allergy to nickel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

macis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2015
None that I know of as far as self tests, anything medical I advise getting a medical professional involved, especially with allergies.

Ti1 with the 150tc is no problem, it will still run in TC mode, just have to set the TC ceiling on the mod 100F lower than Ni200.
can sig 150tc runs titanium? i read sm comments on youtube, but not sure how true is that.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
hi all, how do u know if u r allergy to nickel before u purchased ur 1st TC mod?

Typically people notice nickel allergies when they have nickel contact their skin for a while. From what I've seen since TC has become available most people who have nickel contact allergy are fine vaping nickel wire.

can sig 150tc runs titanium? i read sm comments on youtube, but not sure how true is that.

I have a VS DNA40 and a DNA40 clone. Neither has a titanium mode. I've run both with Ti, the only thing is the temperature calibration is off. Setting them at around 330 deg F starts to scorch dry cotton which means the temperature is actually around 410 because that is actually where cotton scorches. I prefer Ti over Ni and this works very well for me.

I don't have a Sigelei 150 TC but I see no reason to think it will not be able to handle Ti as well as the DNA40 does.

Reactions: David Wolf

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
there is a way to test for it.... get some Ni200 wire, twist up a bunch into a "rope" make a ring out of it, wear it for a few days. If you develope a rash,blisters, itching, redness, oozing sores where the metal is touching your skin, then you will know you have an allergy....

what I would like to know is if those people with Ni allergies are affected by Ni200 wire when vaping? also.... do they handle change ( nickles dimes quarters etc) without any issues?

Reactions: David Wolf

Alex.H

Sep 19, 2015
I guess you are adult, so you should already know if you are alergic to nickles. It's a common alloy in some sorts of steel. Typical stainless steel is one example.

To be real sure, follow Bunnykillers advice:
there is a way to test for it.... get some Ni200 wire, twist up a bunch into a "rope" make a ring out of it, wear it for a few days. If you develope a rash,blisters, itching, redness, oozing sores where the metal is touching your skin, then you will know you have an allergy.... [...]

macis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2015
I guess you are adult, so you should already know if you are alergic to nickles. It's a common alloy in some sorts of steel. Typical stainless steel is one example.

To be real sure, follow Bunnykillers advice:
I've worn stainless steel when i was young, didn't get any reaction from it. just unsure how's it compared to vaping thou.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread