Something Wrong ??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Something Wrong ??

  1. #1
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sandiej02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California Coast
    Posts
    4,617

    Default Something Wrong ??



    I've been vaping for nearly two years now ... and for the past six months been DIY for most of my juice. I read in the forum about TV Doublers, and was very excited to try these out (figuring they'd have a customer for life with me, after all the good reviews).

    I ordered two doublers to start - Peanut Butter Cookie, and a Cupcake with Caramel and PB (both with "strong" flavor).

    "Long story short" ... these have absolutely NO taste. After steeping for nearly a month, they are still almost completely a clear color, have virtually no smell, and no taste. It's like there's nothing there.

    I'm thinking something must be wrong - perhaps they made an error in making them?? I've never had such weak "juice" before (nic or not) ... ever.

    Has anyone else experienced this? Is this "normal" for Doublers ... can't be, can it?

    I did contact customer service, and all they recommended was that I buy more - a different juice (like butter rum) that has more flavor ... that was it.

    Last tc 09/15/14

  2. #2
    Full Member ECF Veteran scross1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Strange. I've ordered more than 30 times and never had a problem. Of course, some flavors are stronger than others but no smell.....I can't explain that. I would add more flavoring to bring the taste to my standards. You might discover a new delicious combination. BTW....I only vape the 4 oz doublers.

  3. #3
    My 0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    zoiDman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Local Group - Earth
    Posts
    18,209

    Default

    Strange...

    I've done Many Doubler Purchases from TV. Lately some Tastyfinger and some Praline & Crème.

    Everything is Always the Same. Tasty.

  4. #4
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sandiej02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California Coast
    Posts
    4,617

    Default



    Thanks for the replies ... appreciated.

    That's why I was excited about trying the Doublers ... because of the positive reviews I read.

    However, these two have NO taste or smell. That's why I thought "something has to be wrong".

    Since I haven't had a response or help from Tasty Vapors (other than telling me to buy something else) ... I think my only option is to mix some of my "own" flavoring to it (so it will have some taste!).

    Again ... thanks for the replies.

    I needed to see if this was the "norm" for the Doublers - guess it isn't. So, that tells me they just mixed mine wrong.


    (I am disappointed that instead of helping - they only said to "order more").
    Last edited by Sandiej02; 02-09-2013 at 01:15 AM.

    Last tc 09/15/14

  5. 02-14-2013, 07:07 PM

    Ultra Member


  6. #5
    My 0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    zoiDman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Local Group - Earth
    Posts
    18,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandiej02 View Post
    ...

    I did contact customer service, and all they recommended was that I buy more - a different juice (like butter rum) that has more flavor ... that was it.
    Just curious if things got Resolved?

  7. #6
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sandiej02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California Coast
    Posts
    4,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zoiDman View Post
    Just curious if things got Resolved?
    No ... never heard anything else from TV or customer service.

    (This post wasn't intended to put TV down ... just wanted to see if anyone else had this
    problem with the Doublers. I've been vaping a long time, and have never had juice before this weak.
    Just very disappointed they didn't offer to replace them.)

    Last tc 09/15/14

  8. #7
    Senior Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NE Pennsylvania
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Hmmmm... I musta ordered 15 or so juices from TV... always the doublers... and never had a problem with no taste or no smell.

    Is it possible doing your DIY you were mixing real strong and got used to really strong flavors?

    Hmmm... being you are there on the CA Coast.... what you can do if you want... next time up in the Bay Area... take em over to the TV store there and have em try them out and see what they think.

    I guess it is possible they screwed up your order... somehow the flavoring never got mixed in... but I would think Geoff would get you a new order if he knew there was a problem.

  9. #8
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sandiej02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California Coast
    Posts
    4,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaratoughda View Post
    Hmmmm... I musta ordered 15 or so juices from TV... always the doublers... and never had a problem with no taste or no smell.

    Is it possible doing your DIY you were mixing real strong and got used to really strong flavors?

    Hmmm... being you are there on the CA Coast.... what you can do if you want... next time up in the Bay Area... take em over to the TV store there and have em try them out and see what they think.

    I guess it is possible they screwed up your order... somehow the flavoring never got mixed in... but I would think Geoff would get you a new order if he knew there was a problem.
    Thanks for your reply.

    No, it's not that I'm used to really strong flavors (although that's how I like them). I've bought plenty of juice, and have had both strong and weak juice. I've had juice I like, and juice I don't like. I also know that "taste is subjective". However, there has to be "some taste" in order to "like or dislike" something.

    I haven't mixed these with anything of mine yet ... no reason to ... no flavor (or smell) at all. If I added these to anything, it would only "take flavor away" - it would be like adding nothing but pg & vg.

    I don't go to the Bay Area often. And as far as Geoff sending me a new order if he knew there was a problem ... that's what I was "hoping" would happen - but "nope".

    I'm sure he knows about this - and I already contacted Customer Service. Also, I'm sure he reads his own forum ("Mr Tasty Vapor" actually deleted one comment from this thread ... so he "knows").

    One thing I'm certain of ... the more people that say that "Tasty Vapor is tasty" ... the more I know something was wrong with my order. Someone mixed it wrong - no other explanation I can think of!

    Now my question is ... WHY DON'T THEY MAKE THIS RIGHT?

    Last tc 09/15/14

  10. #9
    Super Member ECF Veteran MsOceanCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    980

    Default

    Just to add another line of thought to your problem....I know exactly what you're talking about. I had the same experience with a different vendor(Vapor Renu). The liquid I got had no color, taste or smell but stellar reviews from lots of people. I thought they did something wrong or accidently sent me straight PG. They sent 2 replacements and I got the same results. Then, they sent a few bottles of their flavoring concentrate, thinking I just wanted something stronger, but no dice with those either. After being thoroughly frustrated, a fellow ECF'er told me that I'm probably lacking the right taste bud receptors to taste the juice. I didn't really buy that, at first, but researched it and came to the conclusion that it is true. Now, I have learned to ask vendors what flavoring company they use in their mix. I thank the Heavens that I can taste and fully appreciate Tasty Vapor's juice!!!

    Analog free since August 24, 2010

  11. #10
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sandiej02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California Coast
    Posts
    4,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MsOceanCity View Post
    Just to add another line of thought to your problem....I know exactly what you're talking about. I had the same experience with a different vendor(Vapor Renu). The liquid I got had no color, taste or smell but stellar reviews from lots of people. I thought they did something wrong or accidently sent me straight PG. They sent 2 replacements and I got the same results. Then, they sent a few bottles of their flavoring concentrate, thinking I just wanted something stronger, but no dice with those either. After being thoroughly frustrated, a fellow ECF'er told me that I'm probably lacking the right taste bud receptors to taste the juice. I didn't really buy that, at first, but researched it and came to the conclusion that it is true. Now, I have learned to ask vendors what flavoring company they use in their mix. I thank the Heavens that I can taste and fully appreciate Tasty Vapor's juice!!!
    Interesting thought MsOceanCity ... and thanks for your reply.

    I really don't think that's the issue, as I've been buying juice for two years and haven't had this problem before. Yes, I've bought "weak" juice before, and like I said - juice I didn't like ... but could taste each to some degree. These, I can't.

    It would be great if TV would either send replacements; or at least, their flavor concentrates to add, like you mentioned. I'd be happy with that. At least I'd feel they were trying to fix this.

    Last tc 09/15/14

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks