Geoff, how about offering luer lock bottle tops with dulled syringe needle and caps?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geoff, how about offering luer lock bottle tops with dulled syringe needle and caps?

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Geoff, how about offering luer lock bottle tops with dulled syringe needle and caps?

It'd be cool if you could offer luer lock bottle tops with dulled syringe needle and caps for your regular bottles and the 15mL bottles, heck even the 6mL bottles. These are so super handy to fill everything with.

Bird Brain Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

If your bottles have 15-415or 20-410 necks, you can buy luer-lock caps here (you supply the needles.) They're cheap, too. I got luer-lock needles from Amazon a while ago (but I don't use them.)
    Juice: Deejstuff
    Equipment: eGos, EVODs, Vivi Novas, V3s

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Thank you Poeia. I did manage to find a vendor who would sell me just the tops, caps, and blunted needles in a 10 pack. I didn't want to pay for the bottles as well because I have a bunch of them already. Just the normal 15mL bottles you see like Geoff carries. I don't know the technical term for the neck size like you mentioned above.

Best,
    scott

Bird Brain Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

The size refers to the threading. If they don't match exactly they might fit pretty well but you will get some leakage.

I've been to so many bottle sites, I'm learning. I adore the hardness of TV's bottles and the pointed dripper tips but I really want 15ml bottles for carrying around.

I'd love flat-ish (oval) ones but the only ones in HDPE (the less squishy plastic) that I could find was with a vendor who sells a minimum of 5,000. I'll probably go through a couple of dozen a year so I don't think I need quite so many. So, if I'm going to compromise and get round instead of flat, then I definitely want the good drippers but nobody carries them. And I mean nobody. (There was an ebay source that carried the bigger ones but they don't even have them any longer. I think Geoff is performing black magic in his basement to get those.)
    Last edited by Poeia; 03-26-2011 at 09:00 AM.
    Juice: Deejstuff
    Equipment: eGos, EVODs, Vivi Novas, V3s

Super Member ECF Veteran them0nk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by siouxsie View Post
    Thank you Poeia. I did manage to find a vendor who would sell me just the tops, caps, and blunted needles in a 10 pack. I didn't want to pay for the bottles as well because I have a bunch of them already. Just the normal 15mL bottles you see like Geoff carries. I don't know the technical term for the neck size like you mentioned above.

Best,
    scott

where?

that PAC place wants like 20 dollars shipping on 5 dollars ...

i'm looking for the bottles though as well... i'd like 1-2 oz oval bottles to be specific... PAC has them but of course the shipping is outrageous...

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

My answer is no. And we've already looked into these and other needled bottles. While they work GREAT for their intended purpose, being oiling gun parts, we found that these needles plug up easily, asking for a larger gauge needles always incurs additional costs, and we've never found ANYBODY that offered a reasonable wholesale price. They're just too damned expensive.

And one of the main points of our liquids is price. We want to keep that down.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Plus blind idiot's like myself might poke their eye out!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Seriously though.. We'd have to toss that cost onto our product, which would make a lot of people, VERY despondent about ordering. Those thangs aren't cheap.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

For what it's worth, my initial inquiry months ago was not to put the existing liquids in them, but to offer them separately in your misc. section. Probably best left to hardware vendors though.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Yeah Siouxsie, this was also a consideration of both myself and talking with Michael at DigitalCiggz. We both found that the needles plug up easily. Whether we're putting our liquid in them, or your putting YOUR liquid in them. The fact that they plug up easily is usually enough to initiate a plethora of complaints from customers that the items are doing what we already KNOW they do if we decided to sell them on our sites.

The logical conclusion is not to offer them and save ourselves the burden of grief that we already KNOW will happen if we offer them.

Because in the end, we know about the problem, and our customers won't blame the product for not working, they'll blame US for the product not working.
    Last edited by Mr. Tasty Vapor; 10-19-2011 at 08:01 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast