Traveling to thailand. Bring my ecig? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Traveling to thailand. Bring my ecig?

I'm in and out of BKK airport a couple of times each month and never have any problems with E-cigs or liquids. I keep my liquids and spare parts in a box with all my toilettries in my hold luggage and my e cigs with a little spare juice in my hand luggage.
    In the 13 years I have been coming here, I have been stopped by customs once.
    Try bringing a more inconspicuous PV if you can, like an Elips or Ego C, you don't want the Lavatube drawing too much attention from the wrong people.
    Last edited by Lukey1979; 03-13-2013 at 10:35 AM.

Full Member Verified Member

so bring my KGO vv instead of my Vamo in mini size? I am traveling to Bangkok on May 9 and though American will be going there from Malaysia. only have 12mg ejuice (strongest able to find here) and want to make sure I can at least have some nicotine.

Moved On

I'm coming to Bangkok in October. Should I be disassembling my eRoll mini into it's components before I take it on with my hand luggage? I assume I should also take my PCC on with my hand luggage, right?

Arrived in bangkok yesterday, from malaysia.i have my drawtube smart mech mod and rsst tank in my hand carry, as well as a bottle of 10ml liquids and two 350 batteries.took out the battery, detached the rsst and put everything in my hand carry,no problem.

I'm visiting Thailand late November 2013 and trying to get a handle on what to do regarding my vaping gear and juice. From a distance, it seems that anti-vaping enforcement grows a bit more every couple months.

So I'm perplexed. The last thing I want to do is get held up at customs after 22 hours of travel, so I'm (reluctantly) considering leaving everything at home. It also appears to be very difficult to buy a battery or juice once I arrive. That leaves me panicked that I'll pick up an analog during the trip.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    The trip was booked before I fully quit cigarettes, and now that I vape exclusively, I'm really concerned the one thing that allowed me to quit will be unavailable during my travel.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MKE_Doug View Post
    I'm visiting Thailand late November 2013 and trying to get a handle on what to do regarding my vaping gear and juice. From a distance, it seems that anti-vaping enforcement grows a bit more every couple months.

So I'm perplexed. The last thing I want to do is get held up at customs after 22 hours of travel, so I'm (reluctantly) considering leaving everything at home. It also appears to be very difficult to buy a battery or juice once I arrive. That leaves me panicked that I'll pick up an analog during the trip.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    The trip was booked before I fully quit cigarettes, and now that I vape exclusively, I'm really concerned the one thing that allowed me to quit will be unavailable during my travel.
    hi, i went over to bangkok & haadyai last year. wat i did was spare batts, charger, eliquid 50ml in seal plastic in the luggage. expensive pv in luggage. i carry ego with cotton carto with me (no liquid) .passed customs no prob. if they ask just say 'nam buree'...water cigarette. hope this helps

Moved On

If say nam buree ,theyll think its a .... lol.Buree fai far is the correct term .

Full Member Verified Member

Is everything in this thread still pretty accurate?

I'm traveling to Thailand in a week with my wife and have a tackle box full of vape gear.

iTaste MVP
    Nemesis
    Zmax mini
    5 18500 batteries
    5 18350 batteries
    2 Xtar chargers
    100ml of 3 different juices
    5 cartomizers
    5 atomizers
    iTaste Clear 30 with a couple replacement heads

I wasn't really worried about it but it seems like the Thai government is cracking down harder.

I'll be upset if everything gets seized but am willing to take the risk as long as I'm not put in jail over it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Super Member Verified Member CABBA's Avatar

for the most part i think bringing in things in your luggage will be alright. Drop the packaging, separate things a bit.. keep the liquids in the toiletries bag, tanks randomly scattered in the clothing.. parts such as batteries or wire that could be multi purpose, leave them in the box, say they are your hand tools for work.. for the most part there is a very small chance that they will look at your bag more than just the x-ray belt. if they do open it as long as its separated they will not know how the pieces go together and what they combine into. should be pretty straight forward, does any one else have any bad experiences arriving in the Land of smiles?

Definitely i can attest to the fact that ordering things online and receiving orders in Thailand can be difficult. any mention of vaporizer or ecig will most likely get held up and rejected. My first Halo order was shipped to Thailand (starter triton kit and some ejuice) and it was stopped and confiscated. customs told me that the liquids were illegal since they were like medicine. They said that the batteries and tanks alone were not the problem but they could not split the order and there was nothing i could do. several months later.. i ordered juice online and asked them to keep labeling to a minimum.. and the juice made it right to my door.. a month later i ordered a couple of spare ego batteries and empty protank, and customs stopped the order saying that it could not be imported. luckily this time the package was coming in with DHL and the agreed to ship the order back to the sender so i got the value of the order back as credit.

Back on topic, i think moving through the airport with your stuff packed strategically should be ok. online orders are anybody's guess, anything you order may be confiscated so be prepared. For the life of me i dont know why of all the things going on in Thailand ecigarettes have attracted such heat.. i dont even know what the rule is. i see people vaping around BKK and know that there are places selling some low quality stuff.. its confusing and unfortunate.

I was vaping in BKK airport...oops. I was there about a month and brought about 150ml of juice, several clearomisers and my mvp2. Some in hand luggage some in main bag. I'd say you'd have to be very unlucky - vaped openly everywhere I went the entire time. No problems. Rarely saw any police actually in the cities. Thailand is the last place you want to get in trouble with the law though so I'm not sure what I will do next time. People on the beaches sell e liquid (might be 0mg) and ecigs - they were all quite impressed by my MVP. The bar girls thought it looked like a telephone and kept either trying to make calls with it or offering me an ashtray as a joke.
    Last edited by PTJH; 04-26-2014 at 11:33 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast