Welcome to Tejas Vapin - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Welcome to Tejas Vapin

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran butterbean03's Avatar

It is cool to hear about all of the different backgrounds and the different places people have lived and how they ended up in Texas. We welcome you and the thing we have in common (smoking). Well, maybe we can all meet each other one day, despite the odds of that happening. I do live next to a large girl scout camp with bunkhouses and will see what I can do to get us all together in one place for a day or two to share stories of our committment to reduce the harmful effect cigarettes have on our body. It would be fun.
    Don
    P.S. If you like the avatar, I can print some up and send them out. Let me know, because we just threw these together in about 20 minutes.

Full Member ECF Veteran gryffandor's Avatar

Hi, my name is Steve. Living in Dallas since 76, a transplanted New Yorker. I might be the "Old Man" of the group at 62. Retired early & spend most of my time with hobbies & caring for my wife who is a bit disabled. I was a Sr. Systems Analyst for 40 years & still spend a lot of time messing with computers. I started vaping last Nov. & have not had an analog since. Not bad for a long time pack a day smoker. I currently have a variety of 901s, 801s, 401s, & e-cigars with around 20 flavors of juice. My COPD has decreased to the point I am off all meds for the last 2 months Look forward to meeting some other locals & perhaps swapping some flavors.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by gryffandor View Post
    My COPD has decreased to the point I am off all meds for the last 2 months...
    Hi Steve and welcome to Tejas Vapin'

I absolutely love hearing stories where the ecig has had a positive effect on one's health. I too have had some positive results. No more BP meds for me!

gep
    Moved On

I'm a displaced denizen of the DFW metroplex. When the dot com bust hit....we hit the road for Alabama. North Alabama is beautiful and all, but it's not home.

I'm feeling really lazy so here's an excerpt from my very first post on the boards way back when:
    Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    ...*coming out of lurker mode*

I just got back from doing a pulmonary function test at my doc's office. My FEV(Forced Expiratory Volume) increased from 49 to 64. (I have asthma ). There were other numbers but this is the one I remember. I've been smoking for 36 years. (I started at 12, you can do the math. I hate writing my age .)......
    gep

*shields up*
    I actually smoked my last analog on Nov 8th and began a two day drive to New Braunfels to visit my ailing sister. I've been a dedicated vaper ever since. My asthma has continued to improve. (I don't use a rescue inhaler very often at all, not even on exertion (been riding my bicycle since it has warmed up a bit and not getting as winded...nice).

Sorry I've got the "Youtube Link" compulsion today. Guess I need to sign off for a while. LOL

YouTube - Boogie Back To Texas

PS: I know that stretch of 30 into downtown from Mesquite like the back of my hand.....HATE IT!
    Last edited by gep; 04-04-2009 at 07:47 PM.

Wow, put a girl on the spot. heh. Thanks for the invite to the group!
    I grew up in Pasadena TX and have lived in Livingston, Blanchard, Onalaska, Deer Park, Clear Lake, and now Southbelt Area of Houston near Hobby airport. I have 2 kids, 17 year old stepson and a 2 year old little girl. I work for Dish Network answering phones for tech support. I started smoking at 19, and have managed to quit 4 times, but every time I got around someone who smoked, there goes the urge and it was over. My mother was the biggest culprit in the failed quitting.
    I did however have a strong urge to quit, as we just lost my grandmother to copd and emphesema.
    My other half and I started vaping on tuesday. He refuses to go back to analogs, I have had 1 a day since because I cannot seem to break that "I have to have one right before bed" ritual. I never realized how strong the little smoker's rituals can be. I will admit, they taste downright nasty to me now, and I'm not even smoking half of it. I'm going to try vaping instead tonight...wish me luck.
    Now...to convince my mother to try this.
    I'm using a 901 and he's using an evo. I ordered a hybrid from pure smoker and am eagerly awaiting its arrival.
    Looking for inside the US options for flavorless nic liquid if anyone has any suggestions.

Ps...loved the video gep.

My name is Mike. I'm new to vaping - ordered an npro from amazon before I found this site. Juries still out on a complete move away from analogs. Vaping is ok while at work or driving (I roll my own) but I haven't given up tobacco yet. Maybe I need to try another device. Suggestions and advice are always welcome.
    Thanks
    Mike

BT3

Howdy all. Tom here.

Wouldn't even let me post in the other thread. (D-Struct: that was a good one. Had me in stitches for minutes.)

San Antone native transplanted to Dallas for the past few years.

Yesterday was 2 weeks for me. Ordered my first one from Puresmoker on that first big Friday rush he had. Went out Saturday and got the NPro cause I didn't want to wait for it to get started. Have two more 401 kits on the way (the black/gold and mahogany) along with a JC starter kit.

I been smokin' since they were $0.26 a pack. That'll give some of ya'll a little perspective. Not sure if I'll give up tobacco completely yet (although that's the goal). Have only smoked 3 1/2 packs in the last 2 weeks vs my almost 2 packs a day. Have had a couple of one cig days also. So, maybe. Had one in the car yesterday and got back in it a couple of hours later. Sure did smell awful nasty.

It was really great earlier last week sitting in the waiting room of a hospital for 4 hours with my 401 while my wife was in surgery and not having to worry about running outside while I was there.

And yeah, that stretch of 30 to Mesquite is a pita. I drive it everyday.

(Some of ya'll will recognize the Maverick avie.)

PV Master ECF Veteran Jim Davis's Avatar

Hi cwood;

I'm on the West side. Westheimer & TX6, by the West Oaks Mall. I travel for my job, so I'm rarely in town. Just got back from Wisconsin on Friday. Driving to Lufkin on Monday. After that, who knows.

Been vaping for about a month now. Haven't wanted an analog cig since the first day. I have the NPRO, and a $25.00 cheapie in my computer case for a backup. I'm waiting for a few orders that are out of stock right now. (atomizers, batteries, juice, etc.) I'm stocking up in case this FDA garbage interrupts our vaping.

Cheers;
    jd

PV Master ECF Veteran Jim Davis's Avatar

Howdy Everyone; Here goes.

Jim Davis (my real name)
    Born & raised in Buffalo, New York. Been living in Houston for about 15 years now.

I travel extensively for a living. I'm a Service Engineer in the printing and food packaging industry, and make it home about 2 days per month.

Traveling is in my blood. My Dad & his parents traveled with the Carnival from the time he was a kid until I was born. My Great Uncle - Jeff Davis, was King of the Hobos.

I've been vaping for about a month now, and love it. Using an NPRO. I have a lot of orders pending right now. I want a good supply. I'm dropping Johnson Creek Vanilla e-juice. I just picked up a 6oz bottle of pure glycerin from CVS. WOW - Vapor up the wazoo!!! The mix is 50/50 if you're wondering. (and make sure the glycerin is pure, after all, you're inhaling it.)

Enough babbling for now.
    Cheers;
    jd

Hello and thanks for the invite. My name is April (no fooling) and I was born and raised in Austin Texas. I have been to Vegas, Memphis TN, Indianapolis IN, Jackson Ohio, and Denver Colorado. Have 2 children 22 yr old girl and 17 yr old boy and am still married (22 yrs) to my high school sweetheart. He was recently diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer which is what led me to the E-cigarettes.

Well thats about it for me and again thanks for the invite to the group.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast