Kanger Protank - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kanger Protank

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedMyst View Post
    Excellent idea! And the base would be bigger, for better finger grip. I've accidently unscrewed the tank from the base on mine twice and spilled fluid all over my mod thinking I was just taking the ProTank off. I agree with everything woof said but will add on build quality, it's just amazing! The fit and finish is flawless. The design is the easiest to clean and replace of any I've tried, which is granted, limited. That they channeled the bottom for better air flow shows careful engineering and design. That they included an Ego adapter ring is above and beyond. For $18 it's hard to fault this tank. If there is one, its too airy. That can be fixed with a little teflon tape but I image on the v2, they will tight up the draw. Even so, the airy draw is still good, you just have to adjust yourself to it. Once you do, its a great vape.
    You say the airy draw can be fixed with Teflon tape! Please tell me more of how to do this. I love the Protank and the light draw is my only complaint, but even then I still love it. Its sleek looking and I love the nice taste it provides.

LURKER - Q Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tippyclubb View Post
    You say the airy draw can be fixed with Teflon tape! Please tell me more of how to do this. I love the Protank and the light draw is my only complaint, but even then I still love it. Its sleek looking and I love the nice taste it provides.
    Don't cover all the vents! One guy did that & ruined his coil head.
    Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly ~~~Anon

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

You can get an air controller and it works great and is the same size as the pro tank base

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by f4ifrank View Post
    Since supplies for replacement heads for my Vivi Vision Nova Mini have been harder to find, I ordered a Protank and gave it a try. The taste of the juice is nowhere near the level of the Vision Mini. As soon as I get verified, I'm going to sell my Protank. The Protank looks good, built well but he execution of juice taste just didn't work for me. I hate it because the replacement heads are cheaper.

I've tried a number of clearomizers but have yet to find one that matches the Vivi.
    I have 2 Vivi Novas and my experience with them is they're persnickety. They have to be at *just* the right voltage setting and although the vape with a Vivi is warmer, I get far less vapor from them. If you want to make a trade, PM me and we can talk details.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

If you want a tighter draw with your ProTank take a paper towel, fold it in half, tear or cut a notch in the fold the size of the 510 connection (does not have to be perfect) put it between you tank and the device, tear off excess paper towel. You now have the perfect adjustable draw for your protank. Snug it up a little for tighter draw, Loosen it a bit to make it airey. Free , Replacable , Biodegradable

With that said can somebody tell me how to get more than about 4 or 5 tanks used without the flavor and vapor just going down the drain
    Last edited by rubrduk; 05-31-2013 at 10:30 PM. Reason: more info

Senior Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I have talked with a few people that have used the tip of a toothpick to tighten the draw also, but have not tried it yet.

The only major drawback for me is how easy the threads are to break off the base if it tips or falls. The bottom bases are hard to replace alone; I learned after a while that I could simply lay it on its side....
    http://www.casaa.org

Full Member Verified Member

With that said can somebody tell me how to get more than about 4 or 5 tanks used without the flavor and vapor just going down the drain
    try removing the extra wick thats on top of the coil.. should help with the flavor

Super Member ECF Veteran MissAmerican's Avatar

I just ordered a protank and after reading so many reviews I cant wait till it gets here! I just got a vivi nova tank and an not happy with it at all, I don't know what im doing wrong but I get hardly any vapor from it! i'm pissed I spent a good amount of money on it and I've tried 5 different atomizer heads and still am getting little to no vapor from it. any suggestions or help on this issue would be very much appreciated!

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran Bawn's Avatar

how did you guys get the pro tank to wick? mine just wont wick worth a dam. tried both heads, tried removing 1 top wick then both still no luck. any ideas? only using 50/50. people use 100%vg and have no issues. how's this possible that I cant get it to wick on a vamo. no matter what wattage I set it to I cant get this dam thing to operate like its suppose to. coil is coming in at 2.6ohms. also I has this chemical taste to it that's making me sick, even it does wick for one drag. so disappointed this trash. kanger needs to step up there game and stop releasing the same things that don't work IMHO. kanger T3 has the exact same problem. how can a bottom coil not get juice? the dam coil is literally sitting in juice......lost
    Last edited by Bawn; 06-16-2013 at 10:17 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12