Page 526 of 543 FirstFirst ... 26426476516522523524525526527528529530536 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,260 of 5422
Like Tree7862Likes

Thread: Help fight cancer with F@H! join team ECF today!!!!!!

CASAA Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

Being the electrical kind of guy I am I keep track of my electrical usage in a spreadsheet. I heat the house with gas so my electrical average per day kwhr usage should be about the same as last year. The only thing that's changed since January 2013 is folding. Having just compared January 2013 billing cycle's usage to last month, folding's costing me about $1.62 a day.

I don't track natural gas usage like I do electrical usage but I hang on to my bills if get anal enough to go back and compare. But at any rate I'm pretty sure some my $1.62 a day has been offset by the heat generated by my folding gear!

8¢ per is pretty cheap for residential rates if you're factoring in taxes and everything else.
    Bovinia likes this.

Divine Bovine Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

Ours is very close to .13 by the time you add in the tariffs, .09 for just the juice before everything else is added in

If today I can touch someone's life with kindness, my day has been a success.

ECF Veteran

My price per factors in all taxes and misc. fees. What I end up paying is how much it costs!
    Bovinia likes this.

Genesis Advocate Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Yeah, well I'm moving in April, closer to work. Another suburb. I'm sure there will be higher costs than I'm paying now. The HVAC is just like the hotel ones.
    Bovinia likes this.
    The One & Only... The Original... The Nach™

Divine Bovine Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

At least your commute will be shorter.

If today I can touch someone's life with kindness, my day has been a success.

Registered Supplier Team ECF (folding@home) powerband's Avatar

Is there a team password?
    Bovinia likes this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by powerband View Post
    Is there a team password?
    Look here for how to obtain a passkey: https://folding.stanford.edu/home/fa...passkey/#ntoc3

Remember to configure your setup with team # 223274 - that is Team ECF.
    Bovinia likes this.

Polymath Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    Supporting Member

If anyone else is using this on Ubuntu, I'd really appreciate some help PM'ed to me on how to set this up. I've been reading all over the website and I've had no luck. When I first installed it, I had the configuration popup, which I ended up configuring wrong I think, then I un-installed it and re-installed it but now I'm not getting the configuration page pop up. This is probably a lot easier on Windows since more effort has probably gone there to making it user friendly.

I'd be more than happy to take part in this if I could get it setup though.
    Bovinia likes this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Arch View Post
    If anyone else is using this on Ubuntu, I'd really appreciate some help PM'ed to me on how to set this up. I've been reading all over the website and I've had no luck. When I first installed it, I had the configuration popup, which I ended up configuring wrong I think, then I un-installed it and re-installed it but now I'm not getting the configuration page pop up. This is probably a lot easier on Windows since more effort has probably gone there to making it user friendly.

I'd be more than happy to take part in this if I could get it setup though.
    I've got the folding software running on Ubuntu 12.04 on one machine though it's been a little while since I configured it. It's not the snap installation that it is under Windows. Read this: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FoldingAtHome for some tips.
    Bovinia likes this.

Polymath Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by irwink View Post
    I've got the folding software running on Ubuntu 12.04 on one machine though it's been a little while since I configured it. It's not the snap installation that it is under Windows. Read this: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FoldingAtHome for some tips.
    Yeah, I got it to work and it's running in the background now. How will I know when I successfully fold one unit and how will I be able to prove it to gain the user title? I'm using the passkey I received via E-mail, our team number and my forum username so I'm assuming I'm doing it right.
    Bovinia likes this.