Another new vaper - former analog smoker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi :)

After smoking for the better part of 17 years, I started vaping around 2 weeks ago and didn't even finish my last pack of Camels because i fell in love with vaping so much. The half empty pack still sits on my coffee table with a lighter on top and hasn't been touched. I look at it occasionally and just smirk. I thought it would taunt me at first but it never did and now I taunt that half pack of smokes - HaHa can't get me!

My story: My mom's birthday was last week and every year on her birthday, she tried to quit smoking. She had tried gum, patches, pills, hypnotherapy and auriculotherapy; nothing had worked. She had even tried the disposable gas station e-cigs and while they helped, a little, she always went back to the analogs. This year however, she asked me to go with her to a vape shop. She was skeptical at first, worried it would be a sketchy head-shop or something. I asked my buddy at work, who had been vaping for 5 months, for some advice. He suggested we go to VapeRite in Woodstock and boy am I glad we did. We both ended up getting the eGo starter kits with the top coil clearomizers. 2 batteries and 2 tanks. I learned quickly that I wasn't a fan of the top coil and within a couple days had bought a few BCC EVOD tanks. My buddy at work has been tremendous, giving me advice along the way so I don't get overwhelmed and even letting me try some juices he has. Long story short, mom is off the analogs and feels she will definitely be able to quit for good now. She is sticking with what works for her, VapeRite's Mystic Menthol juice and she has since upgraded her tank but we are both off analogs and couldn't be happier with vaping.

I've since bought a Kanger mini Pro Tank II (and will be buying a backup or two very soon). I love it. I have tried a dozen or more different juices but my first love is VapeRite's VR4 juice. I love the taste of Boba's Bounty (Raisin Bran for sure)and Gorilla Juice (Perfect banana-y tobacco-y blend) too. I didn't like BW Casablanca at all. HHV Serendipity was good and I've learned what Mount Baker is all about (Hawk Sauce in the mail). I'm not sure that I will be upgrading to mods any time soon, My Vision Spinners work just fine for me ... except my buddy just texted me about a sale on the MVP2 ... very tempted. I've watched countless YouTube video reviews and blogs and I've been lurking on these forums for a few days so I decided to throw my hat in the ring.

Things I've learned so far:
The EVOD BCC are far better than the top coil clearomizers i got in my starter kit but the Kanger mini Pro Tank II is even better than that.
I like the sweeter juices, curbs my sweet tooth too.
I'm not a fan of the harsh Throat Hit. I'm okay with a mild TH.

Thanks for reading (if you got this far! HAHA)

Jaymiah :2cool:

Welcome to ECF Jaymiah. It looks like you guys are both on the right track and congrats on leaving the stinkies behind.

The information on mods and juices and atomizers and cartomizers and drip and......... can be quite overwhelming but this site sure helps alot. I've been vaping for almost 2 months now and still have only my 1300 uturn vv's and kanger protanks, they work excellently, I think I might board the upgrade train soon though. Enjoy the ride.

Calm Down and Vape On

Steve0311

Oct 19, 2013
NY, USA
Hello from a fellow new forum member/vaper. Although I've had a different experience with what I like (using an ego Triton, like the heavy duty throat hit instead of a milder one), I hear you on the leftover pack of cigarettes thing. Because I'm an idiot, I had bought SIX cartons of smokes about a week before I got it into my head to try vaping. I ordered some gear and juices after some research, telling myself I was gonna taper off, mixing the analogs and vaping until I could completely come off the tobacco. On my first day, I had 1 Marlboro Red out of a pack, and that was it. That pack is still sitting next to my computer along with several cartons of smokes, and honestly I have very little temptation to go back to them. Good luck!

Steve0311

Oct 19, 2013
NY, USA
Wow man! One would think there is still a market for those cartons. Not that I am trying to advocate advocating smoking, but just to try and recoup some of your cost, you know?

I was thinking that too! Don't doubt me my friend, I have been BEATING MYSELF UP for ordering those things, and then ordering gear/juices on top of that. I just don't know what to do with them! I could probably give them away, but who is gonna buy cartons of cigs out of the back of my car? Haha. I don't know enough smokers anymore. The cheap side of me wants to smoke them simply because I paid for them and I am a petty person, but that's totally irrational. I may end up having to dump em. Decisions decisions.

Jiovanni

Oct 10, 2013
SC
Welcome and grats on 2 weeks! Ill warn you now on upgrading, once you start its hard to stop just like smoking. Personally quitting smoking by vaping was an easy switch but quitting buying new vape gear may be impossible at this point lol.

I completely agree with you.

I've been analog-free (well, not really since I enjoy my Vivis analog style) for about 5-6 weeks. In this short time, I've bought more juice, tanks, DIY items, etc. to last me through...um, through anything!

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
I've since bought a Kanger mini Pro Tank II (and will be buying a backup or two very soon). I love it.
Jaymiah :2cool:

just remember to get those authentic Kanger coils to go with your tanks
:D

Edit: just in case you can't get them from local store try here

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread