A geeky choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popa

Dec 18, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
First off, I'm not a real smoker, more like a geeky smoker, who only smokes to produce the smoke itself, looking cool at the same time. Therefore, the whole idea of buying an e-cigarette bares the only purpose of showing my geeky existence to the public (and to occasionally answer questions), but not to an extreme manner. Such situations would include vaping in a train, where the process will only draw more unwanted attention, including law enforcement authorities, who have never heard of an e-cig, which in result would probably get me arrested for disturbing the peace. I've been reading on and on this forum for several days now, jumping from one topic to another. I've already filled my PureSmoker shopping cart and am ready to push that buy button, but still have some hesitation.

After some vague research I've concluded that I don't really need any nicotine, since I'm not a smoker originally. So, there goes the 'Zero/Nicotine Free (0mg)' choice. I really like the coffee taste due to being a coffee-addicted geeky nerd. However, there isn't any Zero Nicotine Coffee Flavor bottles, so I'm either going to order a 4mg one (which is highly unlikely, considering the previous point), or choose another flavor. If I am indeed satisfied with the product, I'd like to keep dripping the liquid 0-nicotine into the cartridge. There goes the '30ml' choice.

Now, the question is this: which model should I buy (if any)? Should it be the Mini (like a regular 80cm cigarette) or a DSE901 (like Marlboro 100s)?

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
I can see the attraction some non-smokers would have with these. the same way it's not only cigarette smokers will enjoy a hookah now and again but definitely steer clear of nicotine if you want to try them out. don't even be tempted to try a small dose. unfortunately there might not be a lot of options for zero nic users but you can always get a flavour that is not strong and perhaps spice it up with bickfords or lor-anne flavours.

like someone said earlier today, it comes down to this. the size of a device in most cases determines how much liquid they can contain and how long the batteries last. those 103 model minis are generally thought of as being inferior to the 901's. but the new m401 minis have gotten good reviews.

Last edited:

Popa

Dec 18, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
It's not cool, it's a bad habit. Count yourself lucky that you're not addicted and get a life.
Gee, I didn't mean it like that, that's a pretty harsh response. I just wanted to get others' opinions on more appropriate model type. The fact that I only have 1 post doesn't mean that the post contains useless info (i.e. spam). Kate, your posts that I've read are very informative and I thank you for that. I also apologize if I caused any uneasiness in your answer.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Sorry Popa, don't take it to heart, it's not personal.

For goodness sake though, if you must esmoke don't take nicotine, it's very addictive. Really, it's not cool or smart.

Janty do zero nic juices and you could mix your own with glycerine and/or propylene glycol and flavourings. Have a look here - DIY e-liquid - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat

A DSE901 is a good choice.

Again, apologies for being off with you, telling you to get a life was wrong of me.

Welcome to the forum.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Are you in the US? If so, puresmoker.com has cola in 0 nic (you'll probably love it)....and pina colada (like pineapple) and coconut, i think.

I didn't check all the flavors so you might want to look at the others too. But I agree with the others....try to stay away from the nic. IT IS addicting....that is why we are all here now! :(

If you're not in the US....then my suggestions are moot. In any event, good luck!

BTW...the tiny ecig looks more like a real cig but the cartridges don't hold much juice and the batteries have to be recharged more often. The 901 seems preferred and looks like a cig but with a cigar type mouthpiece.

Lu

Popa

Dec 18, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Are you in the US? If so, puresmoker.com has cola in 0 nic (you'll probably love it)....and pina colada (like pineapple) and coconut, i think...The 901 seems preferred and looks like a cig but with a cigar type mouthpiece...
Sorry, I thought I'd posted my location. Brooklyn, NY. As for the other flavors, thanks, SambucaLu, I did take a look at them, but I really have a thing for coffee: I drink it for breakfast in the morning, and now I can smoke it to get through the day.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
The 901 is a mini, it's 120mm long, it's super minis that people are really unhappy with, they are just toys mostly. The M401 has been getting very good reviews though and that's little.

I have a 901 and it compares well with my Kissbox which is one of the best devices too. It's a decent device and even if you want to try others you should consider having one to compare performance.

There are a couple of polls that you might find interesting here -

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...views/4271-device-preferences-poll-redux.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-dispreferences-poll-no-longer-anonymous.html

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
Gee, I didn't mean it like that, that's a pretty harsh response. I just wanted to get others' opinions on more appropriate model type. The fact that I only have 1 post doesn't mean that the post contains useless info (i.e. spam). Kate, your posts that I've read are very informative and I thank you for that. I also apologize if I caused any uneasiness in your answer.
yet another non-smoker who thinks ecigs are a toy...sigh...
and by the way...dont think vaping coffee flavour is like drinking a coffee...eliquid flavours are usually just a hint of a flavour...not a full bodied taste sensation...

be very careful how you use ecigs Popa...even some zero nic liquids can contain trace amounts of nicotine...avoid nicotine at all costs mate...

if you just want to puff vapour for visual effect,then just go buy some high grade Glycerine in the pharmacy or supermarket and use that...its cheap,you can add flavourings like Bickfords or Lorann if you want...itll give you clouds of vapour and its non addictive...read the DIY liquid section of the forum...

if you must do this,then the 901 is probably the best ecig for you...it performs well,its tough,reliable and cheap to buy and maintain...

Popa

Dec 18, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
...The M401 has been getting very good reviews though and that's little...
Thanks, if the reviews are increasingly positive, I may consider buying a M401. I'll take a closer look at a 901 as well.

...dont think vaping coffee flavour is like drinking a coffee...eliquid flavours are usually just a hint of a flavour...not a full bodied taste sensation... be very careful how you use ecigs Popa...even some zero nic liquids can contain trace amounts of nicotine...
if you just want to puff vapour for visual effect,then just go buy some high grade Glycerine in the pharmacy or supermarket and use that...its cheap,you can add flavourings like Bickfords or Lorann if you want...itll give you clouds of vapour and its non addictive...read the DIY liquid section of the forum...
if you must do this,then the 901 is probably the best ecig for you...it performs well,its tough,reliable and cheap to buy and maintain...
I didn't know that vaping a flavor will not give the user the same (or even a close) resemblance of the flavor origin. That's news.
If some 0's are not exactly 0's, then the information presented on the suppliers' websites may be (is?) misleading.

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
Popa,its usually a distinct enough flavour,but not exactly as potent as the original flavour its based on...we're talking about vapour after all...

eg...coffee can taste a bit like coffee,but it doesnt give the same strength of flavour as a cup of coffee,if you see what i mean...its kind of a hint of coffee...like how coffee smells rather than tastes,if that makes sense...

maybe some people are different,but thats how it goes with me...

as for the nic amounts in zero nic liquids...well,trace amounts-very small,and its hard to say theyre always there anyway...you must understand Popa-this liquid is produced in China(apart from Johnsons Creek in the USA),and its unregulated and mostly untested...we dont really know if its even safe to inhale longterm yet...we just figure its not going to be as harmful as cigarettes...but we are still as addicted to nicotine as when we smoked-maybe more so...thats why i encourage you to avoid nicotine at all costs...

TheEmperorOfIceCream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
London, UK
First off, I'm not a real smoker, more like a geeky smoker, who only smokes to produce the smoke itself, looking cool at the same time.

Popa

I gotta take issue with this, largely because I've been there and it was a huge mistake. I wasn't a real smoker either, but here I am 30 years later sucking on a lightsabre as my last hope of not dying horribly of cancer. Along the way I've dropped enough cash to have bought two houses outright, furred the shít out of my arteries and at least halved my sperm count.

If you want to look cool, buy shades. Stay the hell away from this.

With love

Emp

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
Popa

I gotta take issue with this, largely because I've been there and it was a huge mistake. I wasn't a real smoker either, but here I am 30 years later sucking on a lightsabre as my last hope of not dying horribly of cancer. Along the way I've dropped enough cash to have bought two houses outright, furred the shít out of my arteries and at least halved my sperm count.

If you want to look cool, buy shades. Stay the hell away from this.

With love

Emp
ha ha...nicely put as always...
good to see you back Emp...:)

Popa

Dec 18, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
...its kind of a hint of coffee...like how coffee smells rather than tastes,if that makes sense...
...but we are still as addicted to nicotine as when we smoked-maybe more so...thats why i encourage you to avoid nicotine at all costs...
Yes, actually it makes perfect sense. And yes, your point about nicotine is very well taken.
...I gotta take issue with this, largely because I've been there and it was a huge mistake. I wasn't a real smoker either, but here I am 30 years later sucking on a lightsabre as my last hope of not dying horribly of cancer...
Dude, it's 30 years. You are talking about real cigarettes, are you not? If yes, stressing Darcy's point, I am aware of nicotine's addictive property, and what I'm saying is that by buying the 0-nicotine cartridge + bottle, I am greatly reducing a chance of becoming addicted to it. By the way, what I forgot to mention in my first post was that if I do smoke, I only smoke 1 (I actually counted them) cigarette per week. Yes, per week, because I understand that contemporary regular cigarettes contain harmful chemicals and smoking them may (and does) lead to certain health problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread