Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Identity theft exposure!

Senior Member ECF Veteran Quexos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by proxy View Post
    ...the inconsistency of flavor, and the turn around time for online orders...
    Yeah, there is that too. After trying Pina Colada and loving it, I had about $45 worth of Pina Colada + Doubler shipped to me that turned out had no flavor at all. Sadly I had already mixed it with the first batch that was good, and ruined it all ($60 worth ruined). Tasted like straight up steam. In a nutshell I was told one of the mixers had made a bad batch or two, but NOTHING was done or offered to compensate me for my $45 worth of 'steam juice'.

Seems this is still a problem a year or two on. Doublers tastes weaker than ones with nic
    Last edited by Quexos; 08-14-2013 at 07:23 PM.

Full Member Verified Member

I don't have much of a problem with it personally. Seems like everyone wants the last 4 of my SS#. Phone, electric bank and PayPal all have it on file. The odds that it will be "snatched" the ONE time it has to be used are remote, IMO.

The problem is that it is being sent to a third party, to store who knows where, for who knows how long, to be accessed either intentionally or maliciously by who knows who. Perhaps even sold for profit and evil deeds. You give it once and you may be granting infinite access to it.

Full Member Verified Member

It is doubtful that Tasty Vapor would parter with some nefarious entity. As a business that wants repeat customers, it wouldn't make sense. My guess is they would be looking out for our best interests when partnering with a company, just like the one that collected my payment (merchant account). I guess I will take my chances...to each his own.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran destiny's Avatar

Okay, so no other vendor that I deal with is asking for this information, but Tasty Vapor is! This is just not good!! I would imagine they will loose a lot of long time customers. Just not a good feeling from this.

And this surely won't gain them new customers.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran destiny's Avatar

Okay, so I just tried to re-order some juice and saw this new ss number verification thing. I didn't like it, but wanted some juice! So, against my better judgement, I put my number and like someone else, was denied. It offered the option of doing it 'manually" what ever that means, but when I clicked on that, it said that it would not be a "secure" page. I thought HECK NO! and got out of there!

Geez, I didn't expect to have such problems ordering from my favorite vendor. It just seems really weird that no other vendor I use is doing this. Just don't get a good feeling with this.

Are we really going to have to give up Tasty Vapor Juice? Geez

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Read your SS card it clearly states not to be used for identification

Senior Member Verified Member

Its terrible isint it? in a world so stricken by this stuff that we cant even give a number.. *sighs softly*

I attempted to order from them online until i saw this SSN requirement. I too said, 'Hell NO!' I gave them a call and told them that this an issue for many people. I was able to complete my order through phone but I hope they address this issue soon.

Screw that!! They are up to no good, you wont see me anywhere near that site, and i bet they will be shut down inside of 3mnths.
    I would rather go to the smoke shop in town and get the crappy overpriced crownseven liquid

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast