Anti Banzhaf Movement

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeakerPlayNet

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
USA
www.SpeakerPlay.net
Banzhaf statement regarding reasons against Ecigs: "These include possible contamination, smokers who otherwise would quit instead remaining addicted to nicotine" and his statement "“Until the FDA acts, it is appropriate for attorneys general to act to protect their health of their citizens. The Oregon Attorney General has provided a road map and a precedent for others to follow, and ASH petitions them to do so without delay,” said Banzhaf" (referring to the ban against Ecigs in Oregon).

Who is Banzhaf? He's the director of the ASH movement (Action on Smoking and Health)
"America's First Antismoking Organization"

I am wondering if there is any interest in folks on this board, who have quit analogs who would like to start a collection of letters touting the support of Ecigs and against Banzhaf speaking for them? I would like people, "us", to tell our stories and proclaim our support. I can post said letters in one of two websites, TheEcigJournal.com or SpeakerPlay.Net - I think TheEcigJournal would be more appropriate - that's hubby's site but I can take over getting the pages up for this up in a linked section and organizing it all. Once a month I'd like to print out letters and send to appropriate representative or email them and think it would be a great idea if those writing the letters would also send to their reps (I have a link to finding your reps on the SpeakerPlay.net site) as well as submit the letter.

TO START THIS CAMPAIGN OFF: I would be willing to print and take with me any letters received from now until Wed. night to a meeting I'm attending with one a regional rep for Colorado Senator Mark Udall. I don't care what state you're from, it'll still be a start.

I am partially disabled so I can't go door to door but I can do a lot. I'd be willing to organize this little part of support and verify the email links sent in before posting them. I'd have to do a pro and con to be fair. I'd be willing to set up some surveys as well.

I think the letters should be signed at the very least with our initials (use full names for those who want to but leave this optional) and city, state and zip code. I can even forward via email to these reps and keep track of what is and isn't forwarded.

What do you guys think?

Christine

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
If the campaign was against Banzass himself and the many horrible things he stands for, I would jump on board. As some of us have said many times though, this is not a battle you can fight just for e cigs. The battle is against the entire anti-smoking movement. If it looks like smoking, ASH and Banzass will do what they are doing. E cigs are just another part of the anti-smoking battle, and you cannot successfully fight for e cigs alone.

PlanetScribbles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
Londinium, Brittania
I agree. To fight Bzhf you have to fight the entire notion that some bought and paid for lobbyist has the right to determine your personal lifestyle choices for you. Be that smoking, vaping or whatever. It doesn't cut it to say you are anti-smoking yet pro e-cigs with this guy. You are either with them for the whole or totally against them.
I'd rather take e-cigs totally out of the equation and fight his entire philosophy ie. it's none of his damn business what I do to my body. I am not a number.

KDK

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2010
Fresno Ca. USA
I agree. What business is it of the government or any official of the government how adult citizens choose to live? We know the risks of various behaviors/lifestyles. It is a matter of whether you choose to take the risk or not, and whether you choose to believe what they are telling you or not. In any case, adults have a right to make their own choice, not the government making choices for you. I am also an individual, and will make my own informed choices regardles of what the government says.

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
I encourage many e-cigarette consumers to write to John Banzhaf jbanzhaf@ash.org letting him know that you quit smoking (or reduced cigarette consumption) by switching to (or substituting) e-cigarettes, and how your health has changed since.

Ask him why he wants to force you to switch back to smoking cigarettes or to buy e-cigarettes from a totally unregulated black market.

Ask him why he is trying to protect cigarette markets from competition by far less hazardous e-cigarettes.

And ask him why he continues to lie about the health risks of e-cigarettes.

I've sent him many dozens of e-mails since he began advocating an e-cigarette sales ban, which he deceptively refers to as "FDA regulation". He is fully aware that banning e-cigarette sales is the sole reason for classifying e-cigarettes as drug devices (as the FDA has attempted to do).

SpeakerPlayNet

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
USA
www.SpeakerPlay.net
I encourage many e-cigarette consumers to write to John Banzhaf jbanzhaf@ash.org letting him know that you quit smoking (or reduced cigarette consumption) by switching to (or substituting) e-cigarettes, and how your health has changed since.

Ask him why he wants to force you to switch back to smoking cigarettes or to buy e-cigarettes from a totally unregulated black market.

Ask him why he is trying to protect cigarette markets from competition by far less hazardous e-cigarettes.

And ask him why he continues to lie about the health risks of e-cigarettes.

I've sent him many dozens of e-mails since he began advocating an e-cigarette sales ban, which he deceptively refers to as "FDA regulation". He is fully aware that banning e-cigarette sales is the sole reason for classifying e-cigarettes as drug devices (as the FDA has attempted to do).

This was the kind of response I was hoping to see! What got me especially was the part about many nicotine users would not quit because of ecigs and that is one of his reasons for banning them. Personally I don't care if I were to not quit nicotine but I do care very much that I finally have quit tobacco cigarettes!

I am writing him and cc'ing my representatives!

Chris

PaulB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Virginia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread