E-Cig/Liquid bust Thailand.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: E-Cig/Liquid bust Thailand.

  1. #1
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Surin Thailand
    Posts
    40

    Default E-Cig/Liquid bust Thailand.

    I stumbled across this tonight on the news. I have no idea about the ins and outs but it's evident some poor sod got busted with his horde of harmless goods.

    Ever felt like the walls were closing in around you? I got the feeling the world over, It's going to be more difficult, if not impossible to vape in the future. Unless you are willing to buy a Carto from Philip Morris at 10 Dollars each....Damn shame if you ask me.

    ????????????????????????????????????????????? | MCOT.net
    Last edited by Lukey1979; 01-29-2013 at 05:23 PM.

  2. #2
    Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Norcross, GA
    Posts
    535

    Default

    is it that bad back home?

  3. #3
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Surin Thailand
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Looks like it was one of the vendors from Thaiecigclub who got busted, shame really, they are a useful lot on there.There is alot of noise going on in that forum at the moment, I've done my best with Google translate, but If anyone who can read Thai could take a look and report whats really going on It would be a big help. It doesn't look particularly cosy to be honest.
    I go through Survarnabhumi alot. I have had my e-cig pulled once by security checks and after an explanation of what it was i was waved through with no bother. I don't want this to start being an issue, especially with customs...
    Last edited by Lukey1979; 01-29-2013 at 05:50 PM.

  4. #4
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sickkboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    478

    Default

    AFAIK, Some member on that webboard said someone report to police about this guy sell e-cig, and teenagers in that neighbor use e-cig and look like they on drug, so police arrested and charged him for violated law, also seized all of his stuff because e-cig are still banned in Thailand.

  5. #5
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sickkboy View Post
    AFAIK, Some member on that webboard said someone report to police about this guy sell e-cig, and teenagers in that neighbor use e-cig and look like they on drug, so police arrested and charged him for violated law, also seized all of his stuff because e-cig are still banned in Thailand.
    It was TRPN that got busted. Somebody reported him to the police as stated above. It's a real shame because I was about to order some Kanthal wire and wicking material to start doing a rebuild. Does anyone know where I can buy Kanthal wire and wicking material from in Thailand or maybe someone can tell me what it is called and I can try asking around

    Mono

  6. #6
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Surin Thailand
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MonoXimian View Post
    It was TRPN that got busted. Somebody reported him to the police as stated above. It's a real shame because I was about to order some Kanthal wire and wicking material to start doing a rebuild. Does anyone know where I can buy Kanthal wire and wicking material from in Thailand or maybe someone can tell me what it is called and I can try asking around

    Mono
    Me too mate, by coincidence, I tried to order from him the same night. He responded by saying he had been shut down.

  7. #7
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey1979 View Post
    Me too mate, by coincidence, I tried to order from him the same night. He responded by saying he had been shut down.
    Have you managed to find another supplier in Thailand or worldwide? I am looking on Ebay at Kanthal wire but I am confused as to what size I should buy. Someone told me about 32 g but did not say what mm I should be looking for. They said I should avoid silica wick as its not so healthy to use.

    They recommended buying cotton wicks for better wicking and flavour which I have found on Amazon for about $8 for 10 yards (just over 9 metres). But the Kanthal they sell there is industry sized and costs $40 not inc p&p.

    If I have to pay p&p I really want a 1 stop shop to take care of all my needs.

    Any suggestions or advice greatly appreciated

    Mono

  8. #8
    Full Member Verified Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    bangkok
    Posts
    66

    Default

    32 g means 0.20mm, 33g means 0.18mm, 34 g means 0.16mm.. most ppl on forum sugget 34g or 0.16mm R wire which cld be kanthal or nichrome
    n for the non resistace wire 32 g, nickel or silver wire. i always thght the nickel wld be better bcos its stronger than silver, so it wont break as easily as silver..
    MonoXimian likes this.

  9. #9
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gdawg View Post
    32 g means 0.20mm, 33g means 0.18mm, 34 g means 0.16mm.. most ppl on forum sugget 34g or 0.16mm R wire which cld be kanthal or nichrome
    n for the non resistace wire 32 g, nickel or silver wire. i always thght the nickel wld be better bcos its stronger than silver, so it wont break as easily as silver..
    Hi Gdawg

    Thanks for the reply but I am still a little confused as I seem 34 g kanthal wire on Ebay which was 15 mm and I am not too sure what the implications might be if I buy it ie will it have a lower or higher ohms setting when I use it to rebuild.

    I have the same confusion when it comes to wick sizes as well, do I need 1, 1.5, 2.0 or 3.00 mm sizes. If I can understand what I need then I will try ordering it from Ebay and have it delivered here as I haven't had any info where I might be able to buy these things in Thailand

    Thanks for your help so far and forgive my lack of understanding

    Mono

  10. #10
    Full Member Verified Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    bangkok
    Posts
    66

    Default

    lol its ok mate, i ve also been through it.
    the thinner the wire the lower will be ur resistance. if u want lower resistance then just go for the thinner wire.
    but then u can just wrap an extra coil n tht will increase ur resistance. so its not tht much of a deal whatever size u use. watever is easily available just get tht. i use the 34g. with around 4 wraps i generally get a resistance of around 1.5 - 1.8 ohms. if u want the resistance to be around say 2.4 ohms just wrap it 6 times.

    n for the wick again it doesnt really make a lot of difference but i wld suggest getting a thicker wick like 2mm or 3mm,
    i m myself looking for some 3mm cotton wick but i cant find it... actually i havnt really gone out to get it.
    hope this helps
    MonoXimian likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks