Status
Not open for further replies.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
You can't really get many more "sources of information" or "different perspectives" than you will find here, one of the virtues of being the largest e-cig community. ECF is loaded with some of the most intelligent, helpful people i've ever encountered on a forum.

There are many country/state/mod specific forums out there, but when it comes to one large, incredibly diverse group, i don't think it gets much better than ECF.

If it happens in the e-cig world, you're almost guaranteed it will be discussed here.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I've visited some other forums, just for a look see. Ummm no thanks. On one, someone had posted a question, the date was at least a week earlier than when I looked into the forum........there had been zero responses to that question. On another forum.....well lets just say the very worst, most controversial thread you have ever seen on ECF looks like just playing on a different forum I have checked out.

After that, I just decided......I think I'll just stay here.

Skymutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Steel City, PA, USA
I agree with you, twoSmokes, honestly. It just seems like it's nearly impossible to find updated information on something unless it's mod/APV related, and I don't just mean here at ECF. Unless you already know exactly what you have to search for, the information is either outdated, unreliable (or just advertising), or just plain unavailable. Then there's the problem with asking a question and getting an answer that's only semi-related.

Don't even get me started on finding a straight answer

Not vaping related, but I do frequent the discotheque forums often. Great tips on being macho, body glitter, bullybats.

Case in point...

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Depending on what your looking for, I used YouTube a lot for additional help. Like if something didn't make sense in"written words" on how to clean a tank/coil, for example, I would watch the video.

Or if I want more reviews on juices I may Google it on occasion. But honestly, the other forums are like....crickets....completely silent.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Are there any other good vaping and e-cig community sites out there that you'd recommend?

Vaping forum sites, yes. Good...?

Vaping community forum, nuttin' like da ECF!

Just keep in mind dat sum o' dose sites are a black hole (gravitationally) for ECF rejects with venom!!!

bad-idea.gif
Sorry, can't help ya with a non-ECF community forum recommendation...

Skymutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Steel City, PA, USA
My problem is that I'm looking for something that nobody else seems to want, a 510 cigalike that looks stylish and isn't a complete POS. Whenever I ask, I get the usual round of cigalike naysayers who want me to carry a freaking lightsaber around to suck on, or someone who offers a well-intentioned answer by recommending something that still isn't really a cigalike. I'm even open to the idea of buying batteries individually and just building my own PCC to get exactly what I want, but most of the suppliers I've seen so far offer next to no specifications about their products, like size, manufacturer, etc. And that's IF they'll even tell you whether or not their cigalike is a 510, 808, or some other number I don't even know about yet.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My problem is that I'm looking for something that nobody else seems to want, a 510 cigalike that looks stylish and isn't a complete POS. Whenever I ask, I get the usual round of cigalike naysayers who want me to carry a freaking lightsaber around to suck on, or someone who offers a well-intentioned answer by recommending something that still isn't really a cigalike. I'm even open to the idea of buying batteries individually and just building my own PCC to get exactly what I want, but most of the suppliers I've seen so far offer next to no specifications about their products, like size, manufacturer, etc. And that's IF they'll even tell you whether or not their cigalike is a 510, 808, or some other number I don't even know about yet.

The only place I can think of off the top of my head is Panda Evolve Starter Kit
I have their Ego kit and have been pleased with it. Hope this helps.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
My problem is that I'm looking for something that nobody else seems to want, a 510 cigalike that looks stylish and isn't a complete POS. Whenever I ask, I get the usual round of cigalike naysayers who want me to carry a freaking lightsaber around to suck on, or someone who offers a well-intentioned answer by recommending something that still isn't really a cigalike.

Ah Grasshopper, if you truly want to succeed in your earthly vaping sojourn, heed the wisdom of the ECF cosmic totality! What you may desire, may not be what you seek.

Here I hold the only ultimate cig-a-like one can find in this existence...

kungfu_zps88c18d0a.jpg

Last edited:

NiNi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
Paulden, Arizona
The only place I can think of off the top of my head is Panda Evolve Starter Kit
I have their Ego kit and have been pleased with it. Hope this helps.

That was what REALLY got me started. The vape was good and it had 2 batteries so one could be in the charger while you were using the other. It's about 50% off right now.
Here's the link for the additional cartridges. They're half price right now. Clearance

Use this code and you can get a free CE5 Clearomizer, if you're interested: FREECE5 That's one of these things: CE5 Clearomizer - E-LIQUIDATION SALE
Get on their email list, I get coupon codes and clearance/sale notices at least once a week.

Skymutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Steel City, PA, USA
Yup... thanks for the valuable input gentlemen. I don't mean to sound ungrateful or rude, but why, after I even mentioned my distaste for pointless replies, would you feel the need to add to my frustration?

PS, I don't mean you mattiem and nini. I appreciate the helpful input that is actually related to my posts.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
What is it that you are really looking for in respects to a 510 cig alike?

Color ? The size ?

I still use my Joye 510s on occasion and really like the small size of them.

...doesn't use a 510 atty or carto, but the e-roll is a tiny little power house that I just love

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois

I have a 510 PCC kit from Joye 510 Starter Kit Electronic Cigarette kits, parts, accessories - Valley Vapor, and like it a lot. They have extra batteries for sale here Joye 510 battery Electronic Cigarette kits, parts, accessories - Valley Vapor Just pitch the attys and use cartomizers, if that's your preference. Or you can use the attys for testing new flavors, so they won't be a total waste. :)

If you want another (not 510) cigalike kit, that's smaller than the above setup, go here for an eRoll kit. To me, it hits like a real cig. JOYE eRoll Starter Kit - $60.00 : Rocky Mountain Vapor, The Mountain top of Electronic Cigarettes. The last time I bought from them, their coupon code was 20rocky for 20% off. It is more "fiddly" than the 510 but IMO it performs better.

Hope you find what you're looking for. :) :vapor:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
... would you feel the need to add to my frustration?

Skymutt,

If I added to your frustration with my attempt to get a point across with humor, I truly apologize!

You're obviously having issues with da cig-a-likes (C-A-L). I would guess that 98% of us oldsters here did also. This ECF community is sincerely trying to let ya know that if ya want to quit 'bakky and actually enjoy vaping, function trumps form/fashion.

Unfortunately I can't give ya a magic bullet (aka link) to remedy your malady. Dat's due to my finding what works fer moi; and it certainly wasn't a C-A-L!

I would normally suggest ya up your nic, but dat seems to a moot point at dis point.

If you insist on a C-A-L, then hopefully sumpin' will come outta China in your near future.

Again, I'm sorry I aggravated ya!

Good luck in your quest...
thumbsup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread