Aria Oros... Reviews... Lowest voltage drop...Is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewCloudzCity

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
On a Cloud Brooklyn, NY
Does anybody have any review on the Oros by Aria? Its "supposedly" has the lowest voltage drop for any mod out there currently. ( As per Aria and 3rd party testers). I am thinking about pulling the trigger on purchasing one but I havent seen any reviews online from people who actually own one of them. At $220 there are plenty of high end mech mod options out there. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.
aria oros.jpg aria oros1.jpg

NewCloudzCity

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
On a Cloud Brooklyn, NY
On Paper the Oros looks pretty impressive. I hoping to find someone on here that actually has one that can maybe share some first hand experience.
Thank you for that link btw

There are plenty of mods that have 0.00v VD... take a look at Jkuro's testing (which does include the zero drop Oros).

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
The design is interesting and purpose built; however, it's appearance is "meh" in my opinion lol... it's like a Vicious Ant Valkyrie and Cartel mod had a baby. Each of those mods are beautiful by themselfves.. but together you get this :p

But seriously, i wonder if you sat down a bunch of seasoned vaper at a table with a variety of "visually identical" mods with the same atty's and builds and juice... would anyone really be able to tell a difference? Most are so similar that i believe all this voltage drop (at such a low level) is nonsense.

NewCloudzCity

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
On a Cloud Brooklyn, NY
Your deff correct to an extent as far as design goes imo. Alot of these mod designs are redundant. There is only so many different ways you can design a mod. But unfortunately alot of these mods that I am interested in are very hard to get a hold of ie the cartel L.E. The Oros is available at a local store along with a few other mods ie the vanilla, xxix but those mods feel very light weight and cheap in the hand compared to the oros. The other ones almost feel like toys or clones.
As far as voltage drop goes, im not sure how much you notice it from the mod itself, but I defiantly notice when my battery drops under 3.9-3.8 volts. My nemmy stops hitting like a train. And according to the test done in the link posted by State o flux above, the oros hits harder then any other mod out there.

The design is interesting and purpose built; however, it's appearance is "meh" in my opinion lol... it's like a Vicious Ant Valkyrie and Cartel mod had a baby. Each of those mods are beautiful by themselfves.. but together you get this :p

But seriously, i wonder if you sat down a bunch of seasoned vaper at a table with a variety of "visually identical" mods with the same atty's and builds and juice... would anyone really be able to tell a difference? Most are so similar that i believe all this voltage drop (at such a low level) is nonsense.

NewCloudzCity

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
On a Cloud Brooklyn, NY
Im not going to say number are my goal, I just want a solid authentic mod that doesnt feel like a toy ( the oros is hefty and not in a bad way ) that looks nice and gives a better vape quality then a cheap clone.
Ive seen that they have clones the oros already but with the way that aria made that bottom button, im not sure a clone will be able to perform nearly as good as the authentic.

If numbers are your goal, it's not worth the premium IMHO.
Oros clones are 1/10th the price, and will produce similar statistics.

If it's performance you seek, you can get the same performance for a fraction of the price.

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
... gives a better vape quality then a cheap clone. ...
There is where you probably are wrong.

... with the way that aria made that bottom button, im not sure a clone will be able to perform nearly as good as the authentic.
There is where you may be right. But it would probably perform better in the feeling of the button, not vape quality.

OOoooppss... original vs. clone argument. :ohmy: Please ignore this post. :unsure:

Last edited:

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Your deff correct to an extent as far as design goes imo. Alot of these mod designs are redundant. There is only so many different ways you can design a mod. But unfortunately alot of these mods that I am interested in are very hard to get a hold of ie the cartel L.E. The Oros is available at a local store along with a few other mods ie the vanilla, xxix but those mods feel very light weight and cheap in the hand compared to the oros. The other ones almost feel like toys or clones.
As far as voltage drop goes, im not sure how much you notice it from the mod itself, but I defiantly notice when my battery drops under 3.9-3.8 volts. My nemmy stops hitting like a train. And according to the test done in the link posted by State o flux above, the oros hits harder then any other mod out there.

Completely understand and agree. Now i'll never tell anyone to go clone or authentic as that's completely personal but i must say i quickly purchased an Infinite L.E. copper Cartel Mod after seeing it besides the authentic. Was pretty amazed at how nice it was.

But yeah... im like you and prefer nice, thicker, substantial mods that are well made. Holding something like a beefy brass or copper Cartel tube then picking up something like a SS Stingray (no hate here i own one too lol) makes you feel like you might crush it in your hand.

NewCloudzCity

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
On a Cloud Brooklyn, NY
I mean dont get me wrong. Im not against clones either. I have a few cloned mods and a few cloned rdas. Some work great, some of them not so much. I started out purchasing clones early on in my vaping career in order to be able to experiment with a bunch of different products to see what I like without breaking the bank. But now i am in the market for a nice authentic mod and rba so I was thinkin of the Oros and new Plume veil 1.5. ( other ones i was considering are the Nemmy but ill be honest, my copper clone performs flawlessly, the cartel LE but thats hard to find authentic and i havent tried the clone yet and the Morpheus prob mis spelled)

There is where you probably are wrong.

There is where you may be right. But it would probably perform better in the feeling of the button, not vape quality.

OOoooppss... original vs. clone argument. :ohmy: Please ignore this post. :unsure:

Completely understand and agree. Now i'll never tell anyone to go clone or authentic as that's completely personal but i must say i quickly purchased an Infinite L.E. copper Cartel Mod after seeing it besides the authentic. Was pretty amazed at how nice it was.

But yeah... im like you and prefer nice, thicker, substantial mods that are well made. Holding something like a beefy brass or copper Cartel tube then picking up something like a SS Stingray (no hate here i own one too lol) makes you feel like you might crush it in your hand.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I repair mods for two local shops. I've seen a ton of legit mods and clones.
Some are great some not so much. Same for authentics.

If you are under the impression that authentic mods perform better than clones you mistaken.
You build will affect your vape more than the battery tube.

And speaking of the fast tech cartel clones, they are thicker and more solid than the authentics.

For all the reasons to buy an authentic over a clone, performance alone isn't one of them.

NewCloudzCity

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
On a Cloud Brooklyn, NY
So in your opinion, what authentic mod is worth it to spend the money on?

I repair mods for two local shops. I've seen a ton of legit mods and clones.
Some are great some not so much. Same for authentics.

If you are under the impression that authentic mods perform better than clones you mistaken.
You build will affect your vape more than the battery tube.

And speaking of the fast tech cartel clones, they are thicker and more solid than the authentics.

For all the reasons to buy an authentic over a clone, performance alone isn't one of them.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
So in your opinion, what authentic mod is worth it to spend the money on?

"Worth" is subjective.

A mod is worth whatever you are willing to pay for it.

The better question is what are you looking for in a mod and what does the mod need, in order to meet your requirements.

Think about what you want from the mod.

Performance? Style?
What type of button/switch?
Thread size? (For hybrid attys)
Material? Copper? Brass? Stainless?
Does exclusivity matter?
Lots of mods perform well from 17$ Clones to $2000 limited mechanicals.
I could recommend about 50 off the top of my head that I feel perform well and are built well enough to comfortably suggest.
Too many good mechs out there to list, really....
What do ya like?

NewCloudzCity

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
On a Cloud Brooklyn, NY
This is what im looking for in a mod for the most part. Performance of course is important. Style, there only so many different "styles a mod can have so that not really on the top of the list. I am a fan of the magnetic buttons. Size, 22-23mm 18650. Material, I do like copper generally. Exclusivity kinda matters, I mean I dont want something like a hana mod which everyone has. I hope that gives a good general idea

"Worth" is subjective.

A mod is worth whatever you are willing to pay for it.

The better question is what are you looking for in a mod and what does the mod need, in order to meet your requirements.

Think about what you want from the mod.

Performance? Style?
What type of button/switch?
Thread size? (For hybrid attys)
Material? Copper? Brass? Stainless?
Does exclusivity matter?
Lots of mods perform well from 17$ Clones to $2000 limited mechanicals.
I could recommend about 50 off the top of my head that I feel perform well and are built well enough to comfortably suggest.
Too many good mechs out there to list, really....
What do ya like?

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
There are dozens of mods that meet your criteria.
Be more specific. Floating pin? Recessed button?
Solid tube or sectional?

Here's an example:
I just picked this up
Solid copper. Copper contacts, adjustable pin, Recessed button magnets. but I can add them for $2
Legit model costs $499
This is a clone. $43 shipped. With hybrid atty and copper 510 top cap.

NewCloudzCity

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
On a Cloud Brooklyn, NY
Is that the Fasttech model? I got an order with fasttech that has been in transit for 7 weeks now. Its driving me crazy.
A floating pin would be nice, im open to type of magnetic button type. And i would prefer a solid tube.

There are dozens of mods that meet your criteria.
Be more specific. Floating pin? Recessed button?
Solid tube or sectional?

Here's an example:
I just picked this up
Solid copper. Copper contacts, adjustable pin, Recessed button magnets. but I can add them for $2
Legit model costs $499
This is a clone. $43 shipped. With hybrid atty and copper 510 top cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread