Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentEcho13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2010
New York
So guys, it finally came in after the long weight!

Here's my review, expect it to be updated soon with pictures, and a detailed and slightly humorous video review to come very soon.

To start, it's shiny. Very shiny. It arrived in an envelope, simply wrapped with padding and a receipt. No box, nothing. It's no big deal though since I ordered just the tube alone.

I've outfitted it with a freshly charged 2250mah Panasonic 18650 battery.

Design:

The 510 adapter is recessed, and no longer "flush". there is what seems to be a pin that makes contact with the vapor producing unit that you adapt to it, and my guess is that it's adjustable, but I could be wrong. The drip well is nice too, no more spillage from tilting it. My old LT had that issue, and it probably added to its demise.

The eGo adapter is a nice touch, both functionally and aesthetically. It makes the unit look "complex" unlike similarly shaped mods on the market. The end caps are solid, shiny, and do their job. The bottom cap screws in effortlessly, and doesn't bind with the threading anymore.

The Apollo logo is indeed etched on, and it looks AWESOME. The "Volcano" logo peeled off effortlessly, it sucked.

The buttons rattle a little bit, but they now take some effort to press. All the buttons have a satisfying "click", which is very nice. I'm liking these a lot.

The LCD is as expected, nothing special. There is no text on the underside of the screen anymore as well.

The metal is solid, very solid. This is real stainless steel. It weighs practically the same without a battery as my old LT WITH a battery. It's heavy, and putting a battery in makes it heavier. It's got a nice, hefty weight to it, kind of like a car from the 70's.

Did I mention heavy?

Functionality:

It KICKS, and it kicks hard. Out of the box, it drove every atomizer I put on it very nicely. The vapor is thick and delicious too. It's almost like the internals have been "refined" rather than updated. It's no 3.2a limit, but it really doesn't bother me. I compared the "hits" side by side, and the new unit kicks like a premium mod on the market. I might not even want a Provari anymore!

Voltage changes seamlessly, There is no lag/delay on the buttons, as none with the power button either. I have been getting hits where the unit doesn't fire, and I'm hoping that this clears up after a while of use. It's not a huge deal, but it wasn't expected either.

The redesigned 510 connection actually helps deliver a little more airflow to your atty/carto, it fixed my io6's issues for the most part.

Comments and Issues:

None really. I love it and it was worth the wait.

I do hope the non-firing issue settles itself out, and I hope the top cap is redesigned so others can use Vision's on it. I don't use them, but I'm sure many of you do.

Aside from that, it's not easy to clean out the recessed drip well and ego connection, but they serve a damn good purpose.

Thanks for reading guys, and check back for updates!

Sissylala

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Vegas
The redesigned 510 connection actually helps deliver a little more airflow to your atty/carto, it fixed my io6's issues for the most part.

so youre happy with your airflow? Is it a normal airflow for you? Mine is super super airy; and Im wondering if something is just wrong with mine, or......

As it stands, I cant even vape it, its just awful. Take a straw, put it in your mouth. Suck. That's me. Suck :( Im hoping Im just doing something stupid.

Bmays

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
so youre happy with your airflow? Is it a normal airflow for you? Mine is super super airy; and Im wondering if something is just wrong with mine, or......

As it stands, I cant even vape it, its just awful. Take a straw, put it in your mouth. Suck. That's me. Suck :( Im hoping Im just doing something stupid.

What carto, tank, vision, basically whats on top of your tube? I stuck a reg ole Boge Carto in a small 3.5ml tank and the draw on mine is exactly like my eGo batteries. There is no noticeable difference. I know the atty of choice can make a huge difference.

I know airy vapes sucks for me too. I have a rebuild-able APV that the draw is very airy and I had to mod it to correct this otherwise it would bug the crap out me.

Great job with the first official review. Its well worth noting though that the "eGo" style connection does not work with the Vision eGo's I have tested. Seems to be a slight tolerance difference between the normal connector and this one. I'm not sold on the Vision eGo's and prefer tanks but would like to have the option since its supposed to fit.

Sissylala

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Vegas
Ive tried a SR boge with no tank, a SR boge with a Mom & Pop Vapor Shop tank, a LR Boge with a Mom & Pop Vapor Tank, a Vision Stone III from Got Vapes, a Vision Stone II from Got Vapesm, Vision Grande 510 VM 5ML Tankomizer and a few 510 generic atty's I had laying around (I never us atty's normally so Im honestly not sure what kind they are). They all produced the same air flow. Im getting zero resistance. It's almost like there is something missing from mine.

Bmays

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Ive tried a SR boge with no tank, a SR boge with a Mom & Pop Vapor Shop tank, a LR Boge with a Mom & Pop Vapor Tank, a Vision Stone III from Got Vapes, a Vision Stone II from Got Vapesm, Vision Grande 510 VM 5ML Tankomizer and a few 510 generic atty's I had laying around (I never us atty's normally so Im honestly not sure what kind they are). They all produced the same air flow. Im getting zero resistance. It's almost like there is something missing from mine.

Okie Dokie then....LOL Sounds like you pretty well covered that. I'm not sure. Post a pic of the top (from the top) for me. There gotta be something going on.

hbclub

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2011
NY
I also got the same "airy" draw compared to my other lt's. There are two little air holes at the bottom to let leakage out (i guess) that causes this. I added this that I already had for my egotype pv's and it fixed it. - eGo Chrome Cone for the 3.5 mL Dual Coil Tank Cartromizer

I didn't buy from the link, but it's the same part, I think.

Sissylala

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Vegas
Thanks hbclub, Ill give *anything* a try. Ill order one on my next order.

Bmays, my camera is terrible, but desperate times and all ;) I appreciate any and all assistance.

55279bae6a2792a38fceba726fe55908_171034_lrg.jpg

f11924b285186ea3895281c258e72ad2_292842_lrg.jpg

a24fdc70da95f8bddd2d2f151a83294d_251561_lrg.jpg

Bmays

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

walkerknapek

Feb 22, 2012
MN
Mine also doesnt fire. Honestly can you please message me your number so I can talk to you about it. Im very stingy about perfection. And it does fire as long as you press with a good amount of force after you hear the click. Like it will make the click noise, then theres like a point in pushing the button where you have to push just a little bit harder and then you hear it fire. Once again please MP me :/

Bmays

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mine also doesnt fire. Honestly can you please message me your number so I can talk to you about it. Im very stingy about perfection. And it does fire as long as you press with a good amount of force after you hear the click. Like it will make the click noise, then theres like a point in pushing the button where you have to push just a little bit harder and then you hear it fire. Once again please MP me :/

The "main" button is what you are referring to? Hmmm

Bmays

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
No, Not me? I cant get my top cap off like others have. I'll be honest, I've been vaping my other devices and have only admired this one (checked it for functionality of course). SilentEcho13 mentioned a few mis-fires but not like he had to force the button to get it to fire. Maybe PM him and ask him how his is doing after more use.

damselle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2012
New England
I'm loving it....PLUMES of vapor. No miss fires yet. I do notice some airiness, now that you mention it. I have some trouble unscrewing my tanks because they sit so flush. The carto ends up staying screwed on and the tank comes away form the carto, creating a tense moment. This is my first vv, so a big improvement over what I've been using!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread