Thread: !! KANGER PROTANK 2 vs VIVI VISION 2.5 !!

Super Member Verified Member DrillRX's Avatar

Default !! KANGER PROTANK 2 vs VIVI VISION 2.5 !!

My first review posted since I started vaping 9 months ago. Please be patient.

First of all I am a long time user of the Vivi Vision tank system, so i'm a little biased. I just recieved my protank 2 system in the mail today and was surprised to find the iclusion of the tank cone that fit's my ego mega perfectly and makes a seemless look between the tank and the mod. The price was not bad (18.99 from discountvaper.com). The replacement coils and quite a bit cheaper than the Nova heads as well, $11 for 5 pack, the nova heads seem to be running between $2.50 and $3.50 each.

I do have to say right off the bat that it's a relief to see that the coil can be replaced without emptying out the fluid, unlike the Vision tank. The fit and finish of the tank seems to be top notch, even though the drip tips are a bit tough to fit in the top of the tank. The stainless tips have a better fit and don't have to be forced in. There are no gaps between the cone, mod, tank, and the draw is what I would compare to an analog cigarette. The fact that you can use all the fluid without tipping the tank upside down is definitely a plus. Anyone who uses a top coil knows what i'm talking about there.

After hitting it pretty hard all day long I am so far impressed and this may be a full time replacement for my Vision tanks. Although I would like to have a stainless tank tube for a backup, the glass tube seems a little delicate for my day to day routine. The vision tank would tend to build alot of fluid under the drip tip and start to gurgle, and several times a day have to be cleaned out with a Q-tip or tissue. The Protank has had no such issue as of yet. I have checked several times today and have seen no accumulation of fluid under the tip, or on the mod post under the tank.

So far, as long as I don't break the pyrex tube, it looks like this tank is one that won't have to be fussed with too often during even a heavy vape day. Not sure of the capacity of the tank (it looks about the same size as the Vision 2.5) but I believe i've been using it just as much as usual with the Vision tank or maybe even more, and i'm only down to half a tank at the end of the day. I would normally be refilling my Vision 2.5 around this time.

After a few days or weeks using the protank exclusively, I will have more on my experience, good or bad.

So far So good.

Your comments or experience with this tank would be appreciated.

Thanks

DrillRX
    Last edited by DrillRX; 08-25-2013 at 11:05 PM.

Full Member Verified Member friedbob's Avatar

Grats on the PT conversion. I have 2 PT1s that I use whenever I go anywhere due to the ease of use and low maintanence. I think you might be able to get a metal tank through IBTanked although I'm not positive BUT since the whole thing comes apart you could always just get another for it if it does break =D. Also, you can get kanger heads for as cheap as $5, $11 is actually pretty high from what I've seen. It also hold 2.5 mls of juice just like the original PT.
    Last edited by friedbob; 08-26-2013 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Added info

Ultra Member Verified Member dice57's Avatar

I have both the original PT and the PT II, and enjoy them both. Actually prefer the PT II over the original, mainly because one can disassemble it for cleaning, also looks better on top of my new Provari, than the original does. Both Protanks give exceptional clean tasty hits.

That being said, it took me some time to iron out the quirks with this tank.
    The main thing one needs to do is to allow some time for the juice to soak into a new coil before firing this baby up. Sure you can fire it right away, and it will give a great hit, but, chances are you'll burn your wick or start sucking to hard and flood your tank. Once you flood the Protank, you are screwed. Just wasted a good coil, and it won't stop flooding till you clean the tank, replace the coil and start all over. I've also read and viewed where you can remove the top flavor wick so that it will wick juice better, and you can. But don't do that. Always try with all the wicks installed first, let the juice soak for at least 5 minutes or longer, then vape to your hearts content. you can also give it a couple primer drags, but is not needed if you allow you juice to soak in first, and if you suck to hard while priming it, it can and will flood. wasting another coil, and starting all over, and tempting one to toss the whole thing out. lol

The other thing one must be careful to avoid, is over tightening the tank on to your device. This can bend the coil wire and restrict the airflow so that when you drag on it, you'll suck to hard and flood the tank. Crap!!! another coil fraked. if you gently screw the tank onto the mod then fire it up, you then can adjust the tightness of the draw by simply loosening or tightening the tank to your mod, then one has found the entrance to Vape Heaven.

Apologies for the length of this reply. I just wanted to save those thinking of getting a Protank some frustration and coils. I basally went through 5 coils before the entrance to Vape Heaven was found. I am using the PT's on my new Provari, which came with the PT II, in the starter kit, and was determined to find out how to make it Vape correctly. I finally belive I Understand.

I found a 5 pac replacement coil heads for $5.95 at Discount Vapor. Great price. They were out of stock on the 2.5 ohm Protank Coil replacement pack, but were in stock with the Kanger eVod/Protank Coils. Which under the description said that Kanger is discontinuing the shorter eVod coils and going with the longer Protank models, so, hey, they weren't out of stock after all lmao! Kanger eVod/Protank Coil Replacement **5 pack - 2.5 ohms