Kanger Pro Tank VS Smoketec Dual Coil Tank
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Kanger Pro Tank VS Smoketec Dual Coil Tank

Full Member ECF Veteran JellieBean's Avatar

Default Kanger Pro Tank VS Smoketec Dual Coil Tank

Im starting to not like my vivi nova cause of the dry hits i get... So im shopping around for a better tank and i found these at VaporKings.Com. Which one is better in your opinion?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Comparing apples to oranges.

Protank - Bottom Coil Clearomizer
    DTC - Cartomizer Tank

DTC will provide a warmer vape but will be more expensive to use over time.

Dry hits are usually from running the Vivi low and not tipping sufficiently to keep the wick saturated.
    Smoke free since 08/06/12 for my loving Wife, our Children and Grand Children
    Someone has to pay the bills - lol

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Protank is a bottom coil clearo, the DCT is a carto-tank.

Different fish...

Do you "twirl" your Nova when the juice gets low? That's a common complaint about top coil devices, and the horizontal twirl rewets the wicks.

Bottom coils don't have that problem, since, well, gravity is a law that's hard to break!

Carto tanks are great - but you do have to make sure you properly set them up to start. And get a tank refilling tool for ease of refilling.

I use and like both. Depends on what juice, what battery. (I also use T3s, Evods and even CE5 styles, which I actually prefer over the Novas - they're a bit lighter on my smaller batteries.)

Full Member ECF Veteran JellieBean's Avatar

The flavor is not their for me on vivi nova, even change a new head. I am using a ego twist. I think ill just get both to try it out. Even though i like cartomizers better cause of the throat hit.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Just got both. Actually like them both.

Tried a Vivi Nova, thought it was pretty bad. Been using iClear 30s but they seem to burn out fairly quickly. Thinking about trying the Protank.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

i got the smoktech pyrex dcc and i have nothing but bad things to say. first, it gurgles way too often. and it's not just moderate gurgle, these are gurgles where you are drinking the juice literally. also, way too little vape on these, not to mention, it's cooler vape than bccs!
    fyi, i have the boge f16 cartomizers 1.5ohm 2-holes.

in my experience, evod generally give the best vape for bccs. and protanks are only good for certain juices, probably because it's airy.

ECF Veteran

the dc taste good, but I flooded my carto before I go to enjoy it waiting on the new ones to come in and hope I can get them to work. also have to inhale a long time to produce vape even close to what my vaporking clearmizers make. So far not to impressed

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Blog Entries

I have both and prefer my protank with an Evod head to it.
    DPLongo22 and aussiedog61 like this.

Full Member Verified Member

From my experience I've used cartos, CE Clearomizers, DCT, and Protank. When I first started vaping used Smok LR cartos and that was fine except having to drip every few hrs. I wanted a tank I could fill and use for at least a day. Clearomizers didn't work well with my EGO, so I stopped buying those. That's when I switched to a VV device and a DCT.

The DCT dual-coil didn't produce vapor, dry hits, and flooding. I hated it. So I picked up some Boge LR XL cartos and a carto punch and it works like it should. I go through a carto every 10ml of juice. I could push them further but a new carto just gives a more satisfying vape. DCTs (cartotanks) are tricky to get working properly. But once you find the right carto to use, then it's smooth sailing from there.

On the other hand I also own a Protank. Like others mentioned. It's got an airy draw, and it's a cooler vape. But with thicker juice and removing 1 of the 3 wicks, I get satisfying flavor and vapor, if anything I can taste my juice better than the carto tank. Plus it's a breeze to get going and it's been 10 days and I'm on the same coil. The only downside is it's pretty ugly. The chrome look and huge top gets old.

I say try one for a couple weeks then try the other. Out of simplicity get the Protank. Another suggestion if you have like $40 to spend, skip the DCT and get a glass tank and box of Smok or Boge LR cartos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast