Aaron from A Billion Lives responds to questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Hi all,

I spoke with Aaron Biebert yesterday and asked him if he'd shoot a little video about A Billion Lives, explaining a few things that have come up on ECF and elsewhere... and, being the gent he is, he obliged with this:

Please sign up for Billion Lives updates here: www.abillionlives.com

And, how about a quick call to your local movie theatre to ask them when they'll be showing it?

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Thanks @Oliver :wub:

Sharing as usual :D

In response to Bharat above:

Studies have shown that vaping does not lead to smoking.
Nicotine, on its own, is not addictive to never smokers. Something in the smoking of cigs creates the dependence. Whether it be the combustion creating a chemical addiction or the chemical cocktail in cigarette tobacco.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
This is all depends on how we take this product.
If it is an alternative and helps to quit smoking,then it is OK.
If it is an alternative but some new users may develop ,then
it is not OK.

Vaping has been demonized by the competition (true tobacco products that burn tobacco and make smoke) and by those who want to see anything resembling smoking to go away. Anything that tells the truth about vaping is good for the industry and will help to save lives that would have been taken by cigarettes.

It's the propaganda stream that causes vaping to be considered as a product that extends smoking and still causes early death. We know that vaping is relatively harmless compared to smoking. The public needs to know the truth.

I like to make my point using everyday products for comparison. Occasionally, someone will see me vaping and inform me that it's as bad as smoking. I explain what's in it and usually comment that nicotine isn't a carcinogen. As for the rest of what's in vape juice I point out that PG and VG and flavorings are in hundreds of products we eat, drink, rub on our skin, and use to flavor food we eat. It's in our soft drinks to reduce foaming. It's in our toothpaste and deodorant, hand lotions, and mouthwash. It's used as a thickener in foods and sauces to enhance creaminess. And yes, it's in my vape, but it's been proven to be harmless! PG is even used in hospitals in a fog to deliver medicines to the lungs to heal them.

Last edited:

Oliver

Admin
Verified Member
it is not OK.
@BHARAT ARORA, I think this is a little binary - do you not agree that there are multiple possible outcomes?

One outcome, for example, is where we see more users of nicotine than we have currently, but far less death and disease, because nicotine is being used via much safer delivery mechanism (i.e. NOT smoking, which is the killer).

In this scenario, both of your "outcomes" are true, but the benefit to public health is clear, no?

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Thank you for sharing this and posting the notice at the top of the forum.

I know Aaron stated in his interview with White Cloud Electronics that they are concerned with the lack of vaper support. They need social media attention, likes, shares, like the web site, share the web site. The more vapers are behind this, the more credibility they have. If vapers don't support this, why should the media or anyone else support it?

Oliver

Admin
Verified Member
Thank you for sharing this and posting the notice at the top of the forum.

I know Aaron stated in his interview with White Cloud Electronics that they are concerned with the lack of vaper support. They need social media attention, likes, shares, like the web site, share the web site. The more vapers are behind this, the more credibility they have. If vapers don't support this, why should the media or anyone else support it?

Yeah, he's quite right. Honestly, I'm not so sure I really understand how to get vapers' attention anymore! This is the one to rally around, of that there's no doubt in my mind.

gnees

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Zephyrhills Fl.
Thanks for sharing.[emoji4]
uploadfromtaptalk1466091389673.jpg

Von Vape

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2016
Oliver, THANK YOU!

Honestly, I'm not so sure I really understand how to get vapers' attention anymore!
Unfortunately, that is the problem. I first started noticing 10 or 15 years ago that society was becoming the "ME" society, not caring about much of anything except that "they" had theirs. I'd like to think there is a return to contributing to the common good and fighting for a common cause but I fear that is not the case. Government has divided and conquered by giving everyone a little "something" and sneaking the pie away without notice.

Further, the other thread encouraging support for this film, Billion Lives Needs Help , is now 7 pages long but I'm only seeing the same hand full of people posting that they DO support this film &/or they are trying to help in some simple way. I realize this page just got posted but the numbers are even weaker.

According to the "stats sheet" there are 244,795 members on this board (nearly A QUARTER MILLION PEOPLE!!!) and this is the amount of interest that is shown??? I don't get it either, Oliver!

This is the one to rally around, of that there's no doubt in my mind.
^ ^ ^ ^ WHAT HE SAID!!! ^ ^ ^ ^

:cool: Von Vape :cool:

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
First.......Finally, THIS is what we have needed. It is great to see non-vapers getting involved in our fight! The BBC show, now this. Thanks for sharing this.

it is not OK.
You have to ask yourself, as do others with this point of view, how many of these new users would likely pick up smoking, or experiment with something else. It would be a difficult to predict, but if they are curious enough, or impressionable enough, to try vaping, I would guess the likelihood would be high they would try something else in the absence of e-cigarettes.

Both of my sons (18 and 21) picked up vaping, neither of them smoked. Given that they took to vaping, I would venture to guess they would be at higher risk to have picked up smoking at some point. Thanks to vaping, that won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread