Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepointfive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
alright.. i made a double coil with tripple twisted 30 gauge kanthal in 3 loops on each wick which is made of 4 strands of 3mm silica. the ohms on my nimbus are measuring at .002!! im getting tons of great clouds.. nice warm vapor.. im really enjoying it but can this be bad in any way? its not going to blow up is it?

im pretty sure its .002 ohms... could be.. im still not sure i know how to use this multimeter right. in the 20k switch position i measured 0.00 so i switched to 2k switch position and measured .002... is that right?

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
alright.. i made a double coil with tripple twisted 30 gauge kanthal in 3 loops on each wick which is made of 4 strands of 3mm silica. the ohms on my nimbus are measuring at .002!! im getting tons of great clouds.. nice warm vapor.. im really enjoying it but can this be bad in any way? its not going to blow up is it?

im pretty sure its .002 ohms... could be.. im still not sure i know how to use this multimeter right. in the 20k switch position i measured 0.00 so i switched to 2k switch position and measured .002... is that right?

Five years ago would your post have made any sense to you? (Hi and welcome, btw ;))

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
BZZZT! WRONG!

If it was actually .002 ohms chances are you would be writing about the exploding (shorted) battery rather than claiming a great vaping experience. Now go read the instructions for your meter - set it to 200 ohms or 20 ohms - if it has that option - and measure it again. (Some people on this forum really scare me. Even those who think they know what they are doing trying to screw around with SLR stuff.)

mikepointfive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
BZZZT! WRONG!

If it was actually .002 ohms chances are you would be writing about the exploding (shorted) battery rather than claiming a great vaping experience. Now go read the instructions for your meter - set it to 200 ohms or 20 ohms - if it has that option - and measure it again. (Some people on this forum really scare me. Even those who think they know what they are doing trying to screw around with SLR stuff.)
whats SLR stuff?

-iD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2010
Midwest US
in the ohms part of my multimeter it goes 2m, 200k, 20k, 2k, and 200. which switch setting should i be using?
i tried in all modes and got zeros everywhere except 2k where i got .002, and 200 where i got 1.7
so which is it?

Ask yourself this: which one SOUNDS like a realistic resistance? .002 or 1.7?

tap'd on my Google Galaxy Nexus

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
Alright, alright... People don't learn without stumbling a bit, give the guy a break...

The correct setting would be 200, or 1.7 Ohms... It's rounding up to 2 in the 2K range...

1.7 Ohms is well within safe vaping limits... Your ProVari should have fired that fine... So the fact you're getting an E1 means something is up... At least in the eyes of the ProVari it thinks something is up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread