tanks are still all good. Have not had to use any replacement innards yet. My personal opinion is that the Stone 2 was the best of the lot. Only problem with that was the resistance came at 1.6 ohms despite being advertised as 2.1-2.3 ohms. I tested the replacement innards too compare and they were more accurate.

I hope Vision continues to produce replacement innards for the Stone 2 and 3 tanks as promised

For now, I'm sticking with the Stone 2 and 3 which I can recoil and re wick myself if necessary in the future.

ECF Veteran

Quick addendum to my followup review of the Vivi Nova.

I believe the Stone 2 innards work with the Vivi Nova Tank shell using the Stone 2 innards and top cap and mouthpiece from the Stone 2 with the Plastic Vivi Nova Tank. There are some left at:

GotVapes VISION Stone 2 Innards [gv-vision2-innards] - $2.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Some people complained of leaks with the Stone 2 but I never experienced that problem personally other than the bottom cap seal developed a small leak which I fixed with a little gorilla glue. I'm still vaping off that same tank.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

just got my vivi nova filled up for the first time, vaping good but tastes really funny, didnt notice this with my vision stone 3, hopefully its just the coil needing broke in, anyone else noticed this?

I have to break my habit of stocking up on promising components. I am unsure why the coils fail at such an incredible rate with the Vivi nova, however, I average about 5 days on a coil. I use the vivi with a provari. I am dissapointed with the coil burnout on this unit. as good as the vapor quality is, I would not reccommend this unit.

ECF Veteran

Life would not be the same without my provari. Cart, attys, tanks come and go but the Provari rules!
    edensin likes this.

Full Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingkurtez View Post
    I have to break my habit of stocking up on promising components. I am unsure why the coils fail at such an incredible rate with the Vivi nova, however, I average about 5 days on a coil. I use the vivi with a provari. I am dissapointed with the coil burnout on this unit. as good as the vapor quality is, I would not reccommend this unit.
    Consider yourself lucky, I ordered two kits, went thru all the coils in one set within 2 hours. The coils lasted an average of about 10 hits each. One was DOA. I ran each at 3.7 volts on the ProVari. The last to go was a replacement 2.8 ohm when I ran the power up to 4.0.

I've got one that hasn't blown but throws codes constantly.

Between flooding carto tanks and this CE stuff, looks like I'll be sticking with cartos only.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 13F10 View Post

Between flooding carto tanks and this CE stuff, looks like I'll be sticking with cartos only.
    I am having great success with the Smoktech DCT tank I got from Madvapes and the higher resistance replacement Smoktech cartomizers I got from Liberty-flights. Also happy with standard Boge cartomizers. Also happy with the Boge atomizers for dripping with or without pumpcart. Liberty Flights sells the pumpcarts without having to buy the bridgeless atomizer that you really don't need. They only recommend bridgeless because sometimes the cotton on the bottom of pumpcart sticks to the atomizers which is easy to fix.

I'm so tired of getting sucked into every new product that comes out because this is also a hobby for me and I am a bit obsessed with it.

Good Luck.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Wow, I never heard of all these problems before . I have been useing the Vision ViVi Nova tank system for a month and, no big problems . No burnt atomizers , the center post at the 510 connection , you can just push it in or pull it out , it has o-ring like bushings, no need to file . However I did get a short 510 to 510 extender from SmokTek the are the best fit to make my Lava Tube fire perfect. The center pin and the outter 510 threads are close together and short out and not fire but, the 510 spacer fixed it and improved the air flow.
    I have 4 Nova's and I run 3 all day. Version 1 & 2 , the 1 has long wicks and air holes in the bottom chrome cap, on the edge were the texture is to help grip it to turn and tighten. T 2 is short wicks and I think now cotton, a differant material any way.
    And the air holes are just above were the 510 threads are cut on the outter post. So the 510 spacer help that one breath better too. Never a leak but I had some dry hit so someone said to trin the silicone cap on top of the atomizer, so it don't push down on the wicks and cut off the juice. So I trimed like a16th off and it's been great...
    I'm really enjoying the Nova Tanks , no having to fill , top off , drip, constantly..

Well, Best Wishes......

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I ordered a V1 Vivi Nova on day one...it works great and is still going on the same head. Now have 2 V2.5 Vivi Novas....they are significantly better. I love these things. Great taste, great vapor, easy to fill....so far extremely reliable.
    mrgoodwrench2u likes this.

Blog Entries

I've been running a V2 for 3 weeks now, no problems at all. Had heard a lot of bad stories about the V1 though. The only minor gripe I have is that the flavour isn't quite as good as on the Vision/Stardust set up, which is now available as a rebuildable. I can't wait to get my hands on that!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast