Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @Landin1102. Glad to have you here!:)

Here are Aspires recommended ranges for the Atlantis v2 coils (these may be printed on the coil).

1. 20-30W (0.5Ω coil)
2. 40-50W (1Ω coil)
3. 70-80W (0.3Ω coil)

Just because these may be recommended does not automatically mean you should stick to these ranges. Whenever trying a new coil, start out low and slowly raise you wattage. If you start to get a "dry hit" back your wattage down a notch or two.

Make sure you prime the coil well when you first use a new coil.

Landin1102

Jul 13, 2015
Hello and welcome to the forum @Landin1102. Glad to have you here!:)

Here are Aspires recommended ranges for the Atlantis v2 coils (these may be printed on the coil).

1. 20-30W (0.5Ω coil)
2. 40-50W (1Ω coil)
3. 70-80W (0.3Ω coil)

Just because these may be recommended does not automatically mean you should stick to these ranges. Whenever trying a new coil, start out low and slowly raise you wattage. If you start to get a "dry hit" back your wattage down a notch or two.

Make sure you prime the coil well when you first use a new coil.
I'm new to the whole vaping thing but today I just went out and bought an istick 50w and the v2 mega and I have .5 coils in and it says it's at .7 ohms is that bad?

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I'm new to the whole vaping thing but today I just went out and bought an istick 50w and the v2 mega and I have .5 coils in and it says it's at .7 ohms is that bad?
It's not unusual for a coil to be off by 0.1Ω. But even if it is off by 0.2Ω it still is safe to use.

Try not to get any juice in your 510 threading. I have (2) istick 50 watts (bought back in March) that periodically auto-fire and the battery heats up while charging. I had to replace the charging cable/wall wart. Changes are you will not have this problem unless you bought it from a vendor that had a lot of old stock.

From a safety standpoint never charge you battery unattended or while sleeping. Statistically most battery incidents occur while charging. That goes for all batteries we use in vaping not just mods that have an internal battery like the iStick 50 watt.

Last edited:

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
The ohms will go up as the coil "gunks" up with caramelized juice that is deposited on the coil. How fast this happens depends on how much juice you vaporize using the coil. High VG, dark color, sweet flavors will "gunk" up a coil faster than lower VG, light color juice.

When you notice that your flavors become muted and you are not getting as much vapor as you once were it's time to install a new coil.

Landin1102

Jul 13, 2015
The ohms will go up as the coil "gunks" up with caramelized juice that is deposited on the coil. How fast this happens depends on how much juice you vaporize using the coil. High VG, dark color, sweet flavors will "gunk" up a coil faster than lower VG, light color juice.

When you notice that your flavors become muted and you are not getting as much vapor as you once were it's time to install a new coil.
OK Thanks for the help!

Reactions: Susan~S

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Just a tip, if it jumps to say .8, I'd lower the wattage or you could get dry hits, is it a new coil ? Sometimes, unscrewing the tank off, take the coil out, give it a clean and screw it all back together solves the issue.. I used to have this problem a lot more on the Isticks than any other mod, what mod are you using ?

Landin1102

Jul 13, 2015
Just a tip, if it jumps to say .8, I'd lower the wattage or you could get dry hits, is it a new coil ? Sometimes, unscrewing the tank off, take the coil out, give it a clean and screw it all back together solves the issue.. I used to have this problem a lot more on the Isticks than any other mod, what mod are you using ?
I'm using an istick 50w and I just tried taking it apart and cleaning it and it's still at .7

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
I'm using an istick 50w and I just tried taking it apart and cleaning it and it's still at .7
Pretty common with the Isticks Im afraid, you can either live with it or upgrade your mod :thumb: Personally I have no love for the Istick 50w, a mod with separate batteries and a charger is the way I would go...and have gone..

Landin1102

Jul 13, 2015
Pretty common with the Isticks Im afraid, you can either live with it or upgrade your mod :thumb: Personally I have no love for the Istick 50w, a mod with separate batteries and a charger is the way I would go...and have gone..
I would but I blew 150 on a bunch of juice and the battery and take and extra coils. Thanks for letting me know this is a normal thing tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread