Status
Not open for further replies.

aheatedatom

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2013
San Francisco
I got my Anyvape Davide in the mail today.

It's not wise to call this a review until I've used it for a few days, but I'm sharing my initial thoughts after a few hours.

First of all, this is a clone of the Protank II that Anyvape managed to get to market about a week earlier than the real thing. I've heard that the Protank II design spec was copied by Anyvape's factory - of course I have no way of knowing if that's true but judging by the design details of the thing it seems very plausible.

My Protank II is still en route so I can't do a comparison just yet, but I can compare it to the build quality of the Protank I; the Davide has thinner glass, and thinner metal, and is lighter weight. If you hold a Protank base and a Davide base, or a Protank beauty ring and a Davide beauty ring in opposite hands, the Davide is lighter and cheaper feeling. Could be a different material, though it's definitely metal or at least metal plated.

Speaking of the beauty ring, the threads are useless. It won't screw down at all on 2 of my devices without starting to seize up (so I won't force it), and on my egos it makes a grinding sound.

Performance wise - I'm running it right now with a 1.8 ohm Kanger evod head. The draw is tighter than a Protank, and close to an Evod with the ring tightened all the way. Flavor wise, not as strong as an Evod.

Vapor production is very good.

I've put one tank through it so far and it doesn't leak or gurgle at any level of fullness, so that's good.

I'll post a more detailed review when I've used it more, and when I have the Protank II in hand for comparison.

Ah...and one more oddity...there's a QR code etched into the metal base of the device. It's so feint it's barely noticeable, if anyone can manage to scan it successfully I'd be curious what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread