Valley View Tanks 7ml Pyrex Tank Review
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Valley View Tanks 7ml Pyrex Tank Review

Blog Entries

Default Valley View Tanks 7ml Pyrex Tank Review

Valley View Vapors Welcome to Valley View Vapes - Your Home for Quality Inexpensive Tanks and Vaping Supplies
    Triple V 7 ml pyrex tank review (independent)

A new tank vendor has begun distributing his version of a pyrex (borosilicate glass) tank. They are available in 4ml and 7ml sizes in clear ($13 and $15, respectfully) or frosted ($22 and $24) glass. These are grommet tanks, of which the grommets were custom made to fit this tank. They have a very tight seal. The easiest method to fill this particular tank, is to use a syringe, slid between the cartomizer and the grommet.

The 7ml tanks use a 45mm cartomizer, the 4ml tanks use a 35mm carto. The tanks ship assembled with a single hole pre-punched cartomizer already installed. The vendor has genuine Boge cartos, available in both lengths with choice of resistance (2 or 3 ohm) . He also offers 5 packs for sale, and at your request will test (for correct resistance and for DOA cartos) and prepunch the cartos for $1. The 7ml tank measures 1"D x 1.5" L, the 4ml tank measures 1" x 1".

Attachment 115478Attachment 115479Attachment 115480Attachment 115495

I have several polypropylene DCT's in my arsenal. (I dislike the polycarbonate variety for multiple reasons.) I vape only with tanks and clearos. I would have preferred pyrex tanks, but the pyrex tanks available are at least double the price of a polypropylene tank, and I use many for my juices. Still, I keep my eyes open for all vendors offering pyrex, as I planned on getting one or two for my setup.

When I saw Valley View Vapes was offering a pyrex tank at such an affordable price I decided to give them a try. For that low of a price, if they were crap I wouldn't be out that much money. If they turned out good, then I would be getting a steal. I ordered two clear glass 7 ml tanks. I also ordered extra grommets and 0 rings, and the blunt nose needle/bottle filling kit that the vendor sells.

It was a slight challenge filling the tank with juice for me. Inserting the needle tends to push part of the grommet/0 ring farther into the tank with it. Once in filling position, I attached the bottle of premeasured juice to the needle and filled up the tank. (On hindsight, a pre-filled syringe with a Leur lock attachment would probably work better than the bottle.) Withdrawing the needle, the grommet remained in the "deformed" position in the tank. Luckily I had a dental tool available and was able to tease it back into position, good as new. The silicone is soft and could easily tear, but if you are careful you shouldn't have a problem.

Pro's: For the money paid, I am very satisfied with my two tanks. I think they are nice looking. These tanks are never going to fall apart accidentally (tight fitting grommets and O rings) or accidentally fall off of my Silver Bullet (I am always mindful to be careful how I handle my DCT tanks on it.). At 4 and 7 ml size, they are pretty large capacity for a pyrex tank. Safe for use with polycarbonate-unfriendly juices.

Con's: They are a slight pain to fill (aren't most tanks?). You must be mindful to be carefull with the fill needle not to damage the silicone seals. Extra sets of grommets and O rings and a dental tool are probably advised.

The vendor also offers polycarbonate and polypropylene tanks.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I really like these a LOT. I found them easy to fill first time off. Great price , you can have 4 for the price of the usual pyrex price. You can keep a few of these filled with your favorite juices ready to just put on your battery when your heart desires. I am a bit wary when I have to go and top off the tank, any suggestions? I have syringes and am probably gonna give it a try that way. I dont want to spill any of my precious juices. Thank you for any help.
    scottax likes this.
    "me, I'm on the side of the Angels............ but the Devil is my best friend"

Blog Entries

I haven't needed to top off my two tanks yet. Both are 7 ml tanks, and I have around eight 3.5ml/6 ml DCT Smoktech tanks also, so I switch off between all of them. I guess topping them off will be like when I initially filled them with the blunt needle and syringe. Just be careful of not damaging the soft silicone grommet, and have a dental tool to tease it back into place after adding the juice.

Does this fit ego?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by utuxia View Post
    Does this fit ego?
    Well, they come equipped with a Boge carto, which is 510 threaded. I've not used an ego personally, so I don't know if ego has their own threads or uses 510. I'm sure if you contact the vendor, he can answer your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Baditude View Post
    Well, they come equipped with a Boge carto, which is 510 threaded. I've not used an ego personally, so I don't know if ego has their own threads or uses 510. I'm sure if you contact the vendor, he can answer your question.
    yes, 510 and ego have same threads.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Great review! I think the grommet is a big turn off for me. They seem very fragile from the picture imo.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trinifreak View Post
    Great review! I think the grommet is a big turn off for me. They seem very fragile from the picture imo.
    Thanks. I understand your apprehension.

To me, it depends upon your perspective of fragile. The grommets are fragile from the aspect that they are made of a soft silicone and one must take care of not tearing them when pushing a blunt needle between it and the carto. Extra grommets are dirt cheap from the distributor, so replacing them after every other carto change isn't too much expense. I advised having extras around, and also a dental tool or similar device is helpful to adjust the grommet to line up perfectly after filling.

Once these tanks are on your vaporizer tho, they are extremely sturdy and can not be accidentally pulled off the vaporizer by pulling from the drip tip or tank itself (unlike the SmokTech DCT tanks I own). The grommet seals are extremely tight fitting and will absolutely not leak juice from between the glass or the carto. If your mod fits, this tank allows carrying in a pocket without any worries of leaking or falling apart.

That said, they are a slight pain when filling with via a needle. I haven't had to change a carto yet; I anticipate a slight struggle in exchanging an old carto for a new one.

Full Member* ECF Veteran motelgrim's Avatar

I recently bought one and love the tank except when it comes to filling it or changing cartos. Since boges started being crummy, I do this a lot and I've got the routine worked out. I'm a tinkerer anyway so its not *that* big a deal but I did promptly tear up the grommet within the first couple of days. I emailed the vendor and he happily replaced the o-rings and grommets.
    Here's a tip - fill from the bottom and fill from the outside edge of the grommet. That way you can see the needle as you progress past the o-ring and grommet. Also, I have since "sharpened" the filling needle I bought from them. Rather, I ground it down to an angle like a medical needle but sanded everything smooth so it doesn't cut anything. it makes it a lot easier to get past the grommet without pushing it down into it.

Enjoy
    cowbite/motelgrim

< cowbite on stickam, vaughn, justin.tv >

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I like the tanks but didn't like the needle hole.

What I do now is fill them without the needle. If you make sure that the grommets are pre-wet with juice on both the inner hole and the outside edges, they'll slide up and down the cardo into the tank really easy.

I insert the cardo and the bottom grommet into the tank and get them into their final position. Take the top grommet, put it on the top of cardo but don't slide it into the tank yet; fill the tank with juice now. Then push the top grommet into the tank. If the grommet is wet, then it will easily slide into place in the top of the tank.

While positioning the top grommet, rest the bottom of the cardo on a hard surface. That way you won't slide the whole bottom grommet and cardo out the bottom of the tank while you're inserting the top grommet. If you push the bottom grommet out of the tank, juice goes everywhere.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast