"51" at the mall

Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
My daughter phoned to say there was a kiosk near the entrance to Sarasota Square Mall today with "51" on it. A woman was calling over people to explain the new electronic cigarette!

Daughter told the woman that her dad had been using one for a long time now.

These -- 51 -- are our Vegas friends who rebrand GreenCig models. But this is the first I've heard of e-cigs being sold openly in a shopping mall. Anyone else seeing this in other parts of the country?

TheEmperorOfIceCream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
London, UK
Yeah, I dropped by the site a week or so ago. The tux gorilla is history but there's still nothing to attract me. 150 bucks for the starter pack with two different lengths of battery. Two carts included to kick off then 3 bucks apiece thereafter (in packs of 5). Out of my reach for the moment and the upper limit for nic is still pants at 8mg.

Emp

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
I think the 51 site is run by a brother of a famous poker player.

Emp- you can get 24mg cartridges but you have to ask for htem via email after you complete your order- they offer 24 mg in Vanilla, and two other flavors, coffee I think is one of hte otyhers- I aasked for 10 Vanilla in 24 mg, and got the 8 mg fluecured because I wanted to try it- we'll see if the vanilla carts actually come htrough at 24mg- should get the order this week sometime- If I actually get 24 mg carts, we'll see what kind of kick they got- I'll report back how they kick in my loongtotem thread.

Not trying ot talk ya into it, just giving a heads up about the situation- I also see that their 'sale' is still on, we'll see if the prices of the 'sale' remain or if they reraise the prices again- I got two 10 cartridge kits which gives me two batteries, two chargers and total of 20 carts for $134 which included hte shipping- not too bad a price considerign some kits of other brands cost nearly that for just one charger, two batteries, and 5 carteridges- but we'll see if the batteries are any good- might be duds- who knows? their batteries are a real crap-shoot unfottunately

Last edited:

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
Nazareth nearly all of my latest batch of batteries have to be returned . nearly all faulty sep for a couple but these don't last that good either so I have six batteries here which aren't much good and it's not the charges as I have loads of these to.
This is just gone beyond a joke now so I am going to see if they will exchange for pipes or refund .

Well, that's just creepy T-Bob. But I guarandamteeya that people will lap up this stuff like the inception of the betamax. It'll be in mall kiosks everywhere by next year...and who knows...maybe the infomercial...before there is actually research done...and all the real dangers finally come to light...because everybody has one next to their Ipods.

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
I gotta drive up this Saturday and check it out myself. Find out what they cost, etc. And, Naz and Ned, if Studio51 units are just LoongTotems, then we're talking "not ready for prime time." Right? The battery problem -- especially given the cost -- is outrageous.

Bob I'm pretty sure they are
Loong Totem in disguise if you look on the Loong Totem website you will see 51 listed there as agency.
I think at the moment I will just stick to my kiss box classic which gives me every thing I need as I now have four units which give me enough spares and when they do go down I know Harry at Jan T. well sort me out without any problem.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
That's roughly $3 apiece for the carts, but remember that these are supposed to be disposables, as I recall, so a user would need one cart a day if each equals a pack of cigarettes. And that's what any cigarette smoker would pay today to continue the smoking habit. Viewed that way, these aren't expensive.

Viewed in light of how cheaply we refill cartridges, they're outrageous!

jarvis

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2008
Tx
I was more put off by the price comparison of this one to loongtotem, seeing as they are the exact same thing, but the cartridge price is more than doubled. I wonder why we don't see a flood of ebay sellers with realistic shipping prices. There are hundreds reselling various dse models and super minis. . It seems loongtotem is trying to keep the prices locked down either with outrageous shipping or re-branders doubling prices. The second we get the prices listed on their website, with decent shipping fees they can consider me a customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread