9 DAYS on same Loong Totem v9 (Magnum) (Smoke 51) Cart!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belowme

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2008
Portland, OR
Hi guys,

I have successfully mastered the method of refilling the Loong Totem v9 AKA Smoke51, AKA Eaze Magnum Cartridge for 9 days, producing the same amount of SUPER Vapor!

First I would like to thank Leaford and RatinDaHat for their input on the topic of refilling it, all the info I gathered helped me to succeed in this.

Some of you may ask why would you refill a disposable cart? Well, because these things are pretty expensive and why throw away what you can preserve.

Ok I went through 3 carts, the first one I used up completely until the blue wire burnt out, when that is the case, then you cannot refill.

I also tore apart a cart just as Dustin did and saw the insides which is a Tube a Blue wire I rolled up paper towel material and on the bottom of the metal Cartridge, some soldering and such. (Sorry no Pics)

Ok, the main materials you will need to refill the carts are

1, A small flat head screwdriver (or what ever fits inside the hole)
2, An Insulin Syringe, I use a 1 cc syringe, they also come in 1/2cc
3, e-liquid of your choice.
4, A Cartridge which is close to the end of its life but not BURNT
5, Qtips

1st, You must remove the white cap with the Screwdriver, then you will see the insides. (watching RatintheHats Video on the Magnum will give you a better Idea of this)
When you take the cap off, you will see rolled up paper, and tube with a BLUE wire connected to it.

Now You will take out the syringe, DO NOT POKE YOURSELF! You need to take the stick out of the syringe. The reason why is you cannot suck the e-liquid directly from the needle.
When you take the Stick out, Pour the e-liquid in from the top. You will Need roughly 40-50 Units of E-Liquid.

After you get the Liquid in the syringe put the stick in slightly, turn the syringe needle side up and shake it up and down until the liquid drips down, now slowly slide the stick back in until the liquid reaches the needle.

Now you are ready to fill the Cart.

Remember! You have to avoid the tube and the wire and you HAVE to be careful not to stick it TOO far in.

Carefully stick the syringe into the paper, try to get it in the middle and squeeze little by little into random spots. Again, avoid the Tube and Wire.

But you have to squeeze Juice close to the tube and wire also.

Keep going until you see the Cart's Paper Filling start to soak up.

Now take the Syringe out.

Next you will need the Qtip to soak up the excess fluid on the top, so stick the qtip in there and dry the top of the insides a bit. This is to prevent the liquid from going into the tube when you put it back together.

You are done, now put the plastic cap back in.

I find it best to leave the cart standing CAP up for a few hours after you do this but if you are inpatient, what you can do is screw the battery in, flip the e-cig upside down and blow into it so smoke comes out ***WITH THE CAP OFF***[EDIT]. Make sure you dont heat it up too much, and point the E-cig at a garbage can because some liquid may come out. do this about ten times in 10 second turns.

and this will get moist of the extra liquid out. **This step is unneccesary is you filled it perfectly but for the first few time you may need to do it.**

Let it cool down and you should be good to go, and continue to do this everytime you feel that the cart is running dry.

I am still on the Same cartridge from 9 days ago, this may be pure luck I don't know as this Cart has not died on me yet so I had no reason to refill another New Cart.

It may take a couple carts to get it right, as I hard from many people that there are a lot of carts that are duds.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL,

And Happy New Years!

I hope this was helpful.

Feel free to ask any questions as I may have left things out.

Last edited:

Belowme

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2008
Portland, OR
Thanks for backing my results, as apposed to giving me non-constructive criticism!

I found 1 more way of refilling the carts. Thanks to Eyespy!

You can pop off the plastic top and carefully drip around the edges just watch out for the tube!

Although every cartridge is different, you will have to test to know exactly how many drops to make it right.

sometimes you will find a cart that will die in 3-4 days. that's just the way it is.

I now have a cart I have been refilling for the past 15 days with no problems.

What I do is drip about 5-6 drops, let it soak in and then drip a few more.

Put the cap on and smoke away!

Good Luck to you all on th refilling and I hope that I have helped!

If anyone needs any advice on the loong totemv9 (smoke51) (Magnum) Leave me a PM and I will help to the best of my abilities!

Happy Chinese New Years to You All!!

I just received my first batch of liquid in the mail today... and so far, my best results have been with a syringe. syringe helps for mixing up a few flavors in a small dose too.
strawberry+ vanilla= nice vape.

acp63

Moved On
Jan 27, 2009
I have gotten 2 weeks out of a cartridge. All I do is use the dropper from a Johnsoncreek sample bottle and stick it in the hole at an angle and squeeze. I then let the cartidge sit for one hour and go. I a have multable in rotation. I think by not hitting on one constantly but rotate through out the day giveing each cartridge alitle break and a chance to cool off causes their longevity.

Cheers,

acp63

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
GrimmGreen,

Try removing the cart and blowing from the "fake" ash (where the LED) is on the battery a few times into a paper towel.

You could also try leaving the battery ash end up on a papertowel overnight.

This is provided that its actually wet from liquid (and is why its stated above to AVOID the center hole.

You could also try lightly tapping the batter to see if the switch simply stuck.

Either those or you've just got a quitter and you'll need to replace it.

VapeOn,
Greg

Belowme

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2008
Portland, OR
I have to be honest tho.

I got sick of taking the time to fill these things. very frustrating. I ended up buying a DSE901 as a companion to my Magnum. now i just drip... don't get me wrong both vape very well....

convenience is key....but dripping and driving is another thread.;)

I agree I use my 901b daily now and the magnum is just sitting there.
I find my refilling works but takes lots of liquid and if it fails WASTES lots.

So I find no point in refilling a cart when I can just refill a 901 cart which in my opinion produces the same amount of vapour.

nameislisa

Mar 29, 2009
I absolutely love the taste of the chocolate flavor carts-
and obviously we know that the batteries on the LT-V9s and the carts don't last as long as most of the suppliers out there claim they do-

so I started using a janty dura-c (per my friend's reco)- which means - I bought e-liquid for the first time and drip into janty-
I bought chocolate- and in no way does it have the same taste as the V9 carts

but that is what I am looking for-

does anyone know if loongtotem sells the e-liquid chocolate that goes into their carts? or- if there is some eliquid out there that really tastes great?

i would describe the v9 cart chocolate as almost a powdery cocoa taste- lol

i kept all of my old carts from v9- so I also want to try dripping- but have seen on various forums that certain eliquids clog the cart- thoughts?

thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread