Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: All these juices crack polycarb tanks. So why buy it!

Super Member ECF Veteran

Default All these juices crack polycarb tanks. So why buy it!

Sour flavors
    Malic acid
    Citrus acid
    Cinnamon like "atomic cinnamon" types, not warm cinnamon like cinnamon coffee cake, this is okay
    Wintergreen juice or flavoring
    TPA ripe banana flavoring
    TPA honeysuckle flavoring
    TPA maraschino cherry flavoring
    TPA cherry blossom flavoring
    TPA root beer flavoring
    Mrs. T's strawberry shortcake, snickerdoodle
    KBV Hummingbird nectar
    mimosa(because of the orange)
    cola(because of cinnamon)?
    Vapor Renu Teaberry, cherry vanilla (possibly most of their flavors)
    Vapor Renu Mt. Dew baha blast and Strawberry limeade
    Oil based/e liquid that contains essential oils, when mixed with pg/vg, creates esters which will crack plastics
    E liquids that contain triacetin, used in vg liquids to carry flavor more effectively
    Vapalicious Gooey Butter Cake
    Nutmeg
    Clove oil
    Mt. Dew flavoring
    TPA Cinnamon Danish flavoring
    Sassafras
    Rawrvapor Hawaii Sunrise
    TPA Vanilla Custard flavoring
    Tasty Vapor Cherry Cola
    Vixen Vapor Rootbeer
    TPA Pineapple flavoring
    TPA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream flavoring
    Vaporgod Licorice
    VAL Goddess
    VermillionRiver e juice
    MojiTTo likes this.

2. Advertisement
    Full Member ECF Veteran

just use a different type of tube than poly. what really made me worry is some juices will melt the delrin end caps ( Vapor Renu mt. dew and sprite in my case) ate the delrin end caps and turned them to goo on my ssr tank (which uses a siringe like tubing) LUCKLY this was before good prophets stopped making the ssr and I got replacements.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Eliteedge_7 View Post
    just use a different type of tube than poly. what really made me worry is some juices will melt the delrin end caps ( Vapor Renu mt. dew and sprite in my case) ate the delrin end caps and turned them to goo on my ssr tank (which uses a siringe like tubing) LUCKLY this was before good prophets stopped making the ssr and I got replacements.
    Like Pyrex or steel ? What do u use?

CCC
    Super Member ECF Veteran

You can get glass, or steel.

Full Member ECF Veteran

I use stainless steel and syringes cut to length, no real clue what type of plastic they are never looked into it.

Super Member ECF Veteran Old Chemist's Avatar

Syringes are usually made of polypropylene (PP) or polyethylene (PE). Those plastics are the most suitable for our purposes.

Super Member ECF Veteran tonyorion's Avatar

Surprised to hear about the Delrin which is one of the better plastics when it comes to chemical resistance, although it is not at the top of the chemically resistant plastics. Polycarbonate, while mechanically very tough, absolutely and unequivocally sucks in any kind of chemical environment. especially one where any kind of heat is involved. In my first job out of grad school, it cost my company millions $ to replace polycarbonate parts that were cracking all over the place. Luckily for me, I was the one engineer who said don't use it on a new product design, but I was barely a month into the job at the time.

It really stuns me to see polycarbonate tanks still being used when other alternatives are available. Impact resistant glass would work fine, except that it is a bear to cut without some special tooling even if the tooling would not be that expensive-basically a diamond cutting wheel in a tube cutter. You are not exactly cutting the glass but scoring and breaking it.

Full Member ECF Veteran

I like the idea of using Impact resistant glass and am going to have to give it a try. it would probably work really well in a genisis atty.... hmmm mind is going on a whole new world of possibilities...

Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla

Seems to me all polycarbonate is not of the same chemical make up, I have run the same juice in some poly tanks and they have cracked and in others that have not. I especially like the full 1/8" walled good polly tanks, I have no issues with the ones I'm using, no cracks at all, the Phidiac pyrex glass tanks also dont crack either.
    I have no favorites I love them all, but the sexy chicks who sport wild thongs drive me up the wall ;-)
    Support the cause give to CASSA

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

I feel ya, I cracked a whole lot of tanks, I just stick with my big daddy and lil' mama tanks. I have the all SS version and the delrin endcap/pyrextube setups for both the BD and LM. Love these tanks... 4 tanks with no leaks just like the 2 DCT MAP tanks I own and hold a bit more eliquid than the DCT MAP, but don't look as cool on my Provari as the DCT MAP does. If I can get a SS or pyrex tubing cut to DCT MAP specs, I'll put the 2 little fellas back on my roster with full faith of their ability to perform like I need them to!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast