Diacetyl in E-liquid
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diacetyl in E-liquid

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Diacetyl in E-liquid

Geoff

Is there any diacetyl in any of your e-liquid or flavors you use to make your e-liquid?

Thanks in advance.

This has been asked before. I found it using search. See this thread: diacetyl

ECF Veteran

Geoff

Can you sticky the diacetyl thread so no one asked the same question again two months down the road?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

This post should actually NOT read Diacetyl in E-Liquid if you post this on MY forum otherwise you may stir up some very UNDUE fear about our product.

Some of these flavor vendors and e-liquid vendors DO use flavors that do in fact contain diacetyl.

HOWEVER. NOT US!!!

NONE OF THE FLAVORS THAT TASTY VAPOR PURCHASES, CARRIES OR USES CONTAINS DIACETYL!!!!

We use three vendors for our flavorings. I have worked at great length with Linda from Perfumer's Apprentice in not only developing new flavors, fine tuning other flavors, but submitting samples from other vendors for chemical analysis. Some of the chemical analysis came back that some flavorings DID in fact contain diacetyl, that vendor (who will not be named) was contacted and the diacetyl was substituted for one of the many type of "pyrazine" additives which accomplish the same flavor without the risk of harm due to inhalation.

Tasty Vapor has not purchased any of these flavorings for company use until the diacetyl issue was resolved.

Of the three vendors that Tasty Vapor uses, NONE contain diacetyl. And this should put and end to this scare mongering immediately.

Please keep in mind, diacetyl is NOT a poison, it, like many other additives is just an additive. Ingested directly, it has no affect at all, however, when it is inhaled in certain quantities over extended periods of time can lead to 1. Peribronchial Lymphcytic Inflamation (or obliterative bronchitis), so yes, we understand completely the need to carry flavorings that do not contain diacetyl, as such, NOTHING WE SELL CONTAINS DIACETYL.

If there is any other possible way that I can spell this out if the point was still misunderstood, please let me know. I'm sorry if I come off a little tiffed, but we care, we care probably more than you will ever understand, just how passionate we are about what we do and how it has affected people's lives in so many positive ways. Jeopardizing this, is just not in our interest.
    Last edited by Mr. Tasty Vapor; 10-18-2010 at 06:29 AM.

DC2
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I'm retracting this post.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Geoff neglected to mention that his liquids also do not contain any tar, carbon monoxide, arsenic, cyanide, benzene, formaldehyde, methanol, acetylene, ammonia, lead, or the hundreds of other toxic substances that all or most of his customers formerly inhaled constantly on a daily basis, without hardly batting an eye.

Let's keep things in perspective, folks!

RadicalJD

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by radicaljd View Post
    Geoff neglected to mention that his liquids also do not contain any tar, carbon monoxide, arsenic, cyanide, benzene, formaldehyde, methanol, acetylene, ammonia, lead, or the hundreds of other toxic substances that all or most of his customers formerly inhaled constantly on a daily basis, without hardly batting an eye.

RadicalJD
    It was a simple question so I can make an informed decision about where I buy my e-liquid. That's it period. I've purchased plenty from TV and will continue to do so.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by radicaljd View Post

RadicalJD
    I agree whole heartedly. While I do understand the concern, I do love my customers, even the quirky ones, I also can't help but chuckle at the lot of you as well as myself for the sporadically OVER THE TOP CHEMICALLY CONSCIOUS behavior of people who were all not that long ago willing to shill out a daily penance for an assured death from cancerous substances.

However, this overcompensatory behavior is not unheard of in psychological circles of those who are merely switching from one extreme to another.

From a logical perspective, it all seems absurd and phony. But then again, this world isn't ran on large quantities of logic, so I'll shut up with that and just keep doing what I'm doing.

ROFL

(one thing you'll have to learn about me, is if I disallowed myself the capacity to be cynical and sarcastic, I'd probably shrivel up and die)
    Last edited by Mr. Tasty Vapor; 10-14-2010 at 09:05 AM.

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Very glad to read this, as I am vaping my delicious TV Waffle, my all day vape. Thanks for caring Geoff.

Bird Brain Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tasty Vapor View Post
    I also can't help but chuckle at the lot of you as well as myself for the sporadically OVER THE TOP CHEMICALLY CONSCIOUS behavior of people who were all not that long ago willing to shill out a daily penance for an assured death from cancerous substances.
    Ah, but if we could have found something to satisfy our addictions without those substances, we wouldn't have continued shilling out for them. And we did find that elusive something. And we have stopped buying cigarettes as a result. That's why we're here.

Anyway, I like the information in your post above.
    ~ You are aware of the risks.
    ~ You had the ingredients you use tested by an independent chemist.
    ~ You therefore know that none of your e-liquids contain diacetyl.
    Juice: Deejstuff
    Equipment: eGos, EVODs, Vivi Novas, V3s

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast