8 months vaping, and my takes on a bunch of equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started off with 2 genuine Ego twists, 2 vivi novas, and more juice than I can count.

Both of my Ego twists still work and hold a charge. My one problem is the 1000mah one seems to have developed stripped threads and only 1 tank of the many I have will even thread into it.

I tried multiple Kanger tanks like the T2 and T3. Both only lasted for a few days/a week or so. My T2 plastic tip broke off in my mouth (barely touching it) so I bought one of the cool metal tips only to find out a few days later that the juice I was vaping at the time (banana split) seems to kill plastic tanks. I didnt like it anywhere near enough to buy another one.

My vivi novas... I have 3 3.5ml tanks, 2 mini's, and explained later, 2 new V-fate's. They all work. Tip them upside down after a hit, and hit them again pretty much instantly. Flavor isnt great and they have a "heavy" draw to them. The wicks seem to last forever. Ive had a wick in my 3.5ml tank vaping a nearly clear juice last 5 weeks. In search of more flavor, and my desire to vape some Cherry's and Ecto Cooler, I moved on.

Then I came to the Protank. I bought 2 of them... this is a love hate relationship with me. AWESOME flavor and I can vape anything I want. Then the problems come in. The O-ring on the base of one of them seems to come off every time I go to fill it. A minor inconvenience, but it still happens. Then comes an interesting issue. My 1 protank will kill a coil in 3 days. No mater what battery it is on, or what juice is in it. The other will last 1-2 weeks on the same batteries with darker juice. I dont get it at all. But that does being me to another issue with the Protanks. The coil life. Forget 3-5 WEEKS with a nova coil, I get anywhere from 4 days to maybe 2 weeks on a coil in the protank. That isnt made any better by the coils being more expensive than nova coils. So again I went searching.

Finally I came full circle and bough 2 Vision ViVi Nova V-fates that come with the new dual coil heads. They seem to have the same "issues" normal Nova's have. The heavy draw and the every so slightly less muted flavor. The dual coil heads seem to also be a double edge sword. The flavor is slightly less muted and I seem to get more actual vapor production. However they get hot, very hot. So much so I had to buy ceramic drip tips to avoid the unpleasant heat on my lips.

As for batteries like I said I still have my 2 Ego Twists. The threads might be a bit weak, but they always work. I have bought a Vision Spinner, and I can actually say it is my 1 regret. The battery life is fine, but it seems strange. I have to turn it up way higher to get the same vape I do with my Egos or my new toy (next) I also have a sneaking suspicion that it is killing coils faster than any of my other batteries. It seems like the coils die 2-5 days sooner, across multiple tanks and juices, than any of the rest of my batteries. At first it was a "huh" but over 3 months now, it has been a consistent 2-5 days sooner. This could however be from the fact I have to vape at 4.4-4.6v on the Vision when my Ego Twists have never moved past 4v

Now, for my newest, and most favorite thing ever. The VAMO. I am vaping at a consistent 7.5-8 Watts and getting great solid throat hits, great vapor production and just unparalleled battery life (Using a 18650) I really should have bought 1 right off the bat. In fact, I am now tempted to buy 2 more but we will see about that. I always have the idea in the back of my head of a Lava Tube or possibly a Provari but as of right now, I dont see what either would do that the VAMO cant or doesnt.

This has been a very fun journey so far. Right now my perfect line-up is VAMO with a ProTank (despite its problems) vaping MtBakerVapor juice (TheVaporRoom is a close second, but almost 2x the price per ml) Where do I go next friends? :)

Dont know where ur buying from but protank/evod coils are like half the price of vivi coils...their like a lil over a dollar each vivis are like 2.50 just saying...i change mine a lot simply cause theyre so cheap and im not really into rebuilding or anything.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I generally buy from 1 of 3 places depending on who has what, when. AltSmoke GotVapes, and MtBakerVapor. Last time I bought Protank coils they were about 2.50 a piece. When I stocked up on ViVi coils they were I want to say 1.50. Not exactly double, but getting close to it. The dual coil vivi heads are getting close to 3 dollars a head now though. The original single coil heads are a dime a dozen last time I really looked for some. I bit the bullet in May or so and bought 100 of them so I shouldnt have to buy another single coil vivi head for a long time

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Pharma, what part of the threads stripped on the egos? Were they genuine Joyetech? Never had that happen.

At any rate, if only the ego threading is what stripped, you could probably screw a 510-to-ego adapter onto the 510 part of the battery, and that would provide you with ego threads again.

Next mod out, maybe try a bottom feeder. now that you have a tube mod you love (Vamo). Different experience entirely.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Yes, WordUp has great prices on those coils. You can ALWAYS get them at about $6 for 5 at either Discount Vapers or Sun Vapor.
For glass, you're pretty limited. If you can work out the issue killing coils, the ProTank is probably the best bet. I also like the ProTank MINI a lot on Egos - the fit is like they're made for one another, and I get better "out of the box" performance. With a ProTank, I find the juice flow restricted until I remove ONE flavor wick. Not so with the Mini. Don't know why - I'm using the same coils!
For a plastic tank, I'd suggest also trying out an EVOD. Better flavor than a Vivi, and same coil as a ProTank.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
I've been at this vaping craze a bit over 3 years, been using the Vision Vivi-Nova since they came out (no knock-offs). They are easy to rebuild with silica, cotton, or ekowool for your preferred resistance. Using short, fluffed out wicks they have all the flavor of an original CE2 and are close to dripping a 306 or 901 atty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread