A better place for DIY one-stop shopping??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking for DIY supplies and decided to use Wizard Labs because it seemed as though I could get everything I need for DIY juice in one tidy package delivered to my door. I have now had a shopping cart FULL (300+ dollars) for 4 days. A few flavors i especially wanted were not in stock so I used the notify me function to be alerted when they were back in stock. I get the emails, rush back to the site to add them and finalize my order only to find out that many more in my cart are now out of stock so I use the notify feature again only to return and even more to be out of stock. :( I have been through this cycle several times now and am quite frustrated!! Any one have any suggestions on another place to find everything (base/flavor/bottles/glassware/nic/syringes) I need to DIY in one place with comparable prices??

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
I have only been vaping for 3 months but I find that it is almost impossible to find everything for a large order in one place at the same time. You may find that you need to place a few orders with the same vendor to get all you desire. This industry is growing fast and things tend to go out of stock rather quickly on the most popular items. Some vendors have a 'notify me' option for out of stock items. Be quick when you are notified as everyone else waiting for that item will be rushing to complete their order too.

This happens a lot with nicotine bases and the newest and latest equipment. This also happens with the most popular juices.

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
i use lorannoils.com for most of my flavors just make sure they are "water soluble" it will say on the listing if it is.
i buy my nicotine PG and VG and tobacco flavors from totally wicked you can also get bottles and syringes (refilling kit) from TW
i make my batch by the bottle and take notes on how much flavor pg vg and nic i use each time. this data is invaluable for making better fluid. if you are making 100+ ml batches then you could use a pyrex measuring cup from Wal-mart just dont trust the measurements on it. instead get a scale and use that to weight small amounts of each fluid. use multiplication to determine how much of each fluid you need to make a your big batch. if you have questions feel free to PM me

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
sometimes one stop isnt always the best bet, sure its more convenient but many times one or more items could be found much cheaper elsewhere even after shipping.

for me bottles, syringes, beakers and other mix related lab supplies are from amazon.

since I already know what flavors I want more of I go to TFA direct, Wizlabs is only cheaper for the small sample sizes. once you get into larger amounts TFA is much cheaper and wiz doesnt carry the bigger bottles.

pg and vg is much cheaper in bulk from essentials depot, usually 1 gal of each together is around 50 shipped. many people say but wow a gal, but you will be surprised how fast it goes if you start really getting into it (or like me end up supplying half the neighborhood lol)

the only thing I ever get at wiz is 100mg 100% pg nic anymore.

I know it sounds like it would be more cost up front this route but, not having to order for 6-7 months and wait for something makes it worth it to me

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I've used EcigExpress | Electronic Cigarettes, e-Liquid and DIY Flavorings in the past and have been very pleased.
Have also ordered from DIY E-Cig Supplies & E-Cigarette Liquid | Make Your Own E-Liquid | RTS Vapes BUT I always wait for a 20- 30% sale.
ECF thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...icotine-liquid-made-usa-356.html#post10982416

PG and VG can be bought easily and inexpensively form any Pharmacy. If they ask about the PG tell them it's for making candles or non allergenic soap.
Here's a gallon of PG for $22.00:
http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/ideal-animal-health-propylene-glyco-1-gal
As for a 10 ml syringe I bought mine form Walmart/ $2.00- before using coat the printed #'s with clear nail polish:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Apex-Oral-Syringe-1-ct/10811116

Best of Luck.

Last edited:

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
Essentials Depot has been added to my shopping list :).

Look like for a 1x Gallon of PG + 1x Gallon of VG it comes to $54.95 w/ Free Shipping, which is a super-bargain when you compare that to WL and other vendors. The cost through WL would be $150.00 + Shipping for a gallon of PG and a gallon of VG since you'd have to buy it in 500ml bottles. Just to put pricing in perspective.

A gallon of each is quite a bit, but at the same time, if you DIY, chances are you experiment a little too so buying in bulk is going to cut your costs substantially as the cost per ML of PG/VG would then be negligible at $0.0074 cents per ML. Nicotine and Flavoring would then be the most expensive part of the deal, but if you buy 100mg/ml Nicotine, you'll be using more PG/VG to dilute, so you save there too.

I'm all about saving money, so if I can save, then I'm all for it. Using ED and WL, looks like the average cost of a 30ml bottle of 18mg (my current strength) is going to run $0.81 with shipping from WL factored in, so if we add flavoring (6ml), it still comes out to less than $1 for 30ml juice. You really can't beat that at all.

