• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Are "Authentic" Fasttech products... Authentic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
Hello all,

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, but I was browsing fasttech and I have a few things in my cart (drip tips, silicone sleeves...) and I came across what they call "Authentic KangerTech SUBTANK OCC Coil Heads (5-Pack)" for only $10.25. I cant seem to find a 5-pack of these for cheaper than $15 on sites that I regularly use.

I also saw on the site they DO have cloned OCC coils for a cheaper price, but I wanted to know if these were the real deal. I know fasttech is THE go-to site for anything cloned, but I'll happily pay the extra $5 for something I know is authentic and delivered within a week.

I'm also curious about the "Authentic" box-mods, and anything else that claims to be Authentic. I just don't want to spend $70+ on a box mod (or even coils for that matter) just to find out it's an unsafe 1:1 clone.

Thanks in Advance

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Reactions: Liskrig

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hello all,

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, but I was browsing fasttech and I have a few things in my cart (drip tips, silicone sleeves...) and I came across what they call "Authentic KangerTech SUBTANK OCC Coil Heads (5-Pack)" for only $10.25. I cant seem to find a 5-pack of these for cheaper than $15 on sites that I regularly use.

I also saw on the site they DO have cloned OCC coils for a cheaper price, but I wanted to know if these were the real deal. I know Fasttech is THE go-to site for anything cloned, but I'll happily pay the extra $5 for something I know is authentic and delivered within a week.

I'm also curious about the "Authentic" box-mods, and anything else that claims to be Authentic. I just don't want to spend $70+ on a box mod (or even coils for that matter) just to find out it's an unsafe 1:1 clone.

Thanks in Advance

It might depend on your definition of "Authentic".
The clearest definition of "Authentic" Kanger products would be if it is purchased from Kanger, or a Kanger Authorised Reseller.

If Kanger orders 1 million units from a factory in China, and the factory churns out 1.2 million units, of which 1 million gets shipped to Kanger, are the remaining 200,000 "Authentic" Kanger units or not?

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
The clearest definition of "Authentic" Kanger products would be if it is purchased from Kanger, or a Kanger Authorised Reseller.

If Kanger orders 1 million units from a factory in China, and the factory churns out 1.2 million units, of which 1 million gets shipped to Kanger, are the remaining 200,000 "Authentic" Kanger units or not?

That is a fair scenario... I would say they are. I just dont want to get a pack of coils that are "compatible" and consist of a bent paper-clip and rolled up toilet paper with misused KangerTech branding. Since I've stopped smoking, I've started caring a little bit more about what I consume.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
Many manufacturers only authorize their authentic products to be sold at a certain price point. Sometimes, FastTech sells these authentic items at prices lower than the specified price point. Some manufacturers like Kanger don't like this and so they won't publically state that their authentic products are being sold there.

Its true for clone manufacturers too. I remember when I bought my Ivogo Dimitri that FastTech listed a higher price on the website with a note that customer service could be contacted to get the price dropped. The note said that they put the higher price on the website because they sell lots of Ivogo products and Ivogo won't authorize FastTech as a vendor if they drop the price lower. I messaged support and the price was dropped anyway.

mizunoboy

Feb 5, 2015
United Kingdom
Hi,I have bought the Luxyuon 150w,Dimitri,Beast see thru,Sentinel M16 from FT.I understood that these were clone so wasnt expecting miracles but I have to say that I have not in all honesty been disappointed with any of these mods.

They all perform admirably and would have no hesitation in recommending these products and the saving made makes it possible to get more attys,juice etc.

I have even bought clone attys,Dark Horse,Mutation,Tobh,Magma etc and these also perform very well so I think its a case of trying and seeing what you think.I know that some people frown on clones but if they perform as they should then why not....I certainly will continue to buy from then even with the average 8 day FREE delivery to UK,I am more than happy with them so far
:rickroll:

crunchie812

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2014
Key Largo, FL USA
I have bought coils from FT that were not labeled authentic, but actually were. The packaging was a bit worse for wear, but the contents were the real deal. OTOH, I have bought coils that were not labeled authentic, and weren't, but the packaging was undamaged. No difference in performance or quality that I could tell. YMMV.

Rabbit Slayer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ

The factory that made the 200K extra basically stole them from Kanger and buying them you're buying stolen goods if you want to look at it your way

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
The factory that made the 200K extra basically stole them from Kanger and buying them you're buying stolen goods if you want to look at it your way
Well, intellectual property theft is a different kettle of fish than stolen goods. Kanger ordered a million and got a million. That 200,000 isn't being sold as authentic, so it's deliberately branded as a knock off. Lots of companies, even in the states, do it. Just look at car parts.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
FT are a reseller. They resell authentic products. They also resell non-authentic products which they label as "style". FT have from what I understand a massive chunk of the market and have noting to gain and much to lose by misleading their customers. Remember that much of the vaping gear is designed, and manufactured in China and the Far East anyway.
The assumption often seems to be that they are some sort of on-line equivalent of a dodgy geezer down a back alley knocking out boxes of moody Rolex's and Le Coste t-shirts on the cheap. They are a respectable business. They just happen to operate in a part of the world that takes a very relaxed view both culturally and legally on intellectual property rights and actual copyright.

I have bought lots of knock offs from them, but I have my first few authentic items inbound. So lets see if my confidence is well founded.

Reactions: Bad Ninja

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hello all,

I also saw on the site they DO have cloned OCC coils for a cheaper price, but I wanted to know if these were the real deal. I know Fasttech is THE go-to site for anything cloned, but I'll happily pay the extra $5 for something I know is authentic and delivered within a week.

Thanks in Advance

I have never heard anyone complain that a FT authentic item was a clone. I bought my first pair of Sony VTC3 batteries from them to try out when they were a great deal. They are good and I still use them in my lowest resistance mechanical setups. These days though their deals on authentic products are not all that good, specially considering the 3-4 week wait time if the item is in stock.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country

Not stolen.
They are either overage from the production line or packaging seconds.
They don't just trash seconds in China, and they always make more than needed.
And yes, feel confident Kanger got paid.

If it says authentic on FT it's the real deal.

Rabbit Slayer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ
Not stolen.
They are either overage from the production line or packaging seconds.
They don't just trash seconds in China, and they always make more than needed.
And yes, feel confident Kanger got paid.

If it says authentic on FT it's the real deal.
So lets say the Ford plant in Wherever feels like making an extra 1,000 Whatevers and sells them for 65-80% less than Ford, would you call that legitimate?

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
So lets say the Ford plant in Wherever feels like making an extra 1,000 Whatevers and sells them for 65-80% less than Ford, would you call that legitimate?
Let's make it a litter different.
Suppose some company invented lung cancer curing medicine. Small company. It can make very limited amount of drug, but it can sell it at sky-high price (say, billionaire has a cancer). Suppose some Chinese guy have stolen a secret and starts a high-volume production in China. It makes drug accessible to masses. Is this guy a hero or a thief?

Vaping gear - it's anti-cancer thing also.

Rabbit Slayer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ
Let's make it a litter different.
Suppose some company invented lung cancer curing medicine. Small company. It can make very limited amount of drug, but it can sell it at sky-high price (say, billionaire has a cancer). Suppose some Chinese guy have stolen a secret and starts a high-volume production in China. It makes drug accessible to masses. Is this guy a hero or a thief?

Vaping gear - it's anti-cancer thing also.
So it is stealing and to make yourself feel better about it, it is stealing for a good cause

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
Just to clear the air... FastTech has the reputation in the community for selling clones almost as fast as the original developers can build them. My original question had nothing to do with the country the company was located in.

I love you all, but I feel that I have my answer :) I'm NOT going to request the thread be closed, because there is A LOT of great discussion here on cloned "X" that should be discussed. Thank you to all that helped :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread