Chuck Maintenance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Chuck Maintenance

Moved On

Default Chuck Maintenance

So for all of us newbie chuckleheads, why don't some of you old timers unwrap your mouth from your chucks and share your maintenance and beauty secrets?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Houdini's Avatar

None required here except to clean the connector with a paper towel every now and then. That's all I do.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

My chuck goes to work with me every day and gets beat the hell up and it still vapes like a steamroller. But yes you do have to clean the connector every now and then especially if you are a sloppy over-dripper like myself.

Account closed on request ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Once a week I use a cotton swab with a little alcohol and clean the connector and the threads on the battery end cap. Once a month I get out the Brasso and clean brass end caps. I wipe the body down every couple of days with an old clean sock to keep it all nice and shiny. Yes, I baby my Chuck.

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

The end caps are clear-coated... Unless you have brass-o-ed it off. Which I highly doubt.

Clean the connector occasionally, and give it a waxing if you are feeling saucy. Any automotive grade wax/polish will work fine.

I use meguiars Plast-X. The Powder coat is technically a polymer so it works great.

Last edited by jeffakamax; 02-16-2010 at 10:48 PM.
    Pedro A. Morales likes this.

Account closed on request ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Thanks Jeff! We use a lot of Meguire products on our leathers and on the bike. I didn't even think about using it on my Harley Chuck. That is just so fitting!

PV Master ECF Veteran crashtestjeep's Avatar

THE ONE thing I tell ANYONE when they ask what PV of mine is the most maintenence free is "get a Chuck" - NO Maintenence required...unless u count wiping the connector once in a while...but thats a given I figured this thread wouldnt say much more

Im sure most of you know I have a PV obsession....and the Chuck remains #1!!!! Guess thats why I have 3 Chucks and only 1 of the other guys

Moved On

Default Great to hear

I have read most of the forums and knew there was little maintenance required but I thought it would be good for lurkers and new folks to see. Go to any other mod board and you see tons of issues or maintenance suggestions and it is good to see there isn't much required on the Chucks!

I currently have a loner from a friend (great friend, huh) which I have been using for a few weeks but I have finally ordered my own little chuck and will probably get a big chuck after that. It seems my great friend has limits and is wanting his little chuck back soon!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeffakamax View Post
    The end caps are clear-coated... Unless you have brass-o-ed it off. Which I highly doubt.

Clean the connector occasionally, and give it a waxing if you are feeling saucy. Any automotive grade wax/polish will work fine.

I use meguiars Plast-X. The Powder coat is technically a polymer so it works great.

Thanx Jef, great to know. Will purchase very soon.

I'll keep my money, my freedom, and my guns, and you can keep THE CHANGE! Just because you are out of sight doesn't mean you are out of range.

Bird Brain Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

If you have an atty that works on 1 device but not another... by CrashTestJeep

Inside your Chuck, right under the atomizer, is a little screw. Even if this looks loose to you, DO NOT TIGHTEN IT. You will disconnect the wiring inside your Chuck and have to send it back to Jeff for repairs.
    Juice: Deejstuff
    Equipment: eGos, EVODs, Vivi Novas, V3s

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast