Traveling to thailand. Bring my ecig?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Traveling to thailand. Bring my ecig?

Full Member Verified Member

Default Traveling to thailand. Bring my ecig?

Heading to Thailand in July to do a month of backpacking. Would like to bring my ecig(maxi-roughtstack) but have heard scary stuff about Thailand's strict drug laws. I really don't want to go back to smoking analog cigarettes, but I also really don't want to end up in Thia prison... Are ecig's illegal in Thailand? Will I get arrested for vaping my roughstack in public?(It looks more like a drug pipe then a traditional ecig...) Even if they are legal, I'm worried that I wont be able to explain to a police officer what it is(I don't speak Thai) and they will just assume I am smoking crack or something illegal... Would I be better off using a regular pen-style ecig that looks like a cigarette? Edit: Also, would anyone who speaks Thai be willing to write me a brief explanation of what E-cigs are? Just in case I run across a suspicious none english speaking police officer?
    Last edited by preasence; 05-15-2012 at 03:11 AM.

Full Member Verified Member

bumpbump...anyone? There has to be some thai vapers on here somewhere!

I have vaped in thailand for years and no one has paid any attention. I have crossed borders with laos and cambodia and no one cared about my ecig gear. I didn't even think about it being illegal and have vaped where anyone could see it including police etc. and no one has said anything.

I usually stow the bigger amounts of juice and batteries in the check in luggage, but have had smaller amounts of juice and batts in carry on and no one has said anything. I think i remember an xray screener pulling out a bat/atomizer and i just made a motion like smoking a cig and they shrugged and put it back in my carry on bag.

i hope your luck is good with your gear. I think i can safely say that no one is really on the look out for ecigs, and if they see you vaping they don't know what it is.

I forgot to add that if thais do motion or smile and point at my ecig i take out my 5 mil juice bottle and motion that i pour the juice in the ecig and then smoke it like a cigarette. ( i drip my ecigs) you can point at a juice bottle and say

nam (pronounced like viet-nam) and buri (pronounced like burreee) and they just nod and smile. nam is water-and buri is tobacco so you are saying water tobacco. they get it. the english word battery seems well understood. you can pronounce it something like bat tree. nam buri should work well if a policeman ever asked about your ecig.

believe me, they have more serious things to watch out for than a guy puffing on an ecig!
    Nach likes this.

Account closed on request ECF Veteran

No worries. They could care less. Just tell them no nic which is legal. Rebottle juice in generic containers if paranoid. :o

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Hello. Has there been any change about this? I going for vacation to thailand for 1 month starting 16th january and thinking about bringing my ecigs with me. Can i bring them without fear that they will be taken away in border? And also are there any stores in bangkok that sell juice in store? Would be also really nice to buy thai hand made mod from there. If there even are any mod makers in thailand?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Jali View Post
    Hello. Has there been any change about this? I going for vacation to thailand for 1 month starting 16th january and thinking about bringing my ecigs with me. Can i bring them without fear that they will be taken away in border? And also are there any stores in bangkok that sell juice in store? Would be also really nice to buy thai hand made mod from there. If there even are any mod makers in thailand?
    You should have no problem bringing in an e-cig and a small amount of juice. Customs at the airports in Thailand is quite lax. Just go through the no declare line. The only real enforcement is on shipments coming into Thailand, not users. There are even Thai websites and forums that openly sell ecigs and liquid. There are several places to buy ejuice retail but they keep it low key. The one that I have seen in person to check it out is in the basement level of Big C Imperial Lathphrao (Latphrao road soi 85 or thereabouts). There is a phone store called "Connect Mobile" that is several independent sellers in one location. If you enter the store on the left hand side, go all the way to he back and on your right you will see a glass case facing the back of the store. In that case is official Joyetech devices (there are listed on Joyetech Thailand as an official reseller) and Innokin products. They even had the eVic in stock when I checked it out a week ago. They sell Innokin juice and some others. The only price I saw was Innokin 20ml bottles for 500 baht. I did not ask about the price on the other ejuice they had in stock. They have a wide variety of products but low stock levels. There are other storss also. Go to Joyetech Thailand website and look at the official resellers list. That will give you a clue to where some others are located. Enjoy your trip.
    Nach and SilverBackGorilla like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by jackbox View Post
    You should have no problem bringing in an e-cig and a small amount of juice. Customs at the airports in Thailand is quite lax. Just go through the no declare line. The only real enforcement is on shipments coming into Thailand, not users. There are even Thai websites and forums that openly sell ecigs and liquid. There are several places to buy ejuice retail but they keep it low key. The one that I have seen in person to check it out is in the basement level of Big C Imperial Lathphrao (Latphrao road soi 85 or thereabouts). There is a phone store called "Connect Mobile" that is several independent sellers in one location. If you enter the store on the left hand side, go all the way to he back and on your right you will see a glass case facing the back of the store. In that case is official Joyetech devices (there are listed on Joyetech Thailand as an official reseller) and Innokin products. They even had the eVic in stock when I checked it out a week ago. They sell Innokin juice and some others. The only price I saw was Innokin 20ml bottles for 500 baht. I did not ask about the price on the other ejuice they had in stock. They have a wide variety of products but low stock levels. There are other storss also. Go to Joyetech Thailand website and look at the official resellers list. That will give you a clue to where some others are located. Enjoy your trip.
    This is not true any more. Be very discreet and careful with bringing ejuice into the country. Recently, the police have cracked down on retailers selling ejuice by raiding their shops, confiscating their juice and putting the owners in jail.

Full Member Verified Member mikeygar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackbox View Post
    This is not true any more. Be very discreet and careful with bringing ejuice into the country. Recently, the police have cracked down on retailers selling ejuice by raiding their shops, confiscating their juice and putting the owners in jail.
    Will be travelling to BKK end of the month and what you said is very serious! For what charges? Illegal importation? How about travellers with ecigs for personal use? Vaping in public? Read somewhere that it is pretty much ignored...

Full Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mikeygar View Post
    Will be travelling to BKK end of the month and what you said is very serious! For what charges? Illegal importation? How about travellers with ecigs for personal use? Vaping in public? Read somewhere that it is pretty much ignored...
    So hows it..did you go to bangkok and bring your e cig along. Pass thru flight customs with no problem. I am going to bangkok end of april...thought of bringing my lavatube with stardust & 10ml of e liquid with me. Is it better to check them in or hand carry would be better? I would prefer to hand carry so i can vape when needed..if i check in then i have to wait till i get to Bangkok collect my luggage then start vaping. If i hand carry must I dismantle them or put them together would pose no problems? I am really confused on what to do. I was thinking I put some stardust, 10ml liquid & 3 18650 batts into check in luggage and hand carry my lavatube body, one stardust saperately in a pouch and a spare 10ml e liquid in my pockets..would there be a problem? Please advice and thanks for helping me out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast