My first carto-tank - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: My first carto-tank

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Or you could try the 'hmmm, I wonder what these two juices would taste like together?' method. (You got chocolate in my peanut butter.)
    DancingHeretik and Ottotek like this.

ECF Veteran

Sounds like we need to start a thread of the most useless vaping toys we ever ended up with.

Mystagogue Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonJack View Post
    Ah. Yeah. Sounds like work. Multipacks of cartos it is then.
    At the price, I just keep filling the tank with the same flavor until the carto dies, then throw the carto away. If something gets in the polyfill that tastes weird, you'll never get it out.
    ProVarinati Princess ~ Infanta del Phidiae-Reo ~ Baroness Boboni of Sigeleiland
    CASAA Member

ProVari/Rüzgar ~ Reo/RM2 ~ bOd Mecha/KFL+ ~ Gus Kiss Qorax Edition/iTaste VF

Full Member Verified Member Ottotek's Avatar

Yup, I tried the boiling thing once. Too much hassle, and I can afford $2 cartos every 2 weeks or so. I just need to find a constructive use for used carto's. necklaces? Pot Pourri? Yew!
    Sed Contra likes this.

Ursus Praedonum Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Can anyone recommend an affordable carto, pre-punched preferably? I mostly use 50/50 juice.

Mystagogue Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Can anyone recommend an affordable carto, pre-punched preferably? I mostly use 50/50 juice.
    Is it a standard size or an XL? And does it require a flange (is concave at the bottom for a flange to fit into)?
    ProVarinati Princess ~ Infanta del Phidiae-Reo ~ Baroness Boboni of Sigeleiland
    CASAA Member

ProVari/Rüzgar ~ Reo/RM2 ~ bOd Mecha/KFL+ ~ Gus Kiss Qorax Edition/iTaste VF

ECF Veteran

I buy mine (Boges) from Vermillion River.

Ursus Praedonum Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Ocelot View Post
    Is it a standard size or an XL? And does it require a flange (is concave at the bottom for a flange to fit into)?
    It does have a flange, and I'm pretty sure it's an XL.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Cavediver View Post
    I think you've about got me convinced to give them a try. I'm still trying to figure out the different carto brands and types, but I'm sure I'll have that nailed down in the next few days. One question: flanged or no?

About the tank tools, does the IBTanked version work well enough, or should I buck up and get the Slap yo mama?
    I've never tried the Slap Yo' Momma tool, but the IBTanked tool works fine for me. Attach it to the carto, push the carto about halfway down in the tank, fill with juice from the top, push carto back up into place. Done in about 1 minute. Much easier and faster (and less messy) than the Smoktech tank tool I previously used on my Pyrex DCTs.

I use flanged cartos on my IBTanked tanks. I just order the Smoktech 3.2 ohm single-coil pre-punched cartos from them. They offer a discount if you buy over 10 cartos (which I always do), so it comes out to $1.35 per carto.

Carto tanks take a bit more setup than a clearo (i.e., properly priming the carto), but once that's done they're very simple - refill liquid when it's getting low, change cartos when they go bad. IBTanked's "thingy" even takes the hassle out of priming cartos - put the carto in the tank, fill the tank with juice, put the tank inside the "thingy" and twist the thingy's lid open/closed about 20-25 times. Your carto is now fully primed and ready for use. Top the tank off, put it on your PV and vape away.

Blog Entries

My first carto-tank-tank-lengths.jpg

Use the above graphic to know what cartomizer brand to use, and what length of cartomizer, depending upon the length of tank you get.

Here's a huge list of online vendors that sell pre-punched cartomizers. I include which brand and other options offered that each vendor sells with direct links. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...artotanks.html

And here is my cartotank setup guide: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ank-setup.html

The IBTanked pyrex cartotanks are an ideal tank for new and veteran users alike. A complete tank kit can be purchased between $25 -$30 depending upon the size of the tank. There are of course less expensive tanks on the market, but I'm a firm believer that you generally get exactly what you pay for. Paying a few more dollars can help ensure a more satisfying first tank experience. Here's a review of the IBTanked:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ks-review.html

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast