Kanger Pro Tank VS Smoketec Dual Coil Tank - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Kanger Pro Tank VS Smoketec Dual Coil Tank

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I just got the Tatroe tank. It uses a Protank bottom and replacement head. It fixes the noisy too airy vape. I really liked the Protank and plan to order a blue one soon but this Tatroe tank is awesome!!!!!! LOL I don't really care for the way it looks but the majority of reviews I've seen...... others love the sleek look. There are two styles and you need to order the cap and coils on the page if you don't want to rob your Protank. It's a little pricey compared to the Protank....It is worth it. I will be ordering the other style asap.

Tatroe Tank 3.2ML Grooved

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

just recieved my boge carto's today. I left a hole on one side and put a slit in teh other. installed in the DC tank then primed it a little and let it sit for a half hr. Works amazing on my ego twiste, really really good. the boges seem to sit in it better. so im going to keep the dc tank and stick with the boge f15's

ECF Veteran

also tried my brothers new Ismoka tank today. its a clearmizer thats bottom fed and actually works and taste really good, I plan on picking one up once the e cig store gets the 2 ohm ones

ECF Moderator Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Moved to Assorted PV Topics - Tanks

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Lee View Post
    i got the smoktech pyrex dcc and i have nothing but bad things to say. first, it gurgles way too often. and it's not just moderate gurgle, these are gurgles where you are drinking the juice literally. also, way too little vape on these, not to mention, it's cooler vape than bccs!
    fyi, i have the boge f16 cartomizers 1.5ohm 2-holes.

in my experience, evod generally give the best vape for bccs. and protanks are only good for certain juices, probably because it's airy.
    Opposite experience for me. I was curious about adding a 2nd hole, so I'm glad you said this. I wont. I'm still using the stock Smok carto, single coil, single hole, and it's spot on for flavor, vapor, and warmth. These are way warmer than the KPT. It's very much like the EVOD for flavor and warmth, but I can get near 6ml in this tank compared to the 1.6 of the EVOD. I've read varying reports about Boge carto, so that may be the problem for ya.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Rodeorat View Post
    Opposite experience for me. I was curious about adding a 2nd hole, so I'm glad you said this. I wont. I'm still using the stock Smok carto, single coil, single hole, and it's spot on for flavor, vapor, and warmth. These are way warmer than the KPT. It's very much like the EVOD for flavor and warmth, but I can get near 6ml in this tank compared to the 1.6 of the EVOD. I've read varying reports about Boge carto, so that may be the problem for ya.
    the boge f16 I have in my dc tank is awesome, but I did add a slit in one side to open in up more. hope the other 4 work as good as this one

ECF Veteran

My experiences with the Boge carto's have been great. I buy unpunched and punch them myself and have no issues. I can customize holes for varying juices that i have. 65/35, 50/50 and 100vg. I just got a pack of prepunched smok xl cartos and im not impressed. Will try a different juice in it and see if it was the juice.

DNA30/20,Reo Grand LP, Provari, Provari Mini, Nzonic Clone...the list goes on..who cares i'm not smoking butts!

I had been using a DCT for about a month before I tried the Protank. I am enjoying the Protank so much more for the flavor and vapor production. The draw is airy, but pretty much negated by the "primer" draw that I take anyway. The DCT is now my back-up and the Protank my everyday tank. Both are heads and tails above a Nova in my opinion just for ease of use and no leaks.

Blog Entries

I love my pro tanks getting some EVOds in the mail just mostly for juice tester since you can only put 1.7 MLs in them. But, of course, you have to keep buying the heads. I have found 5 coil heads for 6 bucks (no not from fasttech). I like them because they are easy to clean and replace the wicks. A lot of time I can wash the wick heads under warm water and get the gunk off an use them again when they start to get a burnt taste and no I don't clean and dry burn. I just wash them and let 'em dry.
    PaulaNG likes this.

Blog Entries

I realize this is an old thread, but it seems to be still alive, so I'll add my experience which looks to be more varied than some of the other posters. I've used cartotanks as my primary delivery device for way over a year. I preferred them by far to the clearos that were available a year or so ago. A cartotank provides me with the most flavor, and not fussy, they are consistant depending upon the cartomizer you use. The only maintanance a cartotank needs after setup is simply adding more juice to the tank.

Your choice of cartomizer has much more to do with your satisfaction than the tank you use with it. I'm basing this on a decent quality cartotank, not an inexpensive tank under $20. There is a difference between cartomizers. If not happy with one brand, there are two other choices to try. My personal favorite carto are the Ikenvape 510 Fusions and the Ikenvape Platinum in standard resistance. After that I will use a Smoktech single coil. I've never cared for the Boges, but that's just my subjectiveness.

Having said that, I have tried a variety of clearotanks. Vivi Nova, Kanger T's, Kanger Evod and Protanks, Innokin iClear 16 & 30. My favorites are the Innokin 30 and the Protanks. The Innokin 30 is a 2.0 ohm dual coil with 16 wicks (replaceable heads). Flavor production is just a tad shy of a cartotank. I happen to also like the Knucklehead-type drip tip which you can rotate for comfort. These are more of an easy fill-it-and-go system than a cartotank, so if you prefer easy over slightly more flavor, give them a shot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12