Throw in the cost of a bottle and it may run you $1.25-$1.50.

sometimes one stop isnt always the best bet, sure its more convenient but many times one or more items could be found much cheaper elsewhere even after shipping.

for me bottles, syringes, beakers and other mix related lab supplies are from amazon.

since I already know what flavors I want more of I go to TFA direct, Wizlabs is only cheaper for the small sample sizes. once you get into larger amounts TFA is much cheaper and wiz doesnt carry the bigger bottles.

pg and vg is much cheaper in bulk from essentials depot, usually 1 gal of each together is around 50 shipped. many people say but wow a gal, but you will be surprised how fast it goes if you start really getting into it (or like me end up supplying half the neighborhood lol)

the only thing I ever get at wiz is 100mg 100% pg nic anymore.

I know it sounds like it would be more cost up front this route but, not having to order for 6-7 months and wait for something makes it worth it to me

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
Myfreedomsmokes they have flavors from tfa fa and lorran you can get nic pg vg bottles syringes absolutely everything there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I pretty much find everything I need at MFS as well-
Usually you can find a coupon code for 10% off which offsets the shipping cost.
I suppose it boils down to a matter of convenience for me more than anything.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Nice! Can't believe you got everything you wanted in one shipment. I assume you ordered nic so it will take a few extra days to ship. Then you've got a few more days for it to arrive. What is really going to be time-consuming is unwrapping it all. You are not going to believe it when you open that box. It's going to be way cool. :cool: :party:

OH I didn't find it all at one place. I got the nic, a dripping attys, & a few bottles from Vaping Zone, the PG & VG from Essential Depot, Flavors & more bottles, mixing supplies, syringes & glassware from Wizard Labs, and more flavors from TFA. :toast: I should be off to a good start. Just got to find a ultra sonic cleaner for a good price and I will be all ready I think. I will check out my local places for extra syringes and stuff as some had suggested. I just wanted to be sure I had the essentials when my packages arrive because I know me...I will be up all night the first night like a mad scientist. :blink: I will not be able to wait to tear into it all & get started!! :blush: Now to read a lot and get me a juice bar/lab set-up so I have a place to create!! Thanx so much everyone for the input!! You guys are the awesomest-est-est!! You all rock!! :toast:

Now I would love to hear any wonderful recipe suggestions. No coffee, chocolate, tobacco, or menthol. :p

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
Good luck on getting syringes locally. Unless you have a medical supply store that'll sell to the general public, you may have to stick with ordering them online. I went to Walgreens, CVS, Walmart and 10 local pharmacies - Walgreens is the only store that'd sell me syringes on the condition that I gave them my name, address, phone number and ID to verify my age and the exact reason I needed them.

With that, the only thing they'd sell me was the 1ml Diabetic Syringes that are completely useless as the needle is fixed (non-removable) and you have to basically cut the tip off (I used a Dremel w/ a plastic slicer).

My reasoning varied from mixing chemicals (which I do weekly) and e-cigs, measurements etc - that just doesn't fly. It's like they thought they knew what I was going to do with them and to them, whatever I was going to do was illegal. Thanks to them, Wizard Labs gets my business.

Thankfully I don't get sick that often (1-2 every 4-6 years - maybe a cold) because I hate going to the pharmacy.

OH I didn't find it all at one place. I got the nic, a dripping attys, & a few bottles from Vaping Zone, the PG & VG from Essential Depot, Flavors & more bottles, mixing supplies, syringes & glassware from Wizard Labs, and more flavors from TFA. :toast: I should be off to a good start. Just got to find a ultra sonic cleaner for a good price and I will be all ready I think. I will check out my local places for extra syringes and stuff as some had suggested. I just wanted to be sure I had the essentials when my packages arrive because I know me...I will be up all night the first night like a mad scientist. :blink: I will not be able to wait to tear into it all & get started!! :blush: Now to read a lot and get me a juice bar/lab set-up so I have a place to create!! Thanx so much everyone for the input!! You guys are the awesomest-est-est!! You all rock!! :toast:

Now I would love to hear any wonderful recipe suggestions. No coffee, chocolate, tobacco, or menthol. :p

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla

lol hit up the DIY forums many recipes floating around. also get the ejuicemeup calculator its a free download,once installed you go to file/open and there is 100's of recipes to try.

soon - you be wiggin!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread