So what Tank System is your fav
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: So what Tank System is your fav

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default So what Tank System is your fav

So I have an iclear 30 and ProTank2 and for a little bit they vaped great but have just ran into to many issues. Iclear is constantly flooding, PT2 floods or doesnt vape too good, so my question is what is everyone's favorite, and I assume if it's your favorite then it's considered your own personal best. I want to dive into this whole carto tank thing but there are tons of options so what do you use. Pics, links, anything to help me and anyone else that is in the same situation. The thing I don't understand is a lot of people swear by the 2 tanks that I already have and they almost seem.like too much trouble at times. I understand that somethings you just have to tinker with but man there are days I just want to relax and just vape, and if my only option is having to constantly tinker with stuff to vape then I guess I'm stuck because I don't ever plan on going back to cigarettes. So any info is appreciated......

Things I own as of right now

Zmax Mini
    Halo Triton Kit
    MVP 2.0
    Mechanical Mod

PT2
    Iclear 30
    IGO-W
    AGA-T 2
    The Rocket
    Trident Clone

Just thought I'd give you people a little extra info what I own
    DetraMental likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have never understood why people rave about crap that you constantly fiddling with to keep working, it started with the 510 ecig. The 510 sucked, I had an 801 and never had the problems they did with the 510, and mine held more liquid and had a bigger batt.

I'm the same today, I vape to stay off analogs, not to fiddle all the time or blow massive clouds, so for the last year and a half I've been using carto tanks. I used the Smok Tech DCT's with Smok Tech cartos, never had one short out or burn, they just plug up about every two to three weeks and I replace them.

I use the 2 hole, single coil at 1.7 ohms on a mech mod and it works great for me, and one batt lasts all day. I get my stuff from Hoosier Ecigs and if their out, next is SmokTek.com and then MadVapes, and have had no trouble with them. You'll want to read through this to help you get started: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...tup-guide.html
    Talyon likes this.
    Smoke Free Since September 9, 2009

Vape 4 Life Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I use the UDCT Carto tank, works great, my iclear30's also work great and my pt2's. No fiddling whatsoever.

My Octopus love it as well. My AGT is finicky but that's ok.

Vivi Novas work good and have a place in my rotation.

And my 5ml Smok carto's, big and ugly but Vape Fine.

Vapeing for Freedom

ECF Veteran

Can you guys post some pics if possible

Super Member ECF Veteran Amish Ed's Avatar

I have a couple RDAs, but my 5 carto tanks from IBTanked get used most. With carto tanks once you have it set up right there is no fiddling. Just change the carto when it goes bad and you're off and running again. If you get a refilling tip or tank tool like the Slap Yo Mama you'll save your orings and refilling will be as fast as with any clearo. The Slap Yo Mama has the added benefit of enabling you to switch cartos without emptying your tank first.

Here's a 19mm IBTanked with an IBTipsy driptip.
    So what Tank System is your fav-19mm_ibt.jpg

Smoktech UDCT. Pretty exclusive for about a month. I like that it locks in with the flanged cartos. Slap yo mama tool makes it so much easier to fill. Great begginer tank I think since I'm a beginner.

ECF Veteran

How long do cartos usually last

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I still think a good ole boge in a nice pyrex tank on a VV or VW device cant be beaten for consistency and on the go vaping. Dont let anyone say you cant get massive clouds. Myself and others Ive hung out can blow giant , face disappearing clouds on a kicked device, like the Saber Touch.

Now if you have certain needs such as loving NET tobaccos that clog cartos, making it that I need to go thru 2-5 cartos a day, then I have to say Either my Odysseus or Kayfun are there for me. With my NETs I have to soak and dry burn the coil after 4ml but its cheaper than the money I was spending on boges.

Its all a matter of need and money. Yes the Odysseus and Kayfun have to be "built" the fiddle factor is rather low, easier than fiddling with a Vivi Nova and do not leak.

Odysseus

Kayfun lite

Boge in a Pyrex IBTank

Boge in a Kir Fanis Tank
    Last edited by anavidfan; 11-01-2013 at 10:43 PM.
    Translations likes this.
    "me, I'm on the side of the Angels............ but the Devil is my best friend"

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Cartomizer life all depends on how many ml run through them and the flavor and type of juice. I use mostly Naturally Extracted Tobacco so they are notoriously known for gunking up real fast. If you like real sweet flavours, that also cuts the life of a carto.

Its hard to gauge life on days as people consider using 3ml a day a LOT while others can make those 3mls go for days. Im my case it is not unheard of going through 6 to 12 mls. I stay at 12mg to 4mg of nice depending on time of the day.

I like threads like this, because its not about what you use, or how much it costs, or rarity of what you carry, its all about not smoking cigarettes. People tend to push their preferences regardless of someones experience or needs. No one quitting smoking needs to be jumping into a rebuild able anything, our nerves are on edge already and add learning how to take an atomizer apart, put it together, make the coils, worry about OHm/ resistance, wires, wicking material , air intake, flooding, dry hits, etc.
    Last edited by anavidfan; 11-01-2013 at 10:52 PM.
    Paul.K likes this.
    "me, I'm on the side of the Angels............ but the Devil is my best friend"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast