Kanger Protank vs. iClear 30 - My initial review (pics on SVD and Tesla) - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Kanger Protank vs. iClear 30 - My initial review (pics on SVD and Tesla)

pkj
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I am using eVod wicks in my ProTank.
    So if you can't find ProTank wicks, look for eVod wicks.

Moved On ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by BostonVape View Post
    protanks went down in price too if you didn't already know!

they got rid of that giant case and were able to cut down cost

http://www.vapeininthecape.com - $15.99

I have 1 but i'm going to wait a little while longer to see if they drop even more
    Hmm...I'll have to try that!

Super Member ECF Veteran

I'm on day 3 using my protank and am happy with it. No leaking or gurgling and the flavor is nice. Not as strong or flavorful as the iclear 30 imo but I can't deal with the leaking and gurgling that comes with the iclear....

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadKat View Post
    I'm on day 3 using my protank and am happy with it. No leaking or gurgling and the flavor is nice. Not as strong or flavorful as the iclear 30 imo but I can't deal with the leaking and gurgling that comes with the iclear....
    After a week on the ProTank, it's the best thing going in a cheap (relatively) clearomizer tank. With the bottom coil and glass it's a winner all the way around. Got two more on order and plan on several more when the next co-op comes around. Discountvapers.com was one of the few places that had them in stock the other day when I ordered, and got a handful of new heads while I was ordering.

My wife and kids will get the iClear 30s I have.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Ok I'm sold on the protank. Now time to order.

Account closed on request

I too prefer the ProTank over the iClear 30, but both have functioned well for me with no leaking. I'm not all that fond of the tighter draw on the iClear, but it's not something I can't get used to. It's also a juice hog due to those crazy wicks. Taste is subjective, but I'm getting better taste with my juices from the ProTank. Perhaps because the tank is glass, it's a bit cleaner tasting.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I don't have an iclear but was thinking of getting one, which brought me here. I got the pro tank and on day two I started to get some burnt hits off of it and a very airy draw, also a very muted flavor. I'm not sure what this is about because the reviews on it for the most part are pretty good. What am I doing wrong? Or is this just my luck with these types of tank's? Lol I plan on purchasing replacement heads to give it another shot. Any advice?

ECF Veteran

I broke my protank...... I had it on my provari and dropped it from about waist high onto a tile floor. It landed on the drip tip and cracked the tank. It was a real hard hit so I can't fault the tank. Have to chalk it up as a lesson learned... glass was not made to bounce off tile

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lava_Man View Post
    I don't have an iclear but was thinking of getting one, which brought me here. I got the pro tank and on day two I started to get some burnt hits off of it and a very airy draw, also a very muted flavor. I'm not sure what this is about because the reviews on it for the most part are pretty good. What am I doing wrong? Or is this just my luck with these types of tank's? Lol I plan on purchasing replacement heads to give it another shot. Any advice?

I am starting to think it is somehow juice related I put so many tanks of Hummingbird Nectar though the Protank I was sick of it. I switch to coffee and it seemed to quickly degrade and I was swapping the wick every tank or so. The testing continues.
    txtumbleweed likes this.
    Current PVs: eGo - GoGo - Riva - VV Infinity - Tesla Chrome - Darwin

Full Member Verified Member

the protank is coming in a week but in the mean time- the iclear 30 i've been using definitely makes some good thick vapor vs vivi's or ce5's ...however i noticed the EVOD makes just as much if not more flavorful vapor (hence i would imagine protanks just as good) . The iclear30 definitely leaks from the mouthpiece/driptip after chain vaping and the liquid gets a lil warm/ thin. And the pull is WAY too tight for me- until you warm up the coils a bit. If the protank is an improved evod, it'll definitely be my fave. of course... after this Terminator C im gettin

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast