Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Hey all,

The new Aqua SE by Footoon is launched and now available for purchase. I just ordered mine this afternoon and hope to have it in a couple of days. I will be doing a YouTube review once I get it.

I learnt about it in the Aqua v2 thread but thought it warranted its own thread as hopefully it will become a popular tank like its predecessors.

Footoon has made some optimisations to the Aqua v2, including much better airflow, and the addition of minimal, on/off juice flow control. He's also replaced the positive post PEEK insulator with Ceramic, and has milled the negative post to the deck.

In addition, it is now possible to top-fill the tank by first screwing it down to close off air/juice to the deck, and then removing the top cap, allowing filling the tank quickly with any kind of bottle including dripper bottles.

On the downside, juice capacity is a paltry 2.5ml, and there's no real improvements to the deck - it's still going to be a little small and cramped for some builds. Also, the new ceramic insulator under the positive post means that that post must not be tightened too hard, for fear of breaking the insulator. I am worried this means that we're going to be constantly battling with an unscrewing positive post, because we can't super-tighten it to keep it in place while adjusting the positive screw.

The other big change is that this is now exclusively an RTA - no RDA components included. It's also 304 grade Stainless, down from 316 - I'm not sure what practical difference that makes? Perhaps it's less durable.

These tweaks have brought with them a significant cost reduction: £60 / €80 / $80!

Official photos from Footoon.com:

e40a11_177d61c904c145bfa0829c4159b9ffaa.jpg_srz_p_600_400_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

e40a11_466b037b92a4468db0663740a36d99b5.jpg_srz_p_600_400_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

Footoon himself showing the tank including a build:

Footoon's specs and blurb:

AQUA SE is fully mechanical dual rebuildable tank atomizer for everyone.

Improved everything, even the price, reasonable and affordable. Enjoy.
  • Fully mechanical atomizer for everyone
  • Improved insulator
  • Fixed center post
  • A S S (Air Splitter system)
  • Vertical brushed design
  • Medical grade stainless steel(SUS304F), harmless and easy to clean.
  • Cotton bacon inside
  • CAPACITY
    • 2.5ml
  • MATERIAL
    • Stainless steel - SUS304F (Medical grade)
  • COLOR
    • Vertical Brushed
  • COMPONENT
    • Aqua SE, warranty card, user manual, extra kits
  • TASTE
    • Best

Last edited:

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
My first thoughts on the tank (I wrote this this morning when I first heard of it):

Wow, I don't know how I feel about this.

2.5ml capacity?? :( It's kind of ugly as well. No improvements to the deck, besides milled negative post and ceramic insulator. And now you can't tighten the positive post really tightly, because of that ceramic, meaning that you're going to be at regular risk of the positive unscrewing when you adjust the build (that still happens to me sometimes when I super tighten it with pliers)

But then the new airflow is much bigger, that's some improvement. And the new top filling could be great - as long as it doesn't leak with the closed off juice/airflow, then yeah I do like that. That's the best change for me. I guess the juice control might be useful - at least, the ability to turn it off. But I don't get the point of 'adjusting' juice when the holes are so small - I couldn't imagine having too much juice with the standard four juice holes. If the juice holes were Goliath sized, and then they could be turned down, then that would be a good change.

I adore the Aqua v2 - I have six of them (yeah OK not six authentic..) I just don't know what to think about the new 'SE'. I do like that new top filling method - if it works, that's great, because although I like the accessible-deck filling method of the v2 (and SE), those juice holes are pretty small, so filling from most bottles can take ages. It's fast with a syringe, but then you have to factor in the time to fill that syringe, and overall it still takes some time.

But then I hate the new 2.5ml capacity, am worried about the ceramic insulator meaning the positive post will always be loose, and am disappointed that there's been no improvements to make the deck more spacious with room for more coils. If that 2.5ml capacity had come at the cost of a wider deck, I could understand it - might even prefer it. But the deck is not really any different, and the capacity is lower just because the tank is shorter which annoys the hell out of me - just extend the narrow part of the chimney, and the tanks by a few mm and let's have some useful capacity in there.

I really hope I'm wrong but so far I have to say I'm quite disappointed - it feels like two steps forward, two steps back.

My second thoughts on the tank (written now, after ordering!):

All that said, I did order one as soon as I found it in the UK. £60 for a Footoon original is a great price. I have a lot of Footoon clones so I did think I owed him a genuine purchase, and this is it.

That 2.5ml capacity is the main disappointment, but it does come with the caveat of top-filling which might balance it out somewhat. And perhaps the advantage of the small capacity is also going to be great flavour from a small chimney.

Anyway, we shall see! I will do a YouTube review after I'd had mine a couple of days, so in about a week from now I'd say.

Last edited:
Reactions: dems86

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
I personally can't wait for mine to get here...besides the small juice capacity, I really love the new look and that it top fills, it's gonna be a seckzi little beast sitting a top most mods ;)

THE WGU CLUB
Card Carrying Member/Co-Founder

I'm not surprised, you lucky b......! :) But yeah, I am looking forward to getting mine too, even though I had to pay for it :) I do seriously love the Aqua v2, so although I was pretty disappointed to see what I considered mostly lateral moves, I am reserving full judgement. Footoon knocked the v2 out of the park so I really want to hope that he will here too.

Maybe when I taste the SE I will be like "OMG I see why it's only 2.5ml!"

Maybe I won't. But for £60 I really felt it would be rude not to try it, especially given how many v2 clones I have ;)

And top fill will go a long way to making 2.5ml not seem nearly as bad, perhaps even not noticeable. When I was getting the Lemo 2, my first reaction was "Oh, 3.5ml down from 5ml? Sucks!" But when I actually got it and realised how superbly easy it was to fill, I didn't care at all - I much preferred having a smaller tank I could fill in 20 seconds than a larger that took me minutes and hassle. Perhaps it will be the same here.

Reactions: dems86

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
As an aside, I am wondering whether his decision to call the airflow the A S S (Air Splitter System) is a joke or just failure to understand the translation implications :)

It's perhaps not the best name. And I very much hope it is not a warning: "the tank tastes of A S S!" :)
A S S will have never tasted so good ;)

THE WGU CLUB

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Mine has been shipped.

I don't mind the capacity because I have (too) many tanks.

Great! Any idea how long it will take to arrive? Mine will hopefully go out tomorrow but I didn't pay for the fastest shipping, so I'm thinking Thursday is the soonest I can expect it.

And yeah I know what you mean. It's just I vape so much, 2.5ml can go in 90 minutes sometimes. Usually not quite that quick, fortunately. And if I'm going out I like to put a full tank on and take a single mod/tank and no refills and know it'll last me.

But for sure it's not the end of the world - especially given the new fill method - and if it did mean increased flavour, it would quite possibly be worth it.

I did also have the slight concern that when he says 2.5ml, it will actually turn out to be 2.1ml or whatever. That seems to happen with a lot of tanks. Though not the Aqua v2 which is dead on 4ml, so I'll assume he's going to be accurate again.

manthe

Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Winter Park, FL, USA
To me, this seems like a perfect compliment (or supplement) to the Aqua v2 - as opposed to an 'updated' or 'upgraded' version. Not that I have any issue at all with the airflow of my v2 - but I like the idea of having a little more there if I need or want it. Also, with the way I like to switch up flavors all the time, the lower capacity is actually a WELCOME feature for me. I love my v2...one of the best RTAs of all time, IMO...especially the RDA feature. I think this one is going to be a fantastic addition to my footoon collection!

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
To me, this seems like a perfect compliment (or supplement) to the Aqua v2 - as opposed to an 'updated' or 'upgraded' version. Not that I have any issue at all with the airflow of my v2 - but I like the idea of having a little more there if I need or want it. Also, with the way I like to switch up flavors all the time, the lower capacity is actually a WELCOME feature for me. I love my v2...one of the best RTAs of all time, IMO...especially the RDA feature. I think this one is going to be a fantastic addition to my footoon collection!
It also looks like the v2 wobble is no longer there too ;)

THE WGU CLUB

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Yeah, interesting point about lower capacity and changing flavours. Though the Aqua tanks are not bad for that as long as you have syringes - quite easy to empty with a syringe down one of the juice ports.

I can't really call that a feature or a benefit though, because you don't have to fill a 4ml or 5ml tank full :) You can put 2.5ml in a 4ml tank if you want to empty it quicker, but you can't put 4ml in a 2.5ml tank if you do want extra capacity :)

But yes I am definitely looking forward to getting mine. I love the v2 and I really hope I'm going to like this one a lot, too. As you said, I am not thinking of it being better than the v2, but it hopefully will be as good; just in slightly different ways.

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
Yeah, interesting point about lower capacity and changing flavours. Though the Aqua tanks are not bad for that as long as you have syringes - quite easy to empty with a syringe down one of the juice ports.

I can't really call that a feature or a benefit though, because you don't have to fill a 4ml or 5ml tank full :) You can put 2.5ml in a 4ml tank if you want to empty it quicker, but you can't put 4ml in a 2.5ml tank if you do want extra capacity :)

But yes I am definitely looking forward to getting mine. I love the v2 and I really hope I'm going to like this one a lot, too. As you said, I am not thinking of it being better than the v2, but it hopefully will be as good; just in slightly different ways.
Well, according to Footoon, the flavor should be improved ;)

THE WGU CLUB

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
That's what I was hoping yeah! Did he say that specifically? I saw FLAVOR: BEST and all that on Footoon.com, but I didn't hear him say that in his video (might have missed it, I did skip bits.) Or was it on FB?
Watch his video he put up, he goes over everything (differences) and slaps a build in it. That's where he said

BTW, he just got back to me on Facebook, has my shipping info and everything ;)

THE WGU CLUB

Reactions: TheBloke

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
That's really cool to win one :)
Yeah, I'm pretty excited...it was even better because my name was last, and didn't show up initially until he scrolled down to reveal the 5th winner...ME!!!

My eyes went all big and outside my head, like when Bugs Bunny goes "aaaooooggaa" for a lady bunny

THE WGU CLUB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread