Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
So far I've been making my liquid from squeezed high nicotine cartridges, veg. glycerine, distilled water and vanilla extract. What I'm wondering is what other additives are being used in home brew. My understanding of ingredients considered probably safe (for health and atomiser) are:

propylene glycol
vegetable glycerine
alcohol
flavourings and extracts

I'm trying out xylitol in my mix now because it's good for teeth among other things.
I bought some organic coconut milk which is coconut extract, water and xanthan gum. I didn't realise it had xanthan gum in it until I checked the can at home. I'm thinking of trying it in a mix anyway and hoping that the gum doesn't gum up my lungs or atomiser.

Someone on the forum said s/he was inhaling a liquid that had vitamin E in it. Is anyone inhaling anything else that might be useful to know about? I'm particularly interested in healthy additives although interesting flavours or good stuff for vapour would be good to know about too.

DeviLFisH

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2008
;)yup I also heard before Vit E !

and actually even real cig got vit E if I am not wrong is from germany tabocca company ..but most countries don;t encourage it ...
cos is misleading like a health cig. smoke and give vit e !

I was thinking now ....hope dr loi got redman extract soon to analsyia how it go and next hope frds in here can give some extract which is healthy example purely vit e or vit c ..which easy to find in many countries.

becos I don;t wish to order any nicotine cart when my cart run up soon

so far I find is not the nicotine ....I seem miss some kind of strong smell I want which will stay in my nose after e puff...

I believe I can go without nicotine..as long it simlutate smoking is good .

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
I've been dripping a mix containing xylitol onto my atomiser for a few hours now. It isn't sickly sweet as I expected, it's smooth, subtle and pleasant. What's interesting is that my mouth isn't dry as it usually is, I think the xylitol is making me salivate more. It's a bit too soon to tell if it's doing anything else. So far I don't think it's messing up my atomiser.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Oh Strider, be careful. I wouldn't use that to inhale if I was you, there might be allsorts of impurities in it. You want food or pharmaceutical grade vegetable glycerine, the purer the better. I found some on ebay. Somebody here had advice on where to get it in the States but I can't remember where that information is. I'll let you know if I find it.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Has anyone considered adding a couple of drops of liquid caffeine?

To be honest, no, mainly because I want to be inhaling as little as possible!

Be careful with any experiments with stimulant chemicals - they may be introduced into your body very rapidly.

Oh Strider, be careful. I wouldn't use that to inhale if I was you, there might be allsorts of impurities in it. You want food or pharmaceutical grade vegetable glycerine, the purer the better. I found some on ebay. Somebody here had advice on where to get it in the States but I can't remember where that information is. I'll let you know if I find it.

I bought some liquid labelled "Glycerin B.P. (Glycerol)" from Boots the Chemist that they assured me was vegetable glycerine. Haven't used it yet, waiting to clear my first batch of nicotine juice, but it was dirt cheap at £2 for 200ml.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Kate. This stuff says it's 100% glycerol so I'll go with it.

I used to brew beers and wines and wondered about trying some of that technology on making e-juice. I ran my cooked tobacco juice through a couple of wine-making filters and it took out a lot of the crap, but it's still not clear enough to simmer down yet. Anyone know if wine finings would work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread