Analog vs E-cig "feeling"

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr1age

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
New York, New York
alttabme.com
Does anyone notice that an analog is a more mellow feeling than an e-cig. I sometimes find that the ecig rather than calming me like a real cig did it can sometimes make me more anxious and more like a pure hit of nicotine, sorta like the patch can do, teeth grinding and all.

Anyone with similar experiences?

Beequeen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2009
Honolulu
www.flickr.com
Yes, I definitely notice this as well. In the beginning, when I was smoking 36 mg juice, I was pretty jumpy and had a difficult time falling asleep, lol! It was also scary when I "drank" some juice that was leaking from the mouthpiece and launched into big time heart arrythmia. But that was when I first started, and now I'm very conscious about not swallowing ;-). I do still feel like I am overdoing it on occassion, because I'll feel like crap.

tr1age

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
New York, New York
alttabme.com
It seems weird that I have the exact opposite effects I vape 36Mg like a mad man and it is extremely calming. I may just be a maniac, who knows. These last three days that I have been vaping I feel like I can concentrate more, and relax. Who knows it seems everyone takes to vaping a different way.

I went from 24 to 16 now to 11

11 is less jumpy heart than the others but man the sweaty hands and shakey head still exist.

Been talking to others perhaps it is an adverse reaction to PG.

Only time will tell, have some VG now.

But I do miss my mellow from a real cig at times.

So what is this I hear about it extending the effects of nicotine.. is that a good or a bad thing lol

Last edited:

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
You are probably right that analogs mellow you more than e cigs, but I'll tell you what, I would always get so tired and feel yucky a lot from analogs and now since starting this, yes, I'm even a little more hyper, but I'm not having that horrible tired feeling that I got from all the chemicals in analogs, so I like this feeling MUCH better.

mikeallison

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Nashville, TN
I've only been vaping for a few weeks, but I'm loving the feeling from not smoking analogs. I've got way more energy and sleep so much better (although it does still take longer to get to sleep). My sinuses feel 300% better and I can breathe and smell again!

I've noticed if I constantly vape, I miss out on the relaxation an analog would provide. However, if I wait awhile it comes right back.

I went from a pack of Winston Ultralights a day to about 1ml 18mg a day.

Kitabz

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
UK
I know my temper is on a much shorter fuse and just about everything threatens to push me over the edge..... After 3 months, I don't think it's cig withdrawal anymore...

Glad it's not just me, I was banging my desk drawer the other day because it was sticky - this is just so not usual for me, I used to be very calm (possibly thanks to 30 camels a day).

And my colleague's very loud typing is really driving me insane (I have to listen to music with headphones because I just want to break her keyboard in half).

Oddly, I'm having to shave more frequently also so I'm wondering if there's a hormonal component to all of this...

krewblink

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
California
Havent Had these feelings yet. But I just feel that Analogs make me feel yucky, I cant even run a lap without weezing and gasping for air, And im only 21 years old! I hate having to Spray Tons of cologne on to cover up the cig smell. But i feel like The E-Cig By far beats Analogs any day. Hmm No cancer Or cancer? U pick

Bellinghamster

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2008
Bellingham, WA USA
Does anyone notice that an analog is a more mellow feeling than an e-cig. I sometimes find that the ecig rather than calming me like a real cig did it can sometimes make me more anxious and more like a pure hit of nicotine, sorta like the patch can do, teeth grinding and all.

Anyone with similar experiences?

Yes, yes, yes! I don't know what it is [and it *could* just be dosage, but I doubt it as I've been experimenting], but there is a real difference here. 30 seconds of using the e-cig, my heart starts pounding [not alarmingly so, but weird], and I feel kinda strung out, jittery, trouble sleeping, etc. I've also been fooling around wih Commit lozenges, occassionaly using them for the first 1/2 of the day insead of e-cigs and I get *very* similar effects.

I smoked additive-free analogs, so I'm not sure if there was a chemical produced in combustion that was "mellowing" the nicotine, but it certainly is a different effect - e-cigs feel more "medicinal" to me.

The nicotine withdrawal is being treated quite well for me with e-cigs, and the "smoking" action is superb - enough to keep me off analogs for the foreseeable future. I really miss the relaxing effect, but I'm trying to balance that against all the benefits.

outofstep

Mar 15, 2009
The first day I started vaping, I vaped like crazy and felt very mellow. Propylene Glycol in high enough doses will have similar effects to alcohol. This may have been why.

"Propylene glycol causes CNS depression similar to that caused by ethanol but it is only one-third as potent."

"Acute: Depression of the CNS may appear as drowsiness, stupor, and rarely as coma."

Propylene glycol (PIM 443)

DCrist721

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Long Island, NY
Analogs have other drugs in them the contribute to the high that you get from smoking them, and also contribute to the addiction. Nicotine itself is not a chemically addictive substance.

Because e-cigs lack these other drugs and only contain nicotine, most people end up using much higher doses of nicotine then they should because they're trying to get the same feeling as smoking an analog.

However, since their intake of nicotine is now much higher then it was when they were smoking analogs, they are experiencing more of the negative side-effects associated with nicotine and stimulants, such as hyperness, grinding teeth, anxiety, short temper, etc.

E-cigs have a long way to go before they start accurately replicating all of the effects that you normally get from an analog high, and until then, people will continue using more nicotine then they normally would (if smoking analogs) because they're trying to replicate that feeling, so they will also continue to experience the negative effects.

Outofstep: That is some interesting information. If PG is 1/3 the potency of ethanol, then that means the PG is nearly as potent as 80 proof liquor like vodka, rum, etc.

Last edited:

Rio Fantastic

May 21, 2009
Analogs have other drugs in them the contribute to the high that you get from smoking them, and also contribute to the addiction. Nicotine itself is not a chemically addictive substance.

Because e-cigs lack these other drugs and only contain nicotine, most people end up using much higher doses of nicotine then they should because they're trying to get the same feeling as smoking an analog.

However, since their intake of nicotine is now much higher then it was when they were smoking analogs, they are experiencing more of the negative side-effects associated with nicotine and stimulants, such as hyperness, grinding teeth, anxiety, short temper, etc.

E-cigs have a long way to go before they start accurately replicating all of the effects that you normally get from an analog high, and until then, people will continue using more nicotine then they normally would (if smoking analogs) because they're trying to replicate that feeling, so they will also continue to experience the negative effects.

Outofstep: That is some interesting information. If PG is 1/3 the potency of ethanol, then that means the PG is nearly as potent as 80 proof liquor like vodka, rum, etc.

Are you stupid? Nicotine is one of the most addictive substances known to man. I think the phenomena posters here are experiencing may be explained by the properties of nicotine itself - in small doses its a stimulant and in high doses its a depressant. So if you smoked a lot of cigarettes but smoke less of your E-cig, then you may be just feeling the stimulation. Then when you smoke lots of your E-cig, you feel mellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread