Alternatives to Halo Menthols?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR 137

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Albany, NY, USA
I've been vaping Halo juices exclusively since I started. My favorite was their Menthol Ice. It used to taste like a clean menthol with a touch of syrupy/sugary sweetness to it. It was the perfect balance to me. Now several months later, I think my taste buds and nose recovered from 20 years of a pack a day cig habit.

I get this very odd taste and smell from it that I can't really describe. It happened all of a sudden, and at first I thought I burned a coil or something was wrong with my tank. A new tank and coil didn't change anything. After I smelled it in the bottle, I thought the juice went bad. After I ordered another bottle, I came to the conclusion that my taste buds and nose recovered.

I don't taste/smell it in Halo's other menthols or other juices. While I still vape their Mystic menthol, it's not getting the job done. I really like their Voodoo and Tiki Juice, but they don't keep me from smoking. Since I started tasting it, I've been smoking 2-3 cigs a day and feel like vaping just holds me over until I have another cig. When menthol ice tasted right, I had zero desire to smoke.

I've read the countless threads about menthol juices here, but I figured I'd ask...

I'm looking for a clean and slightly sweet tasting menthol juice. Not spearmint flavored, not peppermint flavored. By descriptions on some vendors' sites, a lot of stuff I'd be interested in seem like fruit flavors with menthol rather than menthol with a touch of something else. Menthol with say a drop or two of something like cherry, watermelon, etc. would be great.

I also want USA made stuff.

I was thinking Heather's Heavenly Vapes, but I'm not sure.

Any suggestions?

PS - Please no Halo bashing. I saw a few threads turn really ugly. Everyone like what they like for whatever reason they like it for.

BradleyNIN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I started with Halo juices. I was with you. I enjoyed them while I had them and my tastebuds outgrew them.

If you like menthol, you should consider doing a little DIY. Thats where I went next. Order a small bottle of PG/VG and get some menthol crystals from ebay. The crystals will disolve making concentrated menthol, so you can give anything you like a spike. You can get any kind of fruit flavor from Mount Baker Vapors for $3.

But, to answer your question, after Halo I branched out. I liked the Arctic Wolf from VaporGod. I also liked a particular blueberry menthol that my local B&M. I also like adding a few squirts of menthol to "tigers blood", a fruity coconut juice.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
If you want to stick with Halo, try hx3. I love it and it feels like a menthol to me. I don't know if they classified it as a menthol, but it should be. I really like it.

felt the same way when I had in prefilled carto's
later when I got the liquid it was nasty in a clearo
tried to vape it but ended up tossing 25 ml's

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
Good Ejuice's Lab Made Items: eliquid | e cigarette liquid | e liquid | e juice | ejuice Think Halo quality, but lower prices. The menthols are at the bottom of the page.

well, same price as halo with the halo discount...
$17.99 vs. $18.99
anyway... good juice...

goodejuice = emerald square
totally wicked = xxx menthol
Evo = frostbite

these are lab juices like halo... not many others out there.

TraceyS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
Mr. Eliquid has a great menthol, I use full strength at 18mg. It is really a good menthol....no minty tastes at all. I have now discovered their Ice Line. Oh my, some are so so and still steeping but I REALLY, REALLY love their Bubble Ice. Bubble gum all day :) Next their Raspberry is really good, and the last one I really like is Cola Ice. Ice cold coke. :) I think you will like them! :) They have a vendor subforum here.

Tracey

ps I ordered several Halo's but was already spoiled on mr eliquid so I sold the Halo :)

zhentipede

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
California, USA
did u try the cool mist from Halo? one of my adv

I've been vaping Halo juices exclusively since I started. My favorite was their Menthol Ice. It used to taste like a clean menthol with a touch of syrupy/sugary sweetness to it. It was the perfect balance to me. Now several months later, I think my taste buds and nose recovered from 20 years of a pack a day cig habit.

I get this very odd taste and smell from it that I can't really describe. It happened all of a sudden, and at first I thought I burned a coil or something was wrong with my tank. A new tank and coil didn't change anything. After I smelled it in the bottle, I thought the juice went bad. After I ordered another bottle, I came to the conclusion that my taste buds and nose recovered.

I don't taste/smell it in Halo's other menthols or other juices. While I still vape their Mystic menthol, it's not getting the job done. I really like their Voodoo and Tiki Juice, but they don't keep me from smoking. Since I started tasting it, I've been smoking 2-3 cigs a day and feel like vaping just holds me over until I have another cig. When menthol ice tasted right, I had zero desire to smoke.

I've read the countless threads about menthol juices here, but I figured I'd ask...

I'm looking for a clean and slightly sweet tasting menthol juice. Not spearmint flavored, not peppermint flavored. By descriptions on some vendors' sites, a lot of stuff I'd be interested in seem like fruit flavors with menthol rather than menthol with a touch of something else. Menthol with say a drop or two of something like cherry, watermelon, etc. would be great.

I also want USA made stuff.

I was thinking Heather's Heavenly Vapes, but I'm not sure.

Any suggestions?

PS - Please no Halo bashing. I saw a few threads turn really ugly. Everyone like what they like for whatever reason they like it for.

zhentipede

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
California, USA
although i also purchase other juice... i am certainly hooked oh Halo juice....

20130408_222205.jpg

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I really, really, really, really dislike mint vapes. I hunted for a menthol with none in it. Mr E Liquids Menthol makes me happy. I've recommended it to others who also like it so... there ya have it. It comes Full, Medium and Light. I recommend the house blend PG/VG. Its as you've described Halo as far as just a touch of sweeness. You can find it in both the Signature area and regular one. I've never tasted any tobacco flavor in it nor has anyone I've asked so I don't know why its even in the Signature area. I also use it to add a bit of menthol to all my juices. Also, if you like fruits, all the "Ices" have it in them. They're good if ya like that kind of thing.

JR 137

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Albany, NY, USA
did u try the cool mist from Halo? one of my adv

I've tried all Halo's menthols and have mixed them all a bunch of ways. Nothing 100% gets me completely keeps me off cigarettes the way menthol ice used to for some reason.

I really like Halo's Tiki Juice and Voodoo. For some reason unbeknownst to me, I have to take a drag or two of a menthol flavor when I'm done to feel satisfied. What can I say, I'm odd; that's my only explanation.

Gr8Scott

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
Ifaitoldzya, Umytszlapmi
Vermillion River E Juice's Minnesota Menthol.

It's (with the exception of the recipe below) the best in the charted universe.

But the best?

My Menthadilla Whip:

MDW-Pub.jpg

It's formulated purposely so that (if you use VG as a carrier base) no PG is required to be added to the recipe. DIY is a lot easier than it seems at first. And cheeeeeeeeeeeeeap :D

I am primarily a menthol liking person. And this is the best, not bragging just saying. I have sample dozens of menthols and the only thing even slightly near as good as my MenthadillaWhip is Vermillion River E Juice's Minnesota Menthol.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
I'm going to try a few different Mr E Liquid and Goodejuice flavors. I'll try others as well, but I'll start with those.

HHV keeps my interest with their add menthol option. Has anyone tried a regular flavor and added menthol? Anyone tried the heavy menthol option?

HHV I added menthol to shadow and all I got was mint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread