Status
Not open for further replies.

empteeteacup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tampa, FL
I just received 3 bottles of Nicoticket liquid today - CLS, Frenilla, and Wakonda - and all 3 bottles have a strong, almost alcohol-y smell to them. All 3 bottles were produced in October of last year, so it seems to me that they should be adequately steeped. I filled a tank with Wakonda, and not only does it taste kind of odd (like a synthetic coffee candy) but it's really harsh on the throat. Is this typical for Nicoticket? I've so been looking forward to receiving this order, since everyone rants and raves about them, but I'm just feeling disappointed at the moment.

empteeteacup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tampa, FL
Man, all 3 of those are the best of the best to me and many others. What device, wicking, coil ohm and wattage are you vaping on. Try them on a minimum of 1.2 ohms at 15 watts.

I'm just starting out, so I'm vaping with a Halo Triton right now. Nothing fancy, but I've been getting good flavour out of every other brand of liquid I've tried. Maybe their line is meant more for fancier builds? Not sure. I'm just hoping I got a weird batch of their vanilla. All of those rave reviews can't be wrong. I shot Nicoticket an email, so we'll see what they say.

danibanani

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
I'm just starting out, so I'm vaping with a Halo Triton right now. Nothing fancy, but I've been getting good flavour out of every other brand of liquid I've tried. Maybe their line is meant more for fancier builds? Not sure. I'm just hoping I got a weird batch of their vanilla. All of those rave reviews can't be wrong. I shot Nicoticket an email, so we'll see what they say.

Yes. Clark and Katy (the owners) are very serious about customer service issues. Drop them a line on their contact page found here: http://www.nicoticket.com/contact-us/

Beau or Josh might answer, too, but are equally as nice.

WeirdWillie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2014
Houston, Texas
I just received 3 bottles of Nicoticket liquid today - CLS, Frenilla, and Wakonda - and all 3 bottles have a strong, almost alcohol-y smell to them. All 3 bottles were produced in October of last year, so it seems to me that they should be adequately steeped. I filled a tank with Wakonda, and not only does it taste kind of odd (like a synthetic coffee candy) but it's really harsh on the throat. Is this typical for Nicoticket? I've so been looking forward to receiving this order, since everyone rants and raves about them, but I'm just feeling disappointed at the moment.

Judging by the two post you have posted about Nicoticket and how you feel they have odd taste, why don't you just list them in the for sale thread and cut your losses.
[edited]
Mods this is not an attempt to circumvent the For Sale-Trade Thread but an attempt to help a fellow vapor in their quest for the perfect vape.

Last edited by a moderator:

empteeteacup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tampa, FL
Judging by the two post you have posted about Nicoticket and how you feel they have odd taste, why don't you just list them in the for sale thread and cut your losses.
[edited]
Mods this is not an attempt to circumvent the For Sale-Trade Thread but an attempt to help a fellow vapor in their quest for the perfect vape.

Thanks for the offer. I'm trying to get in touch with the Nicoticket team to see if they can send me new bottles. In pretty convinced that I just received a weird batch, since I'm actually pretty easy to please, and I've loved everything else that got good reviews from other forum members. If I get the new bottles and they're still not to my taste, I'll list them.

Thanks everyone for your feedback! I really appreciate it!

Moonbogg

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Whittier, CA, USA
I'm vaping Wakonda right now. I noticed that for my build I have to lower the watts a little or it sometimes hits the throat harder than usual. With wattage slightly lowered, it smoothes out perfectly. All those juices you mentioned are among the best I've ever had. Good luck and try lowering the power for the Wakonda.

WeirdWillie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2014
Houston, Texas
Thanks for the offer. I'm trying to get in touch with the Nicoticket team to see if they can send me new bottles. In pretty convinced that I just received a weird batch, since I'm actually pretty easy to please, and I've loved everything else that got good reviews from other forum members. If I get the new bottles and they're still not to my taste, I'll list them.

Can you post a pic of your batch numbers?
I'm pretty sure I have juice from the same batch's.
I buy at least 120ml every two weeks to rotate into my steep stash, so I'm sure I have at least 120ml of each from the same batch's.
20150117_212817_Guin[1].jpg 20150117_212958_Amurwood_Dr[1].jpg

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014

So send you new bottles in addition to what you have and "if" they're the same you will list them??? Just curious you planning on sending the "bad juice" back to them?

ReigntheGamer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Can you post a pic of your batch numbers?
I'm pretty sure I have juice from the same batch's.
I buy at least 120ml every two weeks to rotate into my steep stash, so I'm sure I have at least 120ml of each from the same batch's.
View attachment 404819 View attachment 404820

Good point, I have three bottles of Wakonda in my steep box now, one of which I happen to vaping on as I type. Please list your batch numbers.

empteeteacup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tampa, FL
So send you new bottles in addition to what you have and "if" they're the same you will list them??? Just curious you planning on sending the "bad juice" back to them?

If they request it, yes. I'm not a complete and utter .......... I wouldn't request new ones unless I was pretty damn sure something was off. Judging from the comments of others here, something IS off here. If it makes you feel better, I'll trash the juice of, in fact. It's just my taste buds that are weird. $.04 a ml probably wouldn't even cover shipping anyway. Good juice down the drain, and it's all your fault.

Last edited:

ReigntheGamer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
If they request it, yes. I'm not a complete and utter .......... I wouldn't request new ones unless I was pretty damn sure something was off. Judging from the comments of others here, something IS off here. If it makes you feel better, I'll trash the juice of, in fact. It's just my taste buds that are weird. $.04 a ml probably wouldn't even cover shipping anyway. Good juice down the drain, and it's all your fault.

LOL That's fine I will take the blame, not the first time someone has blamed me for something that is completely not my fault.

ReigntheGamer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Nobody takes juice back RTG, because it has been opened and cannot in good faith be resold.

T

Yeah I know but asking for more bottles without sending back a defective product??? And sorry if I am mistaken but I am quite sure they have taken back questionable juice and "tested" it i.e. Clark vaped it to see if it was off. I didn't think it was going to be resold I am not a dumba^^ tyvm Trunker.

c3scott

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
PA
I didn't see if you tried all of the bottles. I've been vaping for about 2 1/2 months and I'm still trying to find my favorite vape. So far nickoticket has been my favorite and I have reordered some including CLS. I looked at an empty bottle and it was from 10/14 and it was great. The one thing I will say that many raved over the virus and I found it not to my liking at all, though I have let it steep and I now mix it with CB and ACB. I would be interested in hearing how the others tasted.

WeirdWillie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2014
Houston, Texas

I took looked at my stash and do have some October batches and just smelled and taste tested a sample of each Wakonda and Frenilla and compared to samples from August I smell no difference, taste wise I don't taste anything odd or out of the ordinary, can't really compare it to my deep steeped batch for obvious reasons, but my Nicoticket enlightened pallet tells me that they are good, only immature and need to age another month or so, and should be awesome around end of February to March.

Now keep in mind I'm a little .... about my juices, and have learned how long to steep them, what voltage, wattage. temperature, coil resistance and wicking method to use to achieve the flavor, and vaping experience that I like, now what I like may not be for you.

[edited]

empteeteacup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tampa, FL
I took looked at my stash and do have some October batches and just smelled and taste tested a sample of each Wakonda and Frenilla and compared to samples from August I smell no difference, taste wise I don't taste anything odd or out of the ordinary, can't really compare it to my deep steeped batch for obvious reasons, but my Nicoticket enlightened pallet tells me that they are good, only immature and need to age another month or so, and should be awesome around end of February to March.

Now keep in mind I'm a little .... about my juices, and have learned how long to steep them, what voltage, wattage. temperature, coil resistance and wicking method to use to achieve the flavor, and vaping experience that I like, now what I like may not be for you.

[edited]

Yes, my batches were from 10/28 (Wakonda) 10/24 (CLS) and 10/27 (Frenilla). $.40/ml makes much more sense, haha. I have 30ml of Strawnilla coming on Tuesday (ordered before this whole debacle) that you may be interested in as well, should it prove to be a dud also. I suppose that will be the deciding factor: if I hate a Nicoticket juice that will most likely be coming from a different batch, then I suppose their in house vanilla just doesn't agree with me. I put In the application to become a verified member, so I'll be gaining access to the classies soon, hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